Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now!

+10
69STEP
bbeans
xbreakofdawn
CharlieB123
fwak axx ho
Psyke
Elf Archere
mypet tr0ll
arrowd3mon
Kobbra
14 posters

Go down

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Empty Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now!

Post by Kobbra 28/10/2012, 8:00 am

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide

Hello everyone, this is my first guide for anything I've written, so any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Introduction – For those of you who don’t know what flipping is, it is a common form of merchanting. Basically, it is buying a large amount of an item for its lowest price, then selling it back instantly for its highest price. This method of merchanting includes the lowest amount of risk and is favoured by many players due to the large amount of cash that can be made in a short amount of time.

In this guide, I will take you through a step-by-step method of active flipping and cover everything you need to know to be able to generate maximum profit. If you decide to try your hand at flipping, then this guide will be beneficial for you.

Items – Jagex has implemented a certain limit to the amount of an item which you are able to purchase every four hours. Once you have purchased this limit, you will have to wait another 4 hours to buy anymore of this item.
For example, the limit on ores is 25000 every four hours. I buy 25000 gold ore; this means I can no longer buy any more gold ore for the next four hours. Do note that there is no limit to the quantity of an item you can sell.

The reasoning behind this is to limit players from creating a false demand for an item, also known as item manipulation, to increase the price of that item substantially over time and making hundreds of millions of gp when it reaches a dump price were the manipulator/s sells their stock off.

Item Limits

Rares - 2
Treasure Trail Items - 2
God Wars Armour - 10
Barrows - 10
Most Weapons/Armour - 100
Flatpacks - 100
Seeds - 1,000
Jewellery - 5,000
Talismans - 5,000
Bows - 5,000
Gems - 5,000
Bow Strings - 10,000
Unstrung Bows - 10,000
Vials - 10,000
Arrows - 10,000
Cowhides - 10,000
Soft Clay - 10,000
Ashes - 10,000
Feathers - 10,000
Bones - 10,000
Potions - 10,000
Herbs - 10,000
Food - 10,000
Spirit Shards - 10,000
Bars - 10,000
Fish - 10,000
Ores - 25,000
Flax - 25,000
Logs - 25,000
Runes - 25,000

Regarding limits, some items have a connected limit, meaning that you can only buy a certain amount of either item, or a mix of the two up to a particular point.

• Metal armour (bronze through rune) share a limit of 100 between the pieces that make up the armour sets, although bronze through adamant platebodies have a separate limit of 500.

• Dragon armour shares a limit of 10 between all set pieces.

• Dragonhide armour of the same color, including sets (although the sets have a limit of 100).

• Treasure Trails armour that makes up a set shares a limit of 2.

• Barrows armour shares a limit between repaired pieces, broken pieces, and the item sets of the same brother's armour.

• Poisoned and unpoisoned versions of weapons and ammunition.

• All parts of godswords (swords, hilts, blades, shards)

• Both types of chinchompas.

• Enchanted and unenchanted gem-tipped bolts.

• All doses of the same kind of potion (with the exception of prayer renewal)

Finding an Item – If you’re thinking about what item you should flip then there are a couple of ways for you to find ideas.

• Common Knowledge – Use your common knowledge to figure out items that are in large demand and what activities and skills create a need for an item.
For example –Lobsters, Swordfish, Monkfish, Shark and Rocktails are all in demand by players that are training, pking or bossing.

• Item Graphs – On the main Runescape website you can view information about every item listed on the Grand Exchange. Look under the “Community” tab at the top of the website and click on the “Grand Exchange” option. There are also other websites you can visit to search up items. I use the Grand Exchange Central website to browse through items.

Interpreting a Graph - Below are four examples of graphs and what they are classified as.

The items that fall into this category are rising in price.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Positive

The items in this category are stable, they have the lowest risk involved when trying to flip, though they do take longer.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Stablexl

The items in this category are crashing and it is wise to leave them alone.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Negativew

This item would be ideal to flip, the price is changing, but it is nothing major to be worried of.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Idealitem

Flipping an Item – Now that you have an item or two in mind you would like to flip, all you need to do is follow several easy steps. Keep reading on.

Finding the High Price – To find the High Price of your selected item, simply buy the item for around double its price. Don’t worry the item won’t buy for double its price and you will get some of your cash back. Now the price that the item buys for will be the high price, make sure you write this value down and remember it.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Picture1jn

Finding the Low price – To find the low price of your selected time, sell it back for 1gp, don’t worry you’ll receive more than that. Now the price that this item sells for will be the low price, make sure you write it down and remember it.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Picture2wa

Prices – You may be thinking “What are these prices for?” Well it’s quite simple; those are your buying and selling prices.
• Low Price = Buy Price
• High Price = Sell Price

Flipping your Item – You can now start flipping your desired item. Put in a buy offer for as much as you can buy of your selected item for the low price that you sold it for. Depending on your item, it can take from anywhere between 1-30 minutes to complete the offer.
In this case, Uncut Rubies have a limit of 1000 every four hours so therefore I would put in an offer for 1k Uncut Rubies at 3313 gp each, the low price.

Once you have bought the item, it is time to sell it back and come out with some extra dough on top.

The next step is to put in a sell offer for your recently purchased item for the high price that you bought it for. Once again, depending on your item, it can take anywhere between 1-20 minutes to complete the offer.
In this case, I would sell the Uncut Rubies for 3468 gp each, the item’s high price.

Now if everything went accordingly, and it usually does, you should have made a nice and tidy profit.

Your profit is calculated by = Margin x Amount of item
Margin = High Price – Low price

So the profit that would’ve been made in this case:
High Price – Low price = 3468 – 3313
Margin = 155 gp
Margin x Amount of Item = 155 x 1000
Profit = 155000 gp

Additional Notes
• Remember, always have patience, it can net you millions.
• If you’re item stops selling due to the high price being lowered, do not panic and sell the rest of your stock for a loss. Wait it out, it is most likely that the item will adjust prices again.
• Do not become demotivated because you made a loss on a flip, everyone has and you should move on to another flip.
• Don’t keep items you have no use for or any expenses, sell them all of and remember the saying “the more money you have, the more money you make”.
• Do not undercut or overcut prices, everyone can make more dough that way.
• Remember not to invest your entire cash stack on one flip unless you are absolutely sure you can pull through.
• P2P players should utilize all their G.E slots; try to have more than one flip going.
More flips = More $$$

Closing words – Active flipping has become one the most favoured forms of merchanting in Runescape due to the large amount of success players experience from this method. It can be described as a “Low Risk – High Outcome” form of merchanting that anyone can indulge themselves into. So why not join in and watch your cashpile grow? You can easily make millions through active flipping in just an hour or two. Start now and rake in the mils.

Last edited by Kobbra on 31/10/2012, 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Kobbra
Kobbra
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Empty Re: Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now!

Post by arrowd3mon 28/10/2012, 10:39 pm

thx now i understand flipping more!

arrowd3mon
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Empty Re: Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now!

Post by mypet tr0ll 31/10/2012, 7:51 am

Fantastic Guide!

This is one of the most in-depth flipping guides on the forums. You've done an excellent job with all the pictures as well and the descriptions of item limits and what not.

Moved into the rated section! alien
mypet tr0ll
mypet tr0ll
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elf Archere 6/11/2012, 2:11 am

Great guide! I can tell you put in a lot of effort in this guide, by the quality and depth of it's content. One thing is to write a good guide, but the other most important thing is the knowledge it takes to do it. I like how you illustrate some reading technics.
I am sure this guys will be of good use for new flippers and those who gets stuck sometimes!
- so thank you for spending your time to help others

+rep

Elf Archere
Elf Archere
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyke 15/11/2012, 8:15 am

Thanks. The second half wasn't helpful, as I already knew that information. The first half; however, was extremely helpful. Very Happy

Psyke
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Empty great

Post by fwak axx ho 15/11/2012, 4:13 pm

farao
Kobbra wrote:

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide

Hello everyone, this is my first guide for anything I've written, so any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Introduction – For those of you who don’t know what flipping is, it is a common form of merchanting. Basically, it is buying a large amount of an item for its lowest price, then selling it back instantly for its highest price. This method of merchanting includes the lowest amount of risk and is favoured by many players due to the large amount of cash that can be made in a short amount of time.

In this guide, I will take you through a step-by-step method of active flipping and cover everything you need to know to be able to generate maximum profit. If you decide to try your hand at flipping, then this guide will be beneficial for you.

Items – Jagex has implemented a certain limit to the amount of an item which you are able to purchase every four hours. Once you have purchased this limit, you will have to wait another 4 hours to buy anymore of this item.
For example, the limit on ores is 25000 every four hours. I buy 25000 gold ore; this means I can no longer buy any more gold ore for the next four hours. Do note that there is no limit to the quantity of an item you can sell.

The reasoning behind this is to limit players from creating a false demand for an item, also known as item manipulation, to increase the price of that item substantially over time and making hundreds of millions of gp when it reaches a dump price were the manipulator/s sells their stock off.

Item Limits

Rares - 2
Treasure Trail Items - 2
God Wars Armour - 10
Barrows - 10
Most Weapons/Armour - 100
Flatpacks - 100
Seeds - 1,000
Jewellery - 5,000
Talismans - 5,000
Bows - 5,000
Gems - 5,000
Bow Strings - 10,000
Unstrung Bows - 10,000
Vials - 10,000
Arrows - 10,000
Cowhides - 10,000
Soft Clay - 10,000
Ashes - 10,000
Feathers - 10,000
Bones - 10,000
Potions - 10,000
Herbs - 10,000
Food - 10,000
Spirit Shards - 10,000
Bars - 10,000
Fish - 10,000
Ores - 25,000
Flax - 25,000
Logs - 25,000
Runes - 25,000

Regarding limits, some items have a connected limit, meaning that you can only buy a certain amount of either item, or a mix of the two up to a particular point.

• Metal armour (bronze through rune) share a limit of 100 between the pieces that make up the armour sets, although bronze through adamant platebodies have a separate limit of 500.

• Dragon armour shares a limit of 10 between all set pieces.

• Dragonhide armour of the same color, including sets (although the sets have a limit of 100).

• Treasure Trails armour that makes up a set shares a limit of 2.

• Barrows armour shares a limit between repaired pieces, broken pieces, and the item sets of the same brother's armour.

• Poisoned and unpoisoned versions of weapons and ammunition.

• All parts of godswords (swords, hilts, blades, shards)

• Both types of chinchompas.

• Enchanted and unenchanted gem-tipped bolts.

• All doses of the same kind of potion (with the exception of prayer renewal)

Finding an Item – If you’re thinking about what item you should flip then there are a couple of ways for you to find ideas.

• Common Knowledge – Use your common knowledge to figure out items that are in large demand and what activities and skills create a need for an item.
For example –Lobsters, Swordfish, Monkfish, Shark and Rocktails are all in demand by players that are training, pking or bossing.

• Item Graphs – On the main Runescape website you can view information about every item listed on the Grand Exchange. Look under the “Community” tab at the top of the website and click on the “Grand Exchange” option. There are also other websites you can visit to search up items. I use the Grand Exchange Central website to browse through items.

Interpreting a Graph - Below are four examples of graphs and what they are classified as.

The items that fall into this category are rising in price.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Positive

The items in this category are stable, they have the lowest risk involved when trying to flip, though they do take longer.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Stablexl

The items in this category are crashing and it is wise to leave them alone.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Negativew

This item would be ideal to flip, the price is changing, but it is nothing major to be worried of.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Idealitem

Flipping an Item – Now that you have an item or two in mind you would like to flip, all you need to do is follow several easy steps. Keep reading on.

Finding the High Price – To find the High Price of your selected item, simply buy the item for around double its price. Don’t worry the item won’t buy for double its price and you will get some of your cash back. Now the price that the item buys for will be the high price, make sure you write this value down and remember it.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Picture1jn

Finding the Low price – To find the low price of your selected time, sell it back for 1gp, don’t worry you’ll receive more than that. Now the price that this item sells for will be the low price, make sure you write it down and remember it.

Kobbra's Active Flipping Guide - Become a billionaire now! Picture2wa

Prices – You may be thinking “What are these prices for?” Well it’s quite simple; those are your buying and selling prices.
• Low Price = Buy Price
• High Price = Sell Price

Flipping your Item – You can now start flipping your desired item. Put in a buy offer for as much as you can buy of your selected item for the low price that you sold it for. Depending on your item, it can take from anywhere between 1-30 minutes to complete the offer.
In this case, Uncut Rubies have a limit of 1000 every four hours so therefore I would put in an offer for 1k Uncut Rubies at 3313 gp each, the low price.

Once you have bought the item, it is time to sell it back and come out with some extra dough on top.

The next step is to put in a sell offer for your recently purchased item for the high price that you bought it for. Once again, depending on your item, it can take anywhere between 1-20 minutes to complete the offer.
In this case, I would sell the Uncut Rubies for 3468 gp each, the item’s high price.

Now if everything went accordingly, and it usually does, you should have made a nice and tidy profit.

Your profit is calculated by = Margin x Amount of item
Margin = High Price – Low price

So the profit that would’ve been made in this case:
High Price – Low price = 3468 – 3313
Margin = 155 gp
Margin x Amount of Item = 155 x 1000
Profit = 155000 gp

Additional Notes
• Remember, always have patience, it can net you millions.
• If you’re item stops selling due to the high price being lowered, do not panic and sell the rest of your stock for a loss. Wait it out, it is most likely that the item will adjust prices again.
• Do not become demotivated because you made a loss on a flip, everyone has and you should move on to another flip.
• Don’t keep items you have no use for or any expenses, sell them all of and remember the saying “the more money you have, the more money you make”.
• Do not undercut or overcut prices, everyone can make more dough that way.
• Remember not to invest your entire cash stack on one flip unless you are absolutely sure you can pull through.
• P2P players should utilize all their G.E slots; try to have more than one flip going.
More flips = More $$$

Closing words – Active flipping has become one the most favoured forms of merchanting in Runescape due to the large amount of success players experience from this method. It can be described as a “Low Risk – High Outcome” form of merchanting that anyone can indulge themselves into. So why not join in and watch your cashpile grow? You can easily make millions through active flipping in just an hour or two. Start now and rake in the mils.
fwak axx ho
fwak axx ho
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kobbra 15/11/2012, 11:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, hope it helps.
Kobbra
Kobbra
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB123 17/11/2012, 11:57 am

Very nice guide, I knew everything already but, if i had not had the knowledge, this would have definately helped me.

VERY DETAILED. GOOD JOB Wink

CharlieB123
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by xbreakofdawn 2/12/2012, 3:02 am

Thanks for this nice guide for flipping, this will help me alot. Also thanks for the limits for items, helps alot while flipping.
xbreakofdawn
xbreakofdawn
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by bbeans 8/12/2012, 11:42 am

wicked guide. i like the bit that helps explain graphs Very Happy

bbeans
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by 69STEP 9/12/2012, 8:38 pm

Great guide, I've read a few flipping guides but this is really easy to understand compared to some others out there Smile
69STEP
69STEP
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by datsyuk09 10/12/2012, 5:45 pm

great guide. will be putting this to use immediately. hopefully i see quick results!
datsyuk09
datsyuk09
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Charizarrdd 17/12/2012, 2:55 am

Very nice! Used this earlier worked quite well for me. Thanks a lot!
Charizarrdd
Charizarrdd
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Salaandora 29/12/2012, 9:18 pm

Wow, I am surprised by the armor limit. I thought it was 100 for each individual item, instead of the item sets. Thanks for the info, very helpful
Salaandora
Salaandora
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy X93 7/1/2013, 10:13 pm

A very nice guide I must say! +rep Smile
Galaxy X93
Galaxy X93
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kobbra 4/9/2013, 9:09 am

Just logged back on after months thanks for all the replies peepz and if theres any more info you'd like me to add comment or pm me. Smile
Kobbra
Kobbra
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down