Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock and Options trader interested in merching

4 posters

Go down

Stock and Options trader interested in merching Empty Stock and Options trader interested in merching

Post by arandomu 12/1/2016, 8:50 am

What led you to Smokin Elite?
I have been interested in trading on the Grand Exchange for a while now. I have been trading stocks and options for a few years and I wish to trade/merch on the Grand Exchange for a bit of fun and hopefully hone my skills and learn some new things. I chose to find a community of players who have experience in this to hopefully talk to those who have experienced success and failure, and maybe even learn some new skills that I can apply in my trading.

What do you hope to achieve while in Smokin Elite?
I hope to have my stupid questions answered  Razz . Hopefully I also will be able to meet new people and make new friends  Very Happy

Have you ever been a member of a clan before?
No

Do you currently know anybody in Smokin Elite?
No

On a scale of 1-10
i) How interested are you in merchanting

Around 8.
ii) If you're interested, how experienced do you feel in it?
Perhaps around a 5? Not too sure what I can say here, I will probably be able to analyse and speculate, but Runescape has changed a lot since I last played it, so I will probably need to re-introduce myself to everything and learn how the game works.

Do you have any short term and/or long term goals here?
It's pretty busy right now because it is earnings season so it's hard to plan for the short term. I'm here mainly for a bit of fun and perhaps try and discover some similarities between virtual and "real-life" economies, as I've always had an interest in virtual economies (I was previously a trader in TF2).
I currently have about 500k (lol) in my Runescape bank account. I plan to quickly increase my capital by buying a bond, then use that to merch.I'm not sure if buying wealth is looked down upon in this community (seeing it's about learning how to make your own wealth), but please don't flame me too hard if it is. If there is a more
efficient way to purchase in-game wealth , please let me know.

What do you do in your spare time?
I don't have much free time nowadays but on the occasion I'm free I like to play Hearthstone and Dota 2. I also enjoy playing Badminton. I read occasionally but I'm honestly too lazy for that. I also love music, current favourite bands are A Day to Remember and BigBang (Any kpop fans here?)

If other members wanted to contact you, what would be the preferred method? (IRC, pm, etc)
Private Messages are fine Smile Hopefully I don't forget to read them.

Is there anything you'd like to add?
I don't give free stock tips or financial advice. Not that I'm selfish or don't want to help you, I just don't like getting blamed if someone loses money because they chose to follow my tips (I am still relatively junior in my field of work)

arandomu
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Stock and Options trader interested in merching Empty Re: Stock and Options trader interested in merching

Post by piramatrix 12/1/2016, 12:15 pm

welcome to the forum buddy, if you came to learn more about merchanting you came to the right place. sadly enough the forum is kinda dead, but there is still lots of merchanting knowledge to be found all across the forums
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Stock and Options trader interested in merching Empty Re: Stock and Options trader interested in merching

Post by Gildarts 12/1/2016, 3:10 pm

Welcome to the forums mate, as Pira mentioned we are kinda dead atm but we have a huge bank of information you are able to use.
If you have any questions about merching feel free to drop me a PM Smile
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 13/1/2016, 12:49 pm

arandomu wrote:
Do you have any short term and/or long term goals here?
It's pretty busy right now because it is earnings season so it's hard to plan for the short term...
I currently have about 500k (lol) in my Runescape bank account. I plan to quickly increase my capital by buying a bond, then use that to merch.I'm not sure if buying wealth is looked down upon in this community (seeing it's about learning how to make your own wealth), but please don't flame me too hard if it is. If there is a more
efficient way to purchase in-game wealth , please let me know.

Buying wealth is not looked down upon in this community, in fact we support it and have a black market subforum

http://www.smokinelite.com/c10-black-market

You can buy RS gold from other forum members, we used to have an official gold shop run by the admins of Smokin Elite but I don't know where the link to it went or if they still run it.

Also what mmr are you in dota 2?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by arandomu 15/1/2016, 5:24 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! I'm sure that while the forums are inactive there are still plenty of great people to meet Very Happy

Daxaal wrote:

I do not play solo MMR much as I only play Dota 2 with friends. We like to mess around a lot, haha.
I do not recall my exact MMR, but it was nothing special, I think around 3.3-3.4k? I remember it used to be 2.7k, but we decided to play a bit more seriously for the week and found ourselves with a significantly higher MMR. We could probably push higher if we bothered learning the meta or actually playing properly, but for now we will remain an "MMR donation stack".
What is your MMR?

arandomu
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 17/1/2016, 3:47 am

arandomu wrote:Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! I'm sure that while the forums are inactive there are still plenty of great people to meet Very Happy

Daxaal wrote:

I do not play solo MMR much as I only play Dota 2 with friends. We like to mess around a lot, haha.
I do not recall my exact MMR, but it was nothing special, I think around 3.3-3.4k? I remember it used to be 2.7k, but we decided to play a bit more seriously for the week and found ourselves with a significantly higher MMR. We could probably push higher if we bothered learning the meta or actually playing properly, but for now we will remain an "MMR donation stack".
What is your MMR?

My mmr is currently 1. I also tend to play for fun with friends but we're not that good overall Razz . We're like in the 1k mmr bracket.
Stock and Options trader interested in merching Dota_210

What region do you play? did you enter the shanghai major open qualifiers? How did you go how many games you won?

Also what role do you tend to play in dota 2? support? carry? offlane? mid?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by arandomu 24/1/2016, 1:15 pm

Daxaal wrote:

My mmr is currently 1. I also tend to play for fun with friends but we're not that good overall  Razz . We're like in the 1k mmr bracket.
Stock and Options trader interested in merching Dota_210

What region do you play? did you enter the shanghai major open qualifiers? How did you go how many games you won?

Also what role do you tend to play in dota 2? support? carry? offlane? mid?

Late reply, oops, it's been busy! (Some of you may know why if you guys keep track of financial news)
Most of my friends and myself have been playing since Dota was in WC3. I mainly play Australia region, occasionally SEA. I didn't enter the Shanghai Major open qualifiers. How did you and your friends go?

I can play any role, and have been moving around all of them for a while. Recently I have been playing support a lot (my support number on the pentagon thing is now .98, previously .40), but I generally play Offlane, Carry or Mid.

arandomu
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 24/1/2016, 3:40 pm

arandomu wrote:
Late reply, oops, it's been busy! (Some of you may know why if you guys keep track of financial news)
Most of my friends and myself have been playing since Dota was in WC3. I mainly play Australia region, occasionally SEA. I didn't enter the Shanghai Major open qualifiers. How did you and your friends go?

I can play any role, and have been moving around all of them for a while. Recently I have been playing support a lot (my support number on the pentagon thing is now .98, previously .40), but I generally play Offlane, Carry or Mid.

I didn't do too well in the open qualifiers, ended up getting out in the first or second round Razz. What are your favourite dota 2 teams and players?

Are you from Australia? If so what state?

You said that you've been busy because of financial changes, what stock market do you invest in? ASX? Also what are you thoughts on Dick Smith going into external administration and possibly bankruptcy. In your opinion what made one of Australia's largest electronics retailer go down?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by arandomu 26/1/2016, 7:43 am

I don't follow the Australian stock market much, I am mainly trading US equities and options.
I am very out of touch with the competitive scene, but Puppey, BurNing, Bulldong, and iceiceice are some of my favourite players. My favourite team ever was Team Zenith a few years back, but right now it would probably be Fnatic, Vici or Alliance.

From what I saw in Dick Smith, the main reason I would avoid it is that it was formerly a private equity company. If a private equity company goes public, it should set off some warning bells and you should do a lot more homework on the company. The only reason a private equity company would want to make it public is to get rid of it as the company is not giving many returns. (If you really hate someone, tell them to buy a private equity company that's having an IPO!)

I'm not 100% sure why Dick Smith is in trouble because I have not taken a look at it, but as far as I know it's due to inventory mismanagement and underperformance.

PM me your steam, we should chat sometime.

arandomu
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 26/1/2016, 12:03 pm

arandomu wrote:I don't follow the Australian stock market much, I am mainly trading US equities and options.
I am very out of touch with the competitive scene, but Puppey, BurNing, Bulldong, and iceiceice are some of my favourite players. My favourite team ever was Team Zenith a few years back, but right now it would probably be Fnatic, Vici or Alliance.

From what I saw in Dick Smith, the main reason I would avoid it is that it was formerly a private equity company. If a private equity company goes public, it should set off some warning bells and you should do a lot more homework on the company. The only reason a private equity company would want to make it public is to get rid of it as the company is not giving many returns. (If you really hate someone, tell them to buy a private equity company that's having an IPO!)

I'm not 100% sure why Dick Smith is in trouble because I have not taken a look at it, but as far as I know it's due to inventory mismanagement and underperformance.

PM me your steam, we should chat sometime.

Are you Australian?

Also what are your thoughts on penny stocks? I signed up to a newsletter to receive penny stock suggestions and the one they're promoting is PGSY (newsletter sent on 20 January) . Are penny stocks good investments or do you think they're too easy to manipulate?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down