Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating topics.

5 posters

Go down

Updating topics. Empty Updating topics.

Post by LassiehDK 14/6/2014, 7:41 pm

Hi.

It's quite annoying and almost impossible for potentional buyers whose looking to buy RS gp when so many of the sellers never bothers to update their topics.
I don't get the point of having a topic stating you have x amount of stock when in reality you have much less or in some cases none at all and I'm quite surprised to see that nothing is being done about this. I've even been in touch with multiple sellers about this and they normally apologize for having an out-dated topic - however they don't change it afterwards so being sorry doesn't really do anything.

Would it be possible to make some sort of rule forcing sellers to update their topic as soon as they have made a trade resulting in the stock being lowered?

LassiehDK
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Updating topics. Empty Re: Updating topics.

Post by Connor 14/6/2014, 7:52 pm

I don't think we would be able to enforce a rule like that, that would be a lot of work and quite of a hassle for us moderators.

I understand it is annoying, but most of the sellers include their current stock in their most recent posts, not necessarily the OP. Make sure you check there too.

Other than that though, you'll probably just need to ask them straight up if they have stock and what their stock is.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by LassiehDK 14/6/2014, 9:57 pm

Connor wrote:I don't think we would be able to enforce a rule like that, that would be a lot of work and quite of a hassle for us moderators.

I understand it is annoying, but most of the sellers include their current stock in their most recent posts, not necessarily the OP. Make sure you check there too.

Other than that though, you'll probably just need to ask them straight up if they have stock and what their stock is.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

As far as I have been told this has been discussed before and I remember telling an admin about it at some point and he agreed that something needed to be done about it.

I just fail to see the point of having a topic stating an out-dated stock - it doesn't really benefit anyone.

LassiehDK
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 14/6/2014, 11:00 pm

Yeah I find it really annoying to, I agree with you.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 14/6/2014, 11:05 pm

Although it is annoying you do have to consider some peoples irl situations, and a rule like that would be pretty annoying for the person who oversees this as there is no way to actually distinguish weather they have stock or not.
Moreover some sellers may have stock and may not want to sell to certain people as they are untrusted and the easy way to avoid the situation of them explaining to you why they don't want to sell, they would just say no stock.
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by LassiehDK 15/6/2014, 1:30 am

Kid wrote:Although it is annoying you do have to consider some peoples irl situations, and a rule like that would be pretty annoying for the person who oversees this as there is no way to actually distinguish weather they have stock or not.
Moreover some sellers may have stock and may not want to sell to certain people as they are untrusted and the easy way to avoid the situation of them explaining to you why they don't want to sell, they would just say no stock.

Hi, thanks for the reply Smile.

What do you mean by the first part of you reply regarding irl situations? I don't think I fully understand.

Regarding the second part of your reply that is surely true and that is something I haven't thought of - good point.

LassiehDK
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 15/6/2014, 1:37 am

In real life = IRL

By the statement I mean that the particular seller may not have had time to update his stock or even go on the forums, never the less being able to make/sell gold, which is just another possibility . However that point is only correct to a certain extent.

I suggest you also ask people in the IRC channel #smokinmils or #smexchange .

Hope I helped and you managed to buy some gold Smile
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by LassiehDK 15/6/2014, 2:14 am

Kid wrote:In real life = IRL

By the statement I mean that the particular seller may not have had time to update his stock or even go on the forums, never the less being able to make/sell gold, which is just another possibility . However that point is only correct to a certain extent.

I suggest you also ask people in the IRC channel #smokinmils or #smexchange .

Hope I helped and you managed to buy some gold Smile

Hi, thanks for your reply again.  Smile 

I do know what IRL means - I just didn't completely understand what you meant by your post.
It's always possible that people won't be able to get on forums for whatever reason but some of the people haven't updated their stocks in quite a long time and I see them on IRC on a daily basis - so I don't think that's the reasoning for it (at least not everytime as you also said yourself).

Thanks for the suggestion regarding IRC. I am already using #smokinmils and have been trading gold with a lot of SM people for 2-3 years.
Considering that I don't think it's because people haven't trusted me when they have told me they are out of stock while their topic said otherwise - of course I can't know that for sure though.

My reasoning for making this topic was basically just to give a suggestion for something that would be an improvement imo.

Once again, thanks for your post!

LassiehDK
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 15/6/2014, 2:25 am

Answered, and thank you for your suggestion.

Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down