Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Kill stealing"

+4
Gecko
Connor
Natsu
lil_me
8 posters

Go down

"Kill stealing" Empty "Kill stealing"

Post by lil_me 21/9/2013, 10:19 pm

Now i don't play LOL, but i do play another Moba game and i often see the word 'kill steal' thrown around. It bugs me because its 5v5, a team game, and you're focusing on your solo stats? its childish in my eyes. Once in a while I see it from a tank and that really bugs me.

So to add to discussion:

Do you see people claim kill stealing? or have you ever complained about it?
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

"Kill stealing" Empty Re: "Kill stealing"

Post by Natsu 21/9/2013, 11:20 pm

I myself don't play moba games, but there is a game i play by the name of elsword, which actually bans you for kill stealing in 3v3 pvp. I think this whole idea of kill stealing is just stupid, your playing a game with other people who are trying to win, and i'm not sure about everyone else, but to me winning comes before considering whose kill it is.
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 21/9/2013, 11:47 pm

Ksing lol.

Yeah it gets thrown out a lot, and there are times when it does really take away from gameplay and can affect the outcome of the match. For example, you have two roles in a lane. One person called the Carry, their job is to do the most damage, and the other person in their lane is the support, who's job is to help the support and get them "fed", which means kills and no deaths.

If the support were to take kills early on in the game, it can really affect how well your carry does in the game. Kills= gold and more gold= more items. There are times when the support might accidentally take the kill and it would be called a kill secured, because they were both unsure if the carry would get it, and there are other times when its blatant that the carry could get the kill, but the support instead steals it.

It really only affects LoL matches early game, once you get to around 20 minutes, it doesn't really matter who gets kills.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 22/9/2013, 4:20 am

The only time I find kill stealing to matter is when you and say a friend are trying to stay a similar level and the person who is higher level takes most kills as this can ruin gameplay for the lower level.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Domo 22/9/2013, 12:32 pm

It's incredibly annoying because if you're playing a carry, it severely affects your gold flow.

It's even worse if your kill is stolen in these situations:
- You're playing carry and you're behind so you need the kills to catch up but someone who doesn't need them steals your kills.
- Some noob who died like 7 times in a row but steals your kill to reset gold value.
- When you're absolutely 100% going to get the kill but somebody literally one-hits it.

The only acceptable situations I find that it's okay for somebody to steal your kill is either if it's unsure that you're going to get it or if the person is completely carrying your team on his/her back and needs it.
Panda Domo
Panda Domo
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 22/9/2013, 3:16 pm

Ksing happens. Who cares.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipmunk01 24/9/2013, 9:52 pm

Depends on the situation, if my support took the first 3 kills in an adc/support lane, I'd be hella mad, unless the adc was gonna die.
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeus 25/9/2013, 4:42 am

Yeah, it can actually be really frustrating at times. It really only bugs me when somebody starts bragging about how many kills they have but they literally stole them all. For example, one champion in league (Sejuani) has this ability that lets her charge forward towards an enemy. Obviously very good for chasing. EVERY kill where I had to chase an enemy, Sejuani would generally rush at them and get the kill even if I did LITERALLY ALL OF THE DAMAGE. Again, it wouldn't bother me, but she started bragging. "hur dur i'm so good hur hur vayne (me) you're so fed because of me you're welcome" but she literally helped me 0 times and the reason I had as many kills was because I had a good support.

But yeah, it does get thrown around a lot and people do it a lot to try and bug you if you happen to get into an argument or something.
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down