Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charity drive

+8
Dag
Gildarts
Natsu
Skrillex
piramatrix
Heartstop123
fishingman71
Mr Rockeye
12 posters

Go down

Charity drive Empty Charity drive

Post by Mr Rockeye 31/7/2014, 2:26 pm

So I was wondering, when will there be another charity drive? The last one was quite some time ago as far as I can remember (I was a recent new member back than).
I feel like doing something good too.

EDIT:

Here are some charity options:

Long distance (far from home):

• Food & Drink problem in third world countries (there is a huge shortage on food and water in third world countries. For example WaterAid)
  • Woman trading problem (woman all around the world are being traded as if they are goods.)
  • Medical aid in third world countries (there is a shortage of medical aid in poor countries, a lot of people suffer/die because the medical aid has gotten to late to them.)
  • Doctors without borders (doctors who help in third world countries without gaining money from it)

Short distance:

• Helping the homeless (although you may not always notice them, there are a lot of homeless people even in your own city.)
  • Gaming addiction (a lot of youth nowadays gets in contact with games, some of them get so attached to their games that they become game addicted.)
  • Drug addiction (nowadays the drug industry is up into the billions of cash, of course this isn't without bad affection people get addicted to the drugs and can't just stop they need help.)

Last edited by Mr Rockeye on 2/8/2014, 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Charity drive Empty Re: Charity drive

Post by fishingman71 31/7/2014, 7:54 pm

Charity drives are usually just done at random times. I will agree tho, a charity drive would be nice as its been awhile since we have had one (:
fishingman71
fishingman71
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 31/7/2014, 9:03 pm

We normally do 1 every year in the springtime, I asked about this earlier this year as well, it makes me feel good to help out.
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 31/7/2014, 11:41 pm

would love to donate to some good cause, and also get a new badge Very Happy
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 1/8/2014, 12:09 am

Definitely a great idea (Y), I'm sure Adrijana would love to put this in motion when she has time.
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu 1/8/2014, 3:05 am

Would like to see one done also, don't recall one being done since i became a member of the forums.
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 1/8/2014, 8:57 am

Great to see such positive reactions Smile
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 2/8/2014, 1:43 am

Yeah its been a while since i last saw one, would love to see another!
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 2/8/2014, 1:53 am

Maybe in the near future this would be a possibility. What charities would you guys want to donate to, just so that everyone maybe has an idea? Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Adrijana 2/8/2014, 2:01 am

Dag wrote:Maybe in the near future this would be a possibility. What charities would you guys want to donate to, just so that everyone maybe has an idea? Smile

Lets make a list of suggestion for a Charity in this thread and I will see what I can do about putting it all into motion ASAP. Thank you for the reminder and thread. You all make SM a great community <3
[ADMIN] Adrijana
[ADMIN] Adrijana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 2/8/2014, 2:12 am

I would say WaterAid, the link is below if you want to find out what they do.
http://www.wateraid.org/uk/who-we-are
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 2/8/2014, 2:21 am

I would love to stream for a certain amount of time or for some continuous days maybe, and all donations would go towards a charity drive.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 2/8/2014, 5:29 pm

Connor wrote:I would love to stream for a certain amount of time or for some continuous days maybe, and all donations would go towards a charity drive.

I like this idea, i feel to it would be nice having another drive Very Happy, streams in my eyes kind of get the community more together, united and involved. Smile

RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 2/8/2014, 5:49 pm

Really cool idea connor Very Happy

In what category of charity are we thinking?

Long distance:

• Food & Drink problem in third world countries (there is a huge shortage on food and water in third world countries.)
  • Woman trading problem (woman all around the world are being traded as if they are goods.)
  • Medical aid in third world countries (there is a shortage of medical aid in poor countries, a lot of people suffer/die because the medical aid has gotten to late to them.)

Short distance:

• Helping the homeless (although you may not always notice them, there are a lot of homeless people even in your own city.)
  • Gaming addiction (a lot of youth nowadays gets in contact with games, some of them get so attached to their games that they become game addicted.)
  • Drug addiction (nowadays the drug industry is up into the billions of cash, of course this isn't without bad affection people get addicted to the drugs and can't just stop they need help.)

Some ideas, personally I like the gaming addiction charity since I knew someone who was addicted to gaming and is still following the program.
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 2/8/2014, 6:32 pm

Doctors without Borders or the Red Cross.

They do a lot of great work all around the world, and could really use all the help they can get. Especially now with the Epola epidemic in Africa at this moment.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 2/8/2014, 7:15 pm

Shall I edit the main post with whatever comes up as an idea to sponsor?
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down