Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think?

3 posters

Go down

What do you think? Empty What do you think?

Post by MerchTilIDie 6/10/2013, 12:47 am

So I recently got in a wreck, although it wasn't much of a wreck... I was at a red light and everyone was scooting up and so I let off my brake a tad bit, and while everyone was going forward, I went to change the song on my phone and the woman infront of me slammed on her brakes and I hit her at like 3 mph. Nonetheless, there was $2800 worth of damage to my car which luckily got paid for with insurance.

Anyways, they put in brand new headlights, which from the factory cost $270, and so I ordered myself some halo's for $200 and sold the stock ones for $240

What do you think about them? I think they're freaking sexy, although you can't quite see them because of the lighting.

What do you think? Halo10

I'm gonna work on them a bit more next week, switch out the outer and inner bulbs to LEDS so that everything is white instead of white and yellow

This is what I want them to look like

What do you think? Halos10
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

What do you think? Empty Re: What do you think?

Post by Gummy 6/10/2013, 2:01 am

I think I cannot understand how you possibly did $2,800 to your car by hitting something at 3 mph. Even if that is stretching it, 10mph should not do $2,800 worth of damage to a vehicle. Especially not if it was a simple rolling into another car at a stop light by simply easing off the brake.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 6/10/2013, 2:40 am

Gummy wrote:I think I cannot understand how you possibly did $2,800 to your car by hitting something at 3 mph. Even if that is stretching it, 10mph should not do $2,800 worth of damage to a vehicle. Especially not if it was a simple rolling into another car at a stop light by simply easing off the brake.
Trust me, I know. I was like wtf?

new bumper - $380
new grill - $220
new hood - $400
new AC - $250
new bumper pads (some shit behind the bumper) - $75
new headlights - $270
paint work (10 hours) - $450
paint supplies (10 hours) - $400
body work - (5 hours) - $225

It was bullshit, but they did a fantastic job so I was happy. I only had to pay the $500 deductible
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 6/10/2013, 4:40 am

When my brother was in a wreck a few years back he took it up to the dealership to be reviewed and they "found" like $750 worth of damages. The damages were:

One broken headlight (like $250) - the light still worked and wasn't moved, but there is a piece under the hood that was cracked and since the wreck wasn't his fault why not take the insurance of the other person for all they're worth, right? Rolling Eyes 

Scratched up front bumper (paint chipped, $500 for repair) - I could have taken a sharpie and fixed the problem.

Between that and the list you posted I think someone should look more into these cases as it's clearly fraudulent inspection and maintenance charges.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 6/10/2013, 4:19 pm

Gummy wrote:When my brother was in a wreck a few years back he took it up to the dealership to be reviewed and they "found" like $750 worth of damages. The damages were:

One broken headlight (like $250) - the light still worked and wasn't moved, but there is a piece under the hood that was cracked and since the wreck wasn't his fault why not take the insurance of the other person for all they're worth, right? Rolling Eyes 

Scratched up front bumper (paint chipped, $500 for repair) - I could have taken a sharpie and fixed the problem.

Between that and the list you posted I think someone should look more into these cases as it's clearly fraudulent inspection and maintenance charges.
I got estimates from all around my city and they all varried from $1200 to $2800, and so I just went with the $2800 sense they took the most care in it and it gave me the best result.
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooge 7/10/2013, 7:46 am

Sorry to hear about your accident! I think the lights look good Smile
Mooge
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 8/10/2013, 3:34 am

Mooged wrote:Sorry to hear about your accident! I think the lights look good Smile
It's fine, thank you! for most people its love it or hate it. Personally I don't see how anyone could dislike it
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum