Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elder Scrolls Online!

2 posters

Go down

Elder Scrolls Online! Empty Elder Scrolls Online!

Post by Frekwency 7/5/2014, 6:08 pm

Hi,

So I'm crazy into everything Bethesda has to offer. However, I'm super skeptical of ESOL. I was wondering if anyone in SM purchased the game and has spent time playing it? Is it worth the buy? How far are you?

Is it anything like their other games?

Where do you see the game in 1 year? 5 years?

What are the games strengths and weaknesses?

The game has only been out for a month, so I doubt anyone's to end game. Just let me know what you think of the game and where you are!

Also, please be respectful and don't post any spoilers that might ruin it for someone that might play it in the future (AKA ME)

I watched an hour long video of a guy setting up his character and start questing and it looked pretty solid. Other than that, I have no clue what to expect from this game!
Frekwency
Frekwency
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Online! Empty Re: Elder Scrolls Online!

Post by Cald 8/5/2014, 12:16 am

I personally didn't buy it but I had access to a few beta weekends early on, and then the big open beta weekends right before release so can't comment on the final product, but still pretty much the general gist of the game.

Is it anything like their other games?
Yeh it is like the other games, however the combat doesn't play as smoothly, the extra abilities other than just the left click/right click don't really function well in the design, which in addition to the option of the first person play style simply does not work. They added in first person because people felt it wouldn't be an elder scrolls game without it, but realistically you cannot play the game properly using it. Essentially yes it does feel like an elder scrolls game, the story is very much elder scrolls, and was for what I played very interesting, however ultimately it is just a really bad elder scrolls game at that.

Where do you see the game in 1 year? 5 years?
Most MMORPGs that don't have an excellent launch are more or less dead within 18 months, ESO didn't have he greatest launch and has had a fair few issues since then, for example I've heard from friends who play that they have done literally nothing to combat botting within the game, so every dungeon and skilling spot is just filled with people using programs to get advantages over you. So unless it makes some significant changes it'll fall into the same category as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings online, and DC universe.

What are the games strengths and weaknesses?
Strengths would have to be story line, that's something that's key to the Elder Scrolls games, and this game was the same, it had an interesting and rich main storyline, with some interesting side missions. Its weaknesses would have to be how unfluid the combat is, for a game where you cannot click on an enemy to target it and focus it, it is incredibly had to actually land your attacks on enemies. In addition much in the same way, because your mouse is used to aim and you cannot used it to actually click on this (i.e Inventory) it makes the whole interface extremely difficult to use, and personally not my style.

Overall it is fun, however its really just not my favorite MMO out there, and I've played almost all of the big ones! If you've got the money it'd be worth it considering you get more hours out of this than Skyrim or Morrowind ect, the only drawback being the monthly fee on that department, and the fact that it just doesn't have the same exceptional graphics or play style as Skyrim.
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down