Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caitlyn vs quinn

5 posters

Go down

Caitlyn vs quinn Empty Caitlyn vs quinn

Post by Julij2 14/4/2014, 1:03 pm

Lately I've been playing on caitlyn and I've stumbled upon a big problem while going against quinn. Every time I get completely ripped by her. I've checked on forums and apparently I should easily win this matchup due to my bigger range but the problem is that quinn keeps jumping towards me and I get completely owned. And when I try to cs he keeps jumping towards me and dealing damage. I have no idea how to win this matchup.

Help is greatly appreciated.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Caitlyn vs quinn Empty Re: Caitlyn vs quinn

Post by mypet tr0ll 14/4/2014, 1:26 pm

It's an easy matchup as you can net away when she leaps onto you, just time it correctly. Stay behind minions in lane so that her q(the blind) won't hit you as well. Other than that, use your high range to bully her out of lane.

You also transition into late game better than quinn, quinn just has a bs mid game.

gl

mypet tr0ll
mypet tr0ll
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 14/4/2014, 6:18 pm

You do have a huge range advantage on her, but positioning is vital in this match up. I was a huge huge huge Quinn player in Season 3, and I performed well on her because I was able to expose some faulty positioning by the enemy Marksman. You can poke her out of lane, and if you can juke her Q, you can EASILY win a trade with her in the laning phase (seeing as your supports are good for 2v2 duels early.) Chances are, if she is able to vault you repeatedly, you need to work on your early positioning or keep auto attacking her while her Q is down to make her afraid of engaging on you.

Lower elo players (assuming you are anywhere from Bronze-low Gold) suffer from being unable to react to extreme aggression, which is exactly what Quinn is putting on. You need to keep autoing her when she goes in for creeps as she is doing to you, and while her Q is down, don't hesitate to use some shit on her. If she vaults to you, the most she can do is auto you and proc her passive for ~150 health. As long as you net away, she can't do anything else because of her extremely weak range.

The good thing about Caitlyn, however, is the fact that she can play safe in these types of match ups. If Quinn does manage to get fed to the point where she can easily beat you in a trade even if she does manage to botch her Q, Caitlyn can play back and position so that she can farm the lane safely, out of range of such a short auto range such as Quinn.

tl;dr- Auto her alot when she goes to farm and keep your distance so she can't vault/auto you.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Queen Of Entity 15/4/2014, 12:11 am

Dont get too close to her so she could jump, if you thikn you're about to get her jump range, just simply use your 50 cal net to dash backwards and keep distance to her. Also her blind (q) is something to watch out as she can outplay hard if she hits it.

~Entity
Queen Of Entity
Queen Of Entity
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 15/4/2014, 12:23 am

Don't be a noob. ez pz.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)