Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insane Snipes

+2
Gummy
MerchTilIDie
6 posters

Go down

Insane Snipes Empty Insane Snipes

Post by MerchTilIDie 11/10/2013, 1:38 am

Hey guys, so I always see people with some incredible snipes on pretty hefty items. I was just wondering, how long does this usually take, and how do you know what items you can do it on? I've typically always been an active flipper and I do some over nighting here and there, but I never do any of this, mainly because I never expect it to work, yet it seems to work a great bit with others and produces extreme profits. Any body wanna let me in on some advice?
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Insane Snipes Empty Re: Insane Snipes

Post by Gummy 11/10/2013, 2:27 am

Well last night one of our Moderators (lil_me) sniped a Seismic Singularity (instant bought and instant sold) for +158M lol.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 11/10/2013, 3:26 am

I think you're misunderstanding the term "snipe". By our standard definitions a "snipe" is usually a flip/merch that:
1) Buys much lower than expected
2) Sells much higher than expected
3) Occurs much more quickly than expected

(Checking various Merchz logs and looking under players' snipes sections will confirm this, I think).

Because you're wondering about time, I think you're referring to highballs and lowballs, purposely leaving an item to buy very low or sell very high. Lowballs and highballs can range from slightly slow to extremely slow, it depends on the item and whether or not the buy and sell were both extremes or just one or the other. The type of items these work best on is low volume items. These can be high valued items that are low volume and can be left in at a high/low price, relying on the item's stability, but also fluctuations to make profit (example: Red h'ween mask). Other items that are simply low volume (and often low value), such as vesta, statius, Broken barrows pieces, etc. can also be lowballed and highballed with varying successes too.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrill 13/10/2013, 8:41 am

Go ahead and try em out for yourself Smile... they can be quite on the receiving end
Shrill
Shrill
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 13/10/2013, 2:50 pm

One of my snipes I did a year or so ago involved buying a Holy Elixir for 11gp and selling it for 799,999gp. Actually happened in about 2 hours. Usually I find it works best with items someone would freak out about getting (TT items, rare PvM drops that nobody uses) and would rush to the GE and sell them at the GE for really low just to get the money right there and now because they are impatient.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 13/10/2013, 8:28 pm

DoYouPlay_RS wrote:One of my snipes I did a year or so ago involved buying a Holy Elixir for 11gp and selling it for 799,999gp. Actually happened in about 2 hours. Usually I find it works best with items someone would freak out about getting (TT items, rare PvM drops that nobody uses) and would rush to the GE and sell them at the GE for really low just to get the money right there and now because they are impatient.
That right there is what I was looking for, thank you!
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Zuidenaar 15/10/2013, 1:25 pm

This is the best snipe I did like a year ago, took like 3 weeks to buy tho so not worth it for the $$ but pretty cool for the % and giggles Razz
Insane Snipes A81a8a777eedb7e54a3d2156a608c0e9
Mr Zuidenaar
Mr Zuidenaar
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down