Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any item shares their limit?

+2
MerchTilIDie
lulu2199
6 posters

Go down

Any item shares their limit? Empty Any item shares their limit?

Post by lulu2199 3/10/2013, 9:40 pm

Hi guys,

I am wondering whether there are some items that share limit with other similar items of the same category?

For example, the limit of saradomin godsword and saradomin hilt, the different ascension keys, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Lulu2199
lulu2199
lulu2199
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Any item shares their limit? Empty Re: Any item shares their limit?

Post by MerchTilIDie 3/10/2013, 10:02 pm

This is the first I've heard of this, must be new since the last time I was hardcore into merching about 2 years ago Razz PM me if you find out anything.
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 3/10/2013, 10:24 pm

Yes, in fact, there are many items that share limits. Unfortunately, there is no rhyme or reason to why exactly certain items share limits and why others which have highly similar relationships do not share limits. In general, more items do not share limits than those that do, so one can assume that a random item such as G'ween will not share limits with B'ween (which is true). If this is of great importance to you (i.e. it will greatly affect whether or not you flip an item), asking a mentor/merchant in the mentoring ircs is perhaps the best way to go. Often times they have far more experience than you and will be able to recall flipping an item and whether or not it shared a limit.

The only issue is even the most experienced merchants will sometimes not know/remember whether an item shares a limit or not. In this case your best move is not to flip both items concurrently. For example infinity gloves and infinity boots, I haven't a clue whether or not they share a limit, so I would only flip one of them at a given time.

The only items I can think of offhand that share a limit that you haven't already mentioned are identical potions with different doses (not counting flasks), and Barrows pieces. Ahrims, Verac, Dharok, etc all share a limit within their own sets, but not with the other barrows sets/pieces. Ahrim is particularly confusing because the wand and book do not share a limit with each other or the other Ahrim pieces.

To summarize, yes items do occasionally limit share, and thus one should avoid flipping "at-risk" items at the same time unless that person knows for sure that they do not share a limit.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 3/10/2013, 10:42 pm

There are quite a number of them. It's covered in the Mentor System General Flipping group.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 3/10/2013, 11:17 pm

http://www.smokinelite.com/t78172-known-linked-limits

This link should have what you're looking for
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 3/10/2013, 11:38 pm

Music wrote:http://www.smokinelite.com/t78172-known-linked-limits

This link should have what you're looking for
Oh right. Forgot he posted that publicly. Thanks Music.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zombeh 3/10/2013, 11:41 pm

Question answered, locked.
Zombeh
Zombeh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down