Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Server Rules 2.0(Read Carefully BEFORE Applying)

Go down

Minecraft Server Rules 2.0(Read Carefully BEFORE Applying) Empty Minecraft Server Rules 2.0(Read Carefully BEFORE Applying)

Post by Michael 1/6/2014, 3:17 am

Rules are subject to change at anytime and without warning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) DO play and talk to people nicely. While swearing and general poor behavior isn't expressly forbidden, if somebody complains and the situation is severe enough, the offender will not like the results.

2) DO build in your area. Towny is on the server to both protect your area and to encourage a tidy server by preventing a few people from taking all the best spots and leaving the rest with lesser awesome areas.

3) DO respect other people's areas and things.
You should avoid using people's farms, mob grinders, and items unless you are expressly given permission. You should also build far enough away from people that your constructions won't be visible from their areas, if they request. You SHOULD ask before you start building if somebody was in that area first and respect their wishes if they don't want you to build there. That's what the forum is for. =)

Along this same line of thought, if you happen upon an unprotected chest in what's obviously a claimed area, or a chest that contains obviously non-spawned items, use your head and realize that it's probably somebody's stuff, and it would be unkind to take it.

4) DO respect public and wilderness areas. Floating leaves, 256m tall single block columns, random water/lava covered mountains and half finished piles of plain cobble houses drive me bananas, and not in a good way. Don't do it. For your admin's sake.

5) DO respect the server itself and its community. You should avoid doing things that cause any kind of lag on the server, whether it's fast cycling redstone, excessive mobs (generally >30 of a type) in your grinder or farm, giant piles of TNT going off at once or 1000s  of amounts of items laying around.

Also while I don't require this be the only server you play on, constantly talking about and praising other servers where you regularly play I see as recruiting for other servers, and that's hugely disrespectful to both myself and the community. Abusing bugs and glitches, even if it's a problem with vanilla minecraft, also falls as a violation of this rule.

6) DO use your head! Above all else, if you can do something that seems wrong, it doesn't mean that it's ok, it just means that I haven't taken time to fix it yet. If I do have to take several hours to change something that people are abusing, that is probably going to make me extremely unhappy with those people, and they will probably not enjoy the results. ;-)

Remember, I, Michael, pay for the server myself every month, and I am very very happy to have people play with me, as long as they don't do anything that will detract from the community's or my own experience.

Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down