Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC gaming Vs Console Gaming

+2
Daxaal
Roberto1
6 posters

Go down

PC gaming Vs Console Gaming Empty PC gaming Vs Console Gaming

Post by Roberto1 28/5/2014, 7:30 pm

Foreign aid, various political discussions - communism for example being discussed.
Now gaming usually isn't associated with intelligence, on the contrary, it is actually associated with making kids dumb, or at least less alert and able/bothered to learn. But that doesn't necessarily mean that those people who do enjoy a couple hours here and there (like me) don't have a modicum of intelligence within their noggin.

You do not have to debate about the philosophical statements or ontological or epistemological philosophy, not even politics, for an intelligent debate to occur, you can talk about coffee, if you so desired, or cocoa beans. I personally steer clear of religion and politics, causes too many arguments.

However, since we are all relatively intelligent, we can remain civil and courteous even if the subject is less challenging to approach than others.

I do not wish to have a war between both console Gamers and PC Gamers. Nor do I wish to have a War between PS and XB fans. Both Consoles have their pros and cons, both consoles and PC's have their pros and cons.
I simply want to determine peoples opinions on the matter, which doesn't mean you can all call each other names and dispute everything the previous poster said (unless its me cause IDM banter)

I would like to know the following

• What consoles you have (if any)
  • How much is a good Price for a Gaming PC in your opinion and what this price includes (and where from)
  • If you believe that all gaming PC's are over priced, which console did you get and why (wii, ps, xbox)
  • Which you think is best (and why)
  • Extending from the above comment, Pros and Cons of both in your opinion (don't answer because ******* is rubbish)

I do not want to have people flaming XBOX and PlayStation (or the wii but its so far behind, its own status flames it < see what i did there), I want this to be light-Hearted, more so than the other posts I've seen, intelligence can come from any aspect and any subject. Even if you don't play any xbox ps wii or pc, you have still probably gathered enough information to formulate an opinion Smile
Roberto1
Roberto1
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

PC gaming Vs Console Gaming Empty Re: PC gaming Vs Console Gaming

Post by Daxaal 28/5/2014, 10:16 pm

What consoles you have (if any)
Xbox 360, wii, DS

How much is a good Price for a Gaming PC in your opinion and what this price includes (and where from)
$1000 for a good gaming pc, it should include everything including the monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.

If you believe that all gaming PC's are over priced, which console did you get and why (wii, ps, xbox)
I got the xbox 360, wii and DS because they are much cheaper than PCs and the graphics quality of games are still ok and are at a playable frame rate

Which you think is best (and why)
I think consoles are the best in just about everything except graphics, PC games will always have better graphics, can't beat that Razz. Consoles are portable, support multi player online and offline, cheaper than PCs, controllers are generally more ergonomic and you can play games for longer, and the games are designed for consoles and you have no problems playing it at good quality and smooth settings.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frekwency 29/5/2014, 4:20 am

I have an Xbox 360 and a fairly expensive PC I built.

You can build a tower that runs all games at moderate power for about $600 if you know what you're doing. Mine can run any game I've ever installed in ultra, and I spent about $1100 on it (2 years ago). This does not include peripherals.

I don't believe PC's are overpriced, because there is no set price. I do think SSD's are pricey, although that's to be expected from new hardware. Also, RAM is awfully expensive these days. My 2 4gb sticks of ram went from $50 to $90 in two years.

What do I think is the best?

Well, that's a silly question. Each fits a particular purpose. Buy the console or PC that fits you.
Get what your friends have and quit worrying about the "best" system. When you're sitting at home alone playing a multi-player game on system A while all your friends are on system B, you will quickly realize how pointless those small bonus features are.

Frekwency
Frekwency
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 30/5/2014, 11:53 pm

I have an XBOX 360.
You can get a solid gaming PC for around $700 Dollars

The pros of a PC would be a far larger online community then xbox live by the total of online interactive games. League of legends alone trumps PSN. Then you have WOW + the Steam community and you get a total of daily active players far larger then PSN and XBL combined. If a social gamer is what you are then PC gaming would be far better for you. You may think a PC is more expensive then a console but you also have to account that you would also be using that computer for school work, saving/uploading photos, or browsing the web.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GsKiki 9/6/2014, 10:42 am

First off I would like to say that some games are actually helping children develop certain skills (proved by so many researches), so whoever is stating that all games are making people dumb is simply wrong.
Being a kid of the 90s I still do prefer outside games, but enjoy occasional games on computer/consoles.
Through my life I had NES, PS, and currently XBox. I never really had a real gaming PC/laptop but have played on one. I have to say all of them have pros and cons. Some games you simply enjoy better on a console, some you just have to play on a computer. I guess it just depends on what game you enjoy the most.
As far as prices goes, here in Croatia, you can find console for a much better price. For a PC here you would pay triple or more than for a new console. Not sure what exactly prices are around the world, but probably similar.
With all that being said, it's just a matter of opinion and enjoyment.
GsKiki
GsKiki
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 9/6/2014, 11:18 am

While this is an interesting topic, this isnt actually intelligent discussion but more just discussion. The effects of gaming could be, but not asking people's preferences and comparing opinoons. At least imo
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down