Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laptop for sale Lenovo G500

+2
Justin
Huluplus
6 posters

Go down

Laptop for sale Lenovo G500 Empty Laptop for sale Lenovo G500

Post by Huluplus 14/6/2014, 4:49 am

I have a Lenovo G500 (black friday limited edition) with an I5, 8G ram (fully expanded), I believe the cpu is 2.8 and is not overclocked (can be if you want to do that) Computer is also running windows 8.1. I have used this computer since I bought it, the hard drive just failed but it is being replaced under Lenovo Warranty (Disk drive is also being replaced from warranty). If sold I will be sending it in the original packaging. I would like $350 but I will be open to negotiation. I will not be going first unless Trusted+ feel free to have a middleman at your own expense.

Shipping will also be paid by the buyer.

Accepted forms of payment:
W/U
Visa gift cards (funds will be pulled pre-shipping)
Amazon gift card (additional fee of $50)

I will not accept Paypal (If you have to ask you don't know me well enough Razz )
I will also not accept RSGP either 07 or eoc.

If you would like more information on the laptop feel free to ask.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Laptop for sale Lenovo G500 Empty Re: Laptop for sale Lenovo G500

Post by Justin 14/6/2014, 5:30 am

What's the original price of the laptop?

Pics please

And you wouldn't accept paypal under any circumstances?

Justin
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 14/6/2014, 6:05 am

Justin wrote:What's the original price of the laptop?

Pics please

The only way I could do paypal is if say Adrijana would accept it, since she lives close enough I could just drive up there and pick up the money. The original price was $450 I got it discounted a bit since I was a friend of the employee who bought it, I ended up paying around $430 after tax. Some of the increase in price was for the additional RAM I installed. The laptop is valued new at full price in the $700 price bracket. I will also upload some pics when I get the Laptop back from service, which will either be tomorrow or the next day.

Edit: I also want to add, I have not spoken to her about accepting a paypal transaction, I don't want to volunteer her for anything. Razz
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin 14/6/2014, 4:52 pm

Huluplus wrote:

Pics please

The only way I could do paypal is if say Adrijana would accept it, since she lives close enough I could just drive up there and pick up the money. The original price was $450 I got it discounted a bit since I was a friend of the employee who bought it, I ended up paying around $430 after tax. Some of the increase in price was for the additional RAM I installed. The laptop is valued new at full price in the $700 price bracket. I will also upload some pics when I get the Laptop back from service, which will either be tomorrow or the next day.

Edit: I also want to add, I have not spoken to her about accepting a paypal transaction, I don't want to volunteer her for anything. Razz

No problem, but I think Adrijana would be fine with it. You say it was 450$ original, but in the 700$ bracket? Doesn't make much sense unless i'm not understanding correctly. Also, you're charging 350$ for a laptop that cost you 430$ that is used and even needed repairs. I don't think i'm interested for now unfortunately, unless the price can be lowered.

Justin
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 14/6/2014, 5:46 pm

Justin wrote:
Huluplus wrote:

Pics please

No problem, but I think Adrijana would be fine with it. You say it was 450$ original, but in the 700$ bracket? Doesn't make much sense unless i'm not understanding correctly. Also, you're charging 350$ for a laptop that cost you 430$ that is used and even needed repairs. I don't think i'm interested for now unfortunately, unless the price can be lowered.

I dont know if its right to jump in here but to solve the confusion the 700$ bracket was because of the extra ram installed in the computer.
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Triggy 14/6/2014, 6:28 pm

He also said it was the Black Friday edition, which could mean that he got it discounted at Black Friday, and on top of that he got even more of a discount
Triggy
Triggy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 14/6/2014, 7:37 pm

Dr_Dragonoid wrote:
Justin wrote:
Huluplus wrote:

Pics please

I dont know if its right to jump in here but to solve the confusion the 700$ bracket was because of the extra ram installed in the computer.

I seriously doubt a ram upgrade costs $250 for a laptop, It must be a really good laptop if it's $700, I can PC it for the people that are interested, I need the following information: CPU, Amount of ram, video cards, a picture and some additional information like the amount of hdd space, of course it's second handed so a picture of the laptop is necessary to see if there is any damage on the outside.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 15/6/2014, 2:42 am

The laptop has been kept in near perfect condition. All part that have gone bad have been replaced. The ram upgrade was a $60 ram card which has a 2 year warranty (only got it because it was a cheap protection). The laptop is normally priced at around $700 but because of the discount I got plus being bought on black Friday it was reduced to about half the original price. You can buy the lessor model of this computer for $600 from lenovo. The Hard drive is a 400G (360G after all updates and software) non solid state, but the computer has the ability to be solid state if you put the drive in.
This computer also comes with a $120 version of Eset Smart Security (virus protection 1 year which was installed roughly 2 weeks ago) and a lifetime Malwarebytes pro copy ($30).

Still waiting on Lenovo to send the hard drive into the service center, then they have to reinstall windows 8.1 (because the original drive was completely lost). So it could be until the end of the week for pics.

Also I am 100% open to negotiate a price, but I don't intend to lower it by a lot, simply because this is a pretty good computer for the price that it is. Razz

I did find one of these refurbished for just over $500 with only 4G of ram and 250G Hard drive.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 20/6/2014, 10:59 pm

Software Licenses are non-transferrable to other users - if they wanted to restore the computer, they would lose the pre-installed software. Therefore, it adds no value.

In all actuality, given that it was even close to this one here (which was $500 new), you'd be lucky to get $275 - on a good day. Realistically, I'd take the first $250 that was thrown to me. Even with the upgraded memory, you can get 2 x 4 GB DDR3 laptop memory for $40 for the pair. I'm not trying to bash your sales thread, I'm just trying to give an appropriate sale evaluation.

PCs just don't hold their values anymore, with ever growing technology, everyone is trying to stay up-to-date.

But GLWS, Hulu is as trusted as they come.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 21/6/2014, 2:25 am

Dual_Shock wrote:Software Licenses are non-transferrable to other users - if they wanted to restore the computer, they would lose the pre-installed software. Therefore, it adds no value.

In all actuality, given that it was even close to this one here (which was $500 new), you'd be lucky to get $275 - on a good day. Realistically, I'd take the first $250 that was thrown to me. Even with the upgraded memory, you can get 2 x 4 GB DDR3 laptop memory for $40 for the pair. I'm not trying to bash your sales thread, I'm just trying to give an appropriate sale evaluation.

PCs just don't hold their values anymore, with ever growing technology, everyone is trying to stay up-to-date.

But GLWS, Hulu is as trusted as they come.

I am 100% open to offers, I pretty much put a price down to stop the obvious single line posts like "what do you want for it?".
Any software licenses I have are 100% transferable (Eset and malwarebytes), I am authorized to actually resell these individually.

Also to add because I haven't updated in a while, Lenovo is a real pain to work with warranty wise and the part is 2 days overdue. I have the service manager calling lenovo directly and seeing whats going on now though. Crossed fingers say they just give me a new computer for the trouble. Razz
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 27/6/2014, 3:25 am

I am closing this, Problems have arisen and I was actually made an offer from one of the associates repairing the laptop for more than I was asking here.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down