Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behind the Scenes Discussion - July

+7
KMV
Kelly
[ADMIN] Billious
lil_me
Minato
Avssie
celeritas0
11 posters

Go down

Behind the Scenes Discussion - July Empty Behind the Scenes Discussion - July

Post by Minato 16/5/2014, 8:13 pm

Behind the Scenes - July #3
Everything discussed here is for the purpose of interest and enjoyment. If you are to merchant due to this topic, please be aware that your decisions are your own responsibility.

See what others are saying about this update:
Official BTS announcement topic: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/bts-video-112--araxxor?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news
BTS Discussion topic: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?16,17,134,65429007
Patch notes: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?14,15,545,65115644,goto,1

My thoughts on this week's BTS
This week's BTS is all about the new solo/duo boss - Araxxor. The boss will drop level 90 2h weapons and you can solo it, but there's an option to bring a friend for increased rewards and difficulty. If you look at the BTS video you can see what gear they are using and maybe try to invest into it a little.
Finally, I found the music that's going to play when you fight him. Seems to be pretty good in my opinion. https://soundcloud.com/runescapesoundtrack/webbed-feat-araxxor-fight

Feel free to discuss.
Previous:

Last edited by Minato on 19/7/2014, 7:12 pm; edited 10 times in total

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Behind the Scenes Discussion - July Empty Re: Behind the Scenes Discussion - July

Post by celeritas0 20/5/2014, 3:22 pm

I was rather late buying zammy spears, but still made bit off them. Did anyone else get some in time?
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Behind the Scenes Discussion - July Empty Re: Behind the Scenes Discussion - July

Post by Minato 20/5/2014, 4:30 pm

Sadly I wasnt able to get any either, they were traded way over the GE guide price when I attempted to buy some.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Avssie 20/5/2014, 4:52 pm

Yeah I was lucky and managed to pick a few up, was watching the livestream and jumped over to g.e very quickly. Could have made a bit more apparently but I never like to risk it on panic buys;

Spoiler:
Avssie
Avssie
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by celeritas0 20/5/2014, 10:03 pm

Very nice! Yeah, they did peak just under 4mil I think, but your call was much safer.
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 23/5/2014, 8:31 pm

Updated.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 30/5/2014, 6:12 pm

Updated.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 31/5/2014, 2:38 am

In merchanting terms just the high level gear if you haven't hoarded any out since it started rising. If you can think of something that no ones come up with you could make a profit.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 31/5/2014, 3:33 pm

new quesssssssssst!!!
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 31/5/2014, 4:26 pm

lil_me wrote:new quesssssssssst!!!

Yeah the new quests with lvl 75 in 16 skills might be worth a look in for investing, mid level things mainly. But for most of the people aiming at the elf city, they will already have those levels. The ones looking at the bandos quest might go for mid level armour/weapons only if they don't already have it......too many if's and maybe's for my liking in the end as a merchant.

As a comp player however the elf city is a must. Even with this post I don't think it's coming in June. But the new slayer master, high lvl thieving, high lvl farming, high lvl .......well most things for the elf list of 16 skills means some resources might start to be stockpiled in preparation for the cities release. Thing is many of the needed resources will be found there, but the new slayer master adds some interesting game play.

https://cdn.runescape.com/assets/docs/external/elfcity/IorwerthAndCadarn.pdf

Behind the Scenes Discussion - July E60d6c96af60b62dae913262b2d73361

Behind the Scenes Discussion - July 007441a09002c4eb5b0916e5c03b3e9f

There was a little more, but you can see it yourself with the above link.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 31/5/2014, 5:16 pm

As stated, seems like it'll be a fruitful month. Any info on whether the skillchompas are going to be tradable or not? I foresee, if they are, them being a fairly nice flip.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 31/5/2014, 5:47 pm

Kelly wrote:As stated, seems like it'll be a fruitful month. Any info on whether the skillchompas are going to be tradable or not? I foresee, if they are, them being a fairly nice flip.

At the moment it seems like its 50/50 but, it would make a lot of sense if they weren't tradable though.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 31/5/2014, 8:58 pm

Damn, looks like a lot of stuff is happening for june! The skill chins will be a really interesting addition, hoping that they'd be tradable. I'm actually pretty impressed by the clip for Legacy, it looks pretty nice for the old style combat system, I'll definitely be trying it out. Me and few others have been stocking up for this update, and it's looking like it'll pay off.
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 6/6/2014, 9:13 pm

Updated with June #2

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 6/6/2014, 11:14 pm

I've always wanted to get into that elf city Smile
Seems like it will really be a nice place, I hope the debuffs are decided to be a bit harder though, maybe like dominion tower(no body armour, no prayer). Seems bit too easy imo especially with those bosses.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxodium 7/6/2014, 12:19 am

I don't feel there is anything to invest on based on this BTS - the only possibility I can think of is that you may need a bandos item to do the quest or if you're actually fighting, the weapon of another god may come in handy to do some extra damage?

Not much of a merchanting BTS, but I am looking forward to doing the quest.

Oxodium
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by celeritas0 7/6/2014, 12:37 am

There's the bandos hilt which can be added to a reward from the quest (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Superior_bloodied_kyzaj).

Made a bit of profit on release day, but I imagine it's a bit late for it now.
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by celeritas0 12/6/2014, 4:17 pm

The thread here: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?360,361,65,65393952

Talks about improving Saradomin Brews. Crushed nests went through the roof, but the actual potions, at least the (4) version, still seem pretty low. Did anyone else do any investing for this?
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 12/6/2014, 4:32 pm

meh piss. think i still have some in my bank
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 21/6/2014, 4:32 pm

Shameless self bump.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 27/6/2014, 8:39 pm

Posted another BTS.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 4/7/2014, 9:37 pm

Updated

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 5/7/2014, 1:11 pm

Besides flipping the current 90 weapons could also make good short term investments. There could be some panic sells and buys with them.
Not to mention high risk high profit flips with new 90 2h weps. I probably won't do this but some maybe will :p
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 8/7/2014, 1:46 pm

Seeing as this will drop lvl 90 weaps, I don't think current lvl 90 weaps will drop so much. Efficiency. Though after some new weaps enter the game, if these are good some of the lvl 90 weaps will drop. I haven't watched the BTS vid yet but just based off of the post I think this will happen.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down