Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

\±‡‡±/ ®eaper's Signature Guide Collection \±‡‡±/

+8
xShineyThighx
DoYouPlay_RS
King Of Dicing
xDamon
Zombeh
Kelly
Jiri
Grim IReaper
12 posters

Go down

\±‡‡±/ ®eaper's Signature Guide Collection \±‡‡±/ Empty ±‡‡±/ ®eaper's Signature Guide Collection ±‡‡±/

Post by Grim IReaper 11/5/2012, 12:05 pm

Welcome to ®eaper's Signature Guide Collection. Please note, the image tutorials were NOT made by myself. I've gathered this collection to help the less expereinced services and individual members of Smokin Mils learn how to construct a REAL signature. If you don't currently own Photoshop, I can give you a link to download the full version of CS5 for free, or you can download a trial version of CS6 BETA on Adobe's official site.

A signature takes many steps. If you're just putting a render on top of a background, and just adding the flashiest text you can find, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG! This is how a signature is made by someone who knows what they're doing.

This signature was my entry proof for SoTW #35
\±‡‡±/ ®eaper's Signature Guide Collection \±‡‡±/ Sotw35proof

Below is a list of things that ruins a signature:

-A signature should always be rectangular. NEVER square and should always remain under 500x200px.
-Keep the boarder around your signature razor thin. 1-3px at most. You can make the top and bottom thicker, but make sure the sides stay thin.
-Never place text in the corner. Always keep the text close to your focal point (often the render). Not too big, just big enough to read. And keep it simple! Don't draw attention away from the render.
-RuneScape signatures suck! Avoid having to make them if you can. I've never seen a RS signatue that I could honestly say is good.
-"A signature is only as good as the render used" This means if the render you're using is terrible, your signature is doomed to fail. However, the key word is POTENTIAL. Even if you use a great render, it all depends on the skill of the person using it.
-Animation is BAD. It cheapens a well made signature, so I strongly suggest staying away from this. Even if you only animate the text, it will still remove focal from the render.

\/ Signature Tutorials \/
Please note, these guides are NOT beginner friendly. They will require some basic know-how of Photoshop

Liquifying Tutorial. Anime Render:

Greyscale, C4D usage, Displacment, Smudging and Motion Blur. Kanye West Stock:

Splatter brushing + Mask Clipping. Darkriders Stock:

Blending Modes, Colour Burn, Motion Blur and slight C4D usage. Link Render:

Linear Burn, Angled Strokes, Greyscale and Heavy C4D usage:

Gradient Maps and Light C4D usage. Female Stock:

Dodge, Burn, Splatter, Smudge, Sharpening and Light C4D usage. Anime Render:

Splatter Brushes. That guy from Transformers and Even Stevens... (forgot his name):

Various Brushes and Blending Modes. Paladin Render:

Displacment and other various techniques(One of my favourite guides). Female Stock.:

If this guide helped in anyway, don't forget to +Rep. Feel free to post anything you create using these guides, or if you need any help with any of the steps.

Again, I did NOT make these guides. All credit goes to thier creators. This is only a collection for the purpose of helping others. Any flaming or accusations of plaguarism will be reported!

Last edited by Grim IReaper on 21/6/2012, 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

\±‡‡±/ ®eaper's Signature Guide Collection \±‡‡±/ Empty Re: \±‡‡±/ ®eaper's Signature Guide Collection \±‡‡±/

Post by Jiri 11/5/2012, 1:22 pm

+rep, nice work there! Wink
Jiri
Jiri
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

\±‡‡±/ ®eaper's Signature Guide Collection \±‡‡±/ Empty Re: \±‡‡±/ ®eaper's Signature Guide Collection \±‡‡±/

Post by Kelly 11/5/2012, 3:35 pm

+rep a good guide Smile
I am going to be creating a stickied thread for guides to be linked in within the next few days, so I will include this Razz

Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper 11/5/2012, 10:14 pm

Thanks for the +Rep, Kelly and Jiri. Very Happy

Bump 11/5/12
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zombeh 11/5/2012, 10:23 pm

Reap, u forgot to include the link for photoshop DL, i would like to try it out.
Zombeh
Zombeh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper 12/5/2012, 7:46 am

PvM ZoMBeH wrote:Reap, u forgot to include the link for photoshop DL, i would like to try it out.

I didn't post the link to CS5 because virus defenders make mistakes. I think it was Cookie's virus protector that said the download was malicious software, but he chose to ignore it because I told him that link was the exact one that I'm using. And he's now had it over 6 months and still using it to this day. However, if a member of SM happens to get the same message as Cookie did, they will more than likely accuse me of being a hacker, and what little reputation I have on this site will be ruined.

So to avoid this all this happening in the future, I decided to leave out the DL link.
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xDamon 12/5/2012, 12:17 pm

I've 2 pretty big lists either should I post it in here or should I make my own topic?
xDamon
xDamon
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper 12/5/2012, 12:33 pm

Depending on the size, it may be best to make a new thread.
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by King Of Dicing 13/5/2012, 8:01 am

Nice guides Smile
Also, you forgot to add the image in the last spoiler Smile
King Of Dicing
King Of Dicing
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper 13/5/2012, 8:44 am

So I did. I'll add more guides later anyway.
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 16/6/2012, 10:18 pm

This needs a bump Wink Very helpful, plus-rep (plus key is broken on this mac >.>)
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xShineyThighx 17/6/2012, 8:05 am

+Rep Helped me out alot Smile I made my signature with these techniques <3
xShineyThighx
xShineyThighx
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by D avy 19/6/2012, 3:43 pm

the last tutorial just shows the Image tags but no link was added Smile
D avy
D avy
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper 21/6/2012, 2:56 am

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas 31/8/2012, 11:44 pm

Heya Grim nice quide +Rep Smile Sorry for the major gravedig here Sad Only just noticed this on Kelly's sticky thread Razz

Atlas
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzin 22/9/2012, 5:57 pm

Bro, this is awesome!
Thanks!
Jazzin
Jazzin
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by helloim96 13/1/2013, 10:14 am

Wow these guides are amazing thanks for sharing them, going to help me loads and a suspect many other people. Plus rep
helloim96
helloim96
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down