Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PORTAL 2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

PORTAL 2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!! Empty PORTAL 2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Post by fishingman71 18/9/2012, 11:55 pm

I can't install portal 2. I have the disc that you buy from the store (Im on a mac) and i do all the things, and then I went to download it, I entered my code this, and then it started downloading from the internet. my internet speed is like 150kb's a second. I let it download all night, and it got to 6 percent. I thought if I bought the CD version I could download most of it from the cd... Please help! I will give a thanks if you can successfully help me!
fishingman71
fishingman71
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

PORTAL 2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: PORTAL 2 HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fiver 19/9/2012, 7:47 pm

After doing a bit of research, I must sadly tell you that there seems to be no other way if you are on a mac, apparently. Steam Support said the following:

Mac Users:

If you are using a Mac, you will not be able to install from the disc. Please double-click on the game in your Library list to begin downloading and installing the software.

The only thing I can think of that you could try would be to contact Steam support, as the above mentioned statement was in regards to general Steamworks games. I can't recall if Portal 2 had Mac support from the very beginning, so it might be worth asking if you can install that specific game (you should definitely mention that you are referring to Portal 2 here) from disc (and how). Other than that, I know of no way.
Fiver
Fiver
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down