Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wtf @ my bank

+4
Dr_Dragonoid
feedpenguins
Isen
Rrezz
8 posters

Go down

Wtf @ my bank Empty Wtf @ my bank

Post by Rrezz 3/2/2014, 9:10 pm

I found out I had a 2500$ charge on my Credit Card, so I go to my bank and I issue a Fraudulent Activity claim.

The bank manager (I assume or assistant manager) comes out after a few minutes, and straight up says to me "I think you are lying, and you just don't want to pay for this purchase".

I then tell her the purchase was made online through a Company like Paypal, Google Checkout, and that somebody somehow gained access to my account. Either by stealing my information using a virus to record my keystrokes visited sites etc or some other method.

She then tells me "If our fraud department finds out someone DID gain access to your PayPal or Google Checkout account then it is YOUR fault for giving that site your Credit Card number and we will not cancel the transaction".

I have NEVER been treated like this by my bank before, I have had this happen one other time and the Bank Manager or assistant manager helped me out, and told me what was going to be done, and I would hear from them in a few business days up to 2 weeks.

Yet this person called me a liar straight up, that is the first thing they said to me. I honestly could not believe she said that to me.

Since it's her job to send out the Fraudulent report, I feel as though she won't really care, and because of her negligence I may be out of $2500 since she think's I am a liar apparently.

I've been told by my bank before that I have a Very good credit score so I don't see how the manager figured I was a liar.

I admit I went there dressed like a Gangster  lol! but still calling me a liar based off appearance (I assume) made me straight up want to change banks.

Is there any truth to this, or was she just talking a load of BS? Cause I just can't believe what she said about them not cancelling because someone else knew my Password is legit.
Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Wtf @ my bank Empty Re: Wtf @ my bank

Post by Isen 4/2/2014, 2:17 am

Have you attempted going to your local police department and filing a fraud report?
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 4/2/2014, 4:31 am

can you report her to someone higher up? with that attitude she probably wont hold her job there for much longer
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz 4/2/2014, 5:42 am

Isen wrote:Have you attempted going to your local police department and filing a fraud report?

Naw I haven't gone to the police yet.

Last time this happened I did, but they basically said that they would "look into it" and that "Your bank will most likely reverse the transaction's so there won't really be any harm done."

They never found anything, so I honestly don't plan on contacting them unless for some reason my bank does not reverse the transactions, then I most likely will.

Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 4/2/2014, 6:15 am

maybe it would be worth going to the police. then maybe the bank will stop being idiots
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz 4/2/2014, 6:31 am

feedpenguins wrote:maybe it would be worth going to the police. then maybe the bank will stop being idiots

It was just that one Manager or assistant Manager tbh.

Everyone else at the bank was helpful and did there job correctly. It's just that one employee and I will probably file a complaint against her not through her branch, but through the regional branch, or the Head Branch.
Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 6/2/2014, 12:53 pm

Maybe going some with a higher rank/post will do usually works for me :p
Threaten them that you will close your bank account (only if u spend a good number bills Razz)
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by em0re 9/2/2014, 8:41 pm

Happend to me before, I was looking threw my monthly bill when I saw £600 bill on a new computer. I was quite annoyed as i bought something off Amazon a wile back and apparently my friend had downloaded a thing onto my computer what ended up to be a keylogger. They took all my money and my money Never got my money refunded .

em0re
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 9/2/2014, 8:48 pm

Any update on this yet? I'm interested to see how it turns out.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daddy 14/2/2014, 11:52 pm

That's a lot of money and just wow. hope for the best
Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 15/2/2014, 1:47 am

Almost went through this myself ($87.5k), the bank was hesitant at first but when you start naming presidents of their company and their contact information they usually sit down and listen to what you have to say (I also was not dressed properly I believe I was in Pjs or something. $88k was missing I wasn't wasting time getting dressed lol). Just be calm, threatening them directly doesn't really get you anywhere only more headaches. If you can't talk with that person just call the corporate office and ask to speak to a supervisor. Just remember to try and be calm as possible. This process will likely take a week to fully clear.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 15/2/2014, 6:21 am

eeek that is alot of money, i hope you can work it out so you dont have to pay it off, you should consider taking action against that manager if you haven't yet, i had similar one time contacted the head bank person at corporate..within week they got fired..tho it was nothing near what you had..i really hope the manager gets fired for accusing you of lying like that..poor service on his/her end. Best thing is remain calm, do not get frustrated or angry i f you can..even tho it may be hard..
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz 15/2/2014, 7:33 am

Isen wrote:Any update on this yet?  I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Nope, still waiting on my bank.

I was told they would call me and ask me questions, been 12 days and not a single phone call yet.

Makes me wonder if the Manager/Assistant Manager lady I had to deal with actually sent the report or not.

I'll wait 3-4 weeks tops, and if nothing happens I will be forced to contact my bank and find out just what is going on.

I could pay it all off at any time if I sold some of my RSGP, but I would rather not have to resort to that unless it is absolutely necessary.

This is partially why I staked, and deal with RS Black market here at SM, so that if there ever was a day where I needed any money because of a situation like this I could liquidate my RSGP funds and not have to worry about it.

I've already had to pay PayPal 750$, because they overdrew my account and because of some technical error or something, they where able to make a few more purchases then they should have.

Of course PayPal called me up a few days ago informing me I owed them money etc.

I believe it took close to 2 weeks to resolve this the last time it happened, so I will wait 3-4 weeks max, but not longer then that. Especially since I have had no phone calls or any information regarding the matter.
Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 15/2/2014, 6:15 pm

that sucks any way you can change banks once this is resolved? I hope they will contact you soon as IMO i dont think you should have to pay it. Razz Seems most banks to like to play what i call the "waiting game" i find it funny how they can spam call selling things yet if something goes wrong on their end it takes like 2-4 weeks to hear back..least my old one was anyways.
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down