Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rep abuse (possible)

+3
Yamiteh
Mooge
Huluplus
7 posters

Go down

Rep abuse (possible) Empty Rep abuse (possible)

Post by Huluplus 8/11/2013, 1:03 pm

Every once in a while, I get in one of those moods where I just go digging around. And today happened to be one of those days.

http://www.smokinelite.com/u70526stats
Thanks given is 1, now doesn't seem completely off at first, but if you look at his one post. His introduction there are no posts which 98% of the forums would say dignifies a thanks.

However, I did some further digging and looked at join date, post times, last log in time. and he posted the thread at 6:33 than Mooged ( http://www.smokinelite.com/u70289 ) posts at 6:36. Again, not completely wrong. However two people posted on the thread the second member posting did not receive a thanks Mooged did however. After the thanks was given the other player did not log in again. It all seems a bit fishy to me, but from what I can actually see (meaning I can't see IPs) its up to the Admins to run an IP check.

PS, Corowns I still love your sexy voice. <3
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Rep abuse (possible) Empty Re: Rep abuse (possible)

Post by Mooge 8/11/2013, 4:27 pm

Since I joined this forum I have repped one post. It was brought to my attention that someone had capped but had not been +repped for it so I was offered a link in pm and I +repped the relevant capping post. I don't actually know PedroA (or however many E's he's got in his forum name) and I have never repped any of his posts. If you need to know anything else feel free to contact me.
Mooge
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 8/11/2013, 4:41 pm

Mooged wrote:Since I joined this forum I have repped one post. It was brought to my attention that someone had capped but had not been +repped for it so I was offered a link in pm and I +repped the relevant capping post. I don't actually know PedroA (or however many E's he's got in his forum name) and I have never repped any of his posts. If you need to know anything else feel free to contact me.
What he is saying is that this looks like PedroA is your account that you created so you could then "thank" yourself to get 3 +reps on your account.

On topic: I think it is very possible that he simply decided to join the forums for whatever reason and thanked Mooged's post because he thought it was good post(Mooged was wishing him good luck etc.). It's also possible the guy wanted to know what "thanks" does and since there was only 1 reply, there was no other person to test it on.
Times are close, but it's possible it's just a coincidence. I've noticed Mooged often posts in "Introductions" forum, greeting new mebmers. I believe what Mooged does is simply go through all the new/newly answered topics and post on them for whatever reason(post count, bored, trying to help or entertain or idk). If you check his statistics(http://www.smokinelite.com/spa/Mooged/45), you can see that he often welcomes people to the forums and congratulates on goals and stuff like that. So maybe it's coincidence, but yeah I guess an IP check wouldn't hurt ;P
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 8/11/2013, 4:42 pm

I just want to say I have nothing against you personally, I don't want you to feel like you are under attack. This does happen from time to time so its better to be safe than sorry.

Also, just so you are aware the +rep for resource cap thread (im sure this is the one you mean) the next poster is supposed to +rep the previous poster. Sometimes this gets backed up because someone forgets to or just doesn't do it. and there is nothing wrong with helping out but if you were +repped just to give a +rep I believe that falls into rep abuse, which first offense would be a rep reset to 0 I believe.

Edit: it could very well be coincidence, that does happen too. In which case he lucked out on an easy 3 reps. If thats the case more power to him. Razz His posts are decent too, not entirely repetitive and you can tell he actually took time to read before posting which I admire in a person.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooge 8/11/2013, 4:52 pm

Thanks both for replying; anyone who is investigating will have to just put this down to coincidence. I do not own the PedroA account and if any admin needs to verify this by doing an IP check then I welcome them to do so. If you need to contact me about this or anything else then feel free to do so.
Mooge
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 8/11/2013, 5:02 pm

HuluPlus wrote:I just want to say I have nothing against you personally, I don't want you to feel like you are under attack. This does happen from time to time so its better to be safe than sorry.

Also, just so you are aware the +rep for resource cap thread (im sure this is the one you mean) the next poster is supposed to +rep the previous poster. Sometimes this gets backed up because someone forgets to or just doesn't do it. and there is nothing wrong with helping out but if you were +repped just to give a +rep I believe that falls into rep abuse, which first offense would be a rep reset to 0 I believe.

Edit: it could very well be coincidence, that does happen too. In which case he lucked out on an easy 3 reps. If thats the case more power to him. :PHis posts are decent too, not entirely repetitive and you can tell he actually took time to read before posting which I admire in a person.
I asked Mooged to +rep one of Billious's caps because I couldn't +rep two. He did not recieve a +rep by doing so (mooged) and he already had gathered a +rep from elsewhere.
There is no need to be so suspicious about everything some1 does tbh.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 8/11/2013, 6:24 pm

HuluPlus wrote:However two people posted on the thread the second member posting did not receive a thanks Mooged did however.
I believe you can only "thank" 1 person per thread. Just thought I'd let you know.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 8/11/2013, 6:50 pm

As a new member, seeing the word thanks correlates to the phrase Thank you and not the rep it comes with on SM forums, another thing to keep in mind.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 8/11/2013, 7:06 pm

83% of forum users dont know a Thanks is 3 rep
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 8/11/2013, 7:13 pm

Rep abuse (possible) CPyYdA8

Locked.
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down