Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check your DVD and Game Region before Buying

3 posters

Go down

Check your DVD and Game Region before Buying Empty Check your DVD and Game Region before Buying

Post by Mr_Pleco 27/3/2011, 11:45 pm

FYI

You will want to check which region you're in and what region the DVD or game your purchase is in before you buy.

My experience with this happened when I went to Germany for a while and watched a DVD there. To watch it I had to switch regions from North America to Europe.

Later though, I discovered that I could only change THREE times EVER for the life of my computer. So going there, changing and going back and changing was 2/3 of the times.

Be warned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_region
Mr_Pleco
Mr_Pleco
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Check your DVD and Game Region before Buying Empty Re: Check your DVD and Game Region before Buying

Post by Sour Skittles 27/3/2011, 11:52 pm

There is software out there for free which allow you to watch dvds from other regions unlimited times. I am not going to suggest ones i have used incase of problems with them but they are out there Smile

Also, if you were to watch on a dvd player you can change it 3 times legally but again, there are ways to illegal alter your dvd player to watch any region with unlimited changes.

The 2nd point i cant confirm but its what i have been told Smile

Sour Skittles
Sour Skittles
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Check your DVD and Game Region before Buying Empty Re: Check your DVD and Game Region before Buying

Post by Mr_Pleco 28/3/2011, 12:12 am

Sour Skittles wrote:There is software out there for free which allow you to watch dvds from other regions unlimited times. I am not going to suggest ones i have used incase of problems with them but they are out there Smile

Also, if you were to watch on a dvd player you can change it 3 times legally but again, there are ways to illegal alter your dvd player to watch any region with unlimited changes.

The 2nd point i cant confirm but its what i have been told Smile

Go ahead and share as long as they don't have viruses or anything. =)
Mr_Pleco
Mr_Pleco
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sour Skittles 28/3/2011, 12:30 am

The one i use i got a few months ago called dvdfab passkey 8.0.2.2
I cant find the link to this version again without going to risky sites so ill have another look in the morning for a safe source Smile

I think the newest download avaliable on dvdfab doesnt do the same functions and only copies it onto your hard drive. People will want the one that gives this symbol....

Check your DVD and Game Region before Buying F3i4io

and not the monkey symbol (you'll know it if you get it)

Ill get back to you with a safe source Smile
Sour Skittles
Sour Skittles

Back to top Go down

Post by LordMakup 30/3/2011, 4:47 am

[ADMIN] Dr Kort wrote:FYI

You will want to check which region you're in and what region the DVD or game your purchase is in before you buy.

My experience with this happened when I went to Germany for a while and watched a DVD there. To watch it I had to switch regions from North America to Europe.

Later though, I discovered that I could only change THREE times EVER for the life of my computer. So going there, changing and going back and changing was 2/3 of the times.

Be warned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL_region

Lol this happened to me once lol.
LordMakup
LordMakup
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down