Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible MC server changes

4 posters

Go down

Possible MC server changes Empty Possible MC server changes

Post by Minato 7/1/2015, 10:07 pm

Hello everyone,

Michael and I were talking the other day about different possibilities to increase activity in our Minecraft server. I came up with an idea to implement creative and survival zone throughout the map. This way we could have the best of both worlds, so to say. The basic idea we have here will of course get more detailed over time if we find that there is enough interest. It's up to you guys to say Yay, Neigh or a suggest third option.

We would have three kinds of zones throughout the map, two variations of creative and survival. The creative zones would branch into two, server maintained and personal.

In the server maintained you can build anything you want, within reason, for free without any upkeep. They would be scattered around the map  and you can claim a piece of it for your own purposes. Hopefully we can get a high population of players there and that would be the place where the community interacts with one another. If you are inactive then after an X amount of time the plot would be released by some kind of a mechanism.

In the player created personal ones you have to pay upkeep. You can make them anywhere on the map, there you can have your own little private corner of the world. These would however demand upkeep so you need to would need to trade resources or complete some jobs. Or some kind of other upkeep system. To store your gear for jobs/gathering you would need to have a locked chest somewhere outside of your creative zone.

In the last zone, the survival zone, you will have no upkeep or anything of the sort. The downside of that would be that your buildings would be vulnerable to player and/or monster attacks. We would have locked chests, but that would be pretty much it. The survival zones it would be every man for himself, but you can do almost anything you want there. If there's a need we could add some kind of a player protection system for a upkeep fee. This way you won't log in and see your house destroyed, of course the fee would be less than in the player created creative zones.

Lastly, we would open up the server for cracked clients too, this way we would have a lot more people to join our MC community. At the moment keeping it legitimate clients only has shows poor if any activity on the server. Why do we have one if no one uses it?

Do give your opinion on the matter,
Minato

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Possible MC server changes Empty Re: Possible MC server changes

Post by d6s 7/1/2015, 10:13 pm

I'd like it if we had the possibility to have half of our town in the survival zone and then branch it over into the creative zone if we built right on the border
d6s
d6s
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 7/1/2015, 10:15 pm

d6s wrote:I'd like it if we had the possibility to have half of our town in the survival zone and then branch it over into the creative zone if we built right on the border

In theory you could do this without any additional configuration, if the border has a set space of no-buidling to prevent taking items across the border then you might need to have a small gap, but not much.
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 8/1/2015, 12:28 am

Sounds sweet to me.

What happens to already existing structures and land that has upkeep costs before the update? will that remain or will it vary on the players choice
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 8/1/2015, 1:30 am

Gildarts wrote:Sounds sweet to me.

What happens to already existing structures and land that has upkeep costs before the update? will that remain or will it vary on the players choice

The current plan is to keep the same map, and with it its structures. The only thing that is going to change it the permissions set around the world, the plugins I'm looking at work much like towny but look to be better in every way.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down