Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rep abuse

+8
Worthyyyy
Broeder
Lucky
Julian
JohnieQuest
Leakee
Sly
Huluplus
12 posters

Go down

Rep abuse Empty Rep abuse

Post by Huluplus 5/1/2013, 10:56 am

The thread in which the abuse is happening.

http://www.smokinelite.com/t55177p75-undeadrose-s-investment-bank-45-80m-5-non-comp-open

Im not actually sure who is doing it, I don't know who is - repping. But someone is going through and neg repping all of my customers and myself included, and its losing me a lot of rep points. If this can't be stopped in some way, then I will pay out my investments and I want the thread basketed to prevent more neg repping. Whoever is doing this needs to just step forward and admit their wrong doings.

Updates:

Just simply getting -repped on every post I make.

Last edited by undeadRose on 10/1/2013, 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Rep abuse Empty Re: Rep abuse

Post by Sly 5/1/2013, 11:01 am

Happened to me as well, when i posted on undeadRose's investment bank. needs to stop, wheever undead posts, he gets neg repped.
Sly
Sly
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 5/1/2013, 11:03 am

undeadRose wrote:The thread in which the abuse is happening.

http://www.smokinelite.com/t55177p75-undeadrose-s-investment-bank-45-80m-5-non-comp-open

Im not actually sure who is doing it, my best guess would be 2VN because of my short response to him which I was neg repped for. But someone is going through and neg repping all of my customers and myself included, and its losing me a lot of rep points. If this can't be stopped in some way, then I will pay out my investments and I want the thread basketed to prevent more neg repping. Whoever is doing this needs to just step forward and admit their wrong doings.

It couldn't be 2VN, check out his post; he is neg repped too :/
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 5/1/2013, 11:04 am

Leakee wrote:
undeadRose wrote:The thread in which the abuse is happening.

Im not actually sure who is doing it, my best guess would be 2VN because of my short response to him which I was neg repped for. But someone is going through and neg repping all of my customers and myself included, and its losing me a lot of rep points. If this can't be stopped in some way, then I will pay out my investments and I want the thread basketed to prevent more neg repping. Whoever is doing this needs to just step forward and admit their wrong doings.

It couldn't be 2VN, check out his post; he is neg repped too :/

I did just look at his neg votes given out which is only 3, so I guess I owe an apology to him. Since I don't think he could possibly do it with that low of a -rep give out.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 6/1/2013, 1:17 am

Still losing reps to a rep abuser. Neg repping every post I make. I would really like to know who is doing this as I do plan to apply for trusted some day in the future and I can't help but think this will affect me in some way (Prime example being points for every 10 reps).

More proof http://www.smokinelite.com/t71574-if-you-could-ask-mod-mark-one-question-it-would-be

Only my post gets neg repped and there is no reason for a neg rep.

If someone gets to the bottom of this I would be more than willing to give you a rsgp tip for your efforts and I would owe you a favor. Razz
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnieQuest 6/1/2013, 3:14 am

-repping doesn't subtract reps anymore.

Or at least I don't think it does.
JohnieQuest
JohnieQuest
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 6/1/2013, 5:45 am

JohnieQuest wrote:-repping doesn't subtract reps anymore.

Or at least I don't think it does.

It does in the black market and investment bank sections of the forums.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 6/1/2013, 5:51 am

Why would 2VN -rep himself? Exactly. He wouldn't.

Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 6/1/2013, 5:55 am

Jewlian wrote:Why would 2VN -rep himself? Exactly. He wouldn't.

I actually stated a couple posts down it couldn't be him. He has never -repped anyone.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 6/1/2013, 6:21 am

Without going through every single member's account to see who's it is there really isn't a way to tell I believe I'll still send it to an admin though for you.

Also Neg Repping does actually count in certain forum sections
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 9/1/2013, 9:53 pm

Still being -repped anything from the admins?
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 9/1/2013, 9:58 pm

Jewlian wrote:Why would 2VN -rep himself? Exactly. He wouldn't.

You cant -rep yourself unless you make a new account, fyi
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnieQuest 9/1/2013, 11:58 pm

Post something on that thread.

Go here - http://www.smokinelite.com/f133-investment-banks (and get -repped)

Refresh page until you see users browsing this forum.

Go see how many -reps they've given.

It doesn't work though if the -repper doesn't -rep you within a few minutes of waiting..otherwise refreshing the page gets repetitive. . .
JohnieQuest
JohnieQuest
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 10/1/2013, 6:02 am

JohnieQuest wrote:Post something on that thread.

Go here - http://www.smokinelite.com/f133-investment-banks (and get -repped)

Refresh page until you see users browsing this forum.

Go see how many -reps they've given.

It doesn't work though if the -repper doesn't -rep you within a few minutes of waiting..otherwise refreshing the page gets repetitive. . .

The user also has to be online, and I've only seen the -reps when I log in so I don't think I share the same time zone as the person.

EDIT: http://www.smokinelite.com/t66022p570-rep-for-resource-cap LOL! More -reps in a +rep section
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthyyyy 10/1/2013, 10:49 am

I've seen this all over the forums, not just in that section. Someone has something against you! Is it possible to get these reps back? as i've seen it in the majority of recent posts of yours, would suck if not Sad
Worthyyyy
Worthyyyy
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 10/1/2013, 2:22 pm

too bad you're getting -repd, but, don't fasly accuse others (you've said sorry but why dont you edit it out the main post)

Secondly, Admins are not going to check everyone's account. I quess this problem can't be solved easily :[

Goodluck Sad
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 10/1/2013, 7:32 pm

Adri wrote:too bad you're getting -repd, but, don't fasly accuse others (you've said sorry but why dont you edit it out the main post)

Secondly, Admins are not going to check everyone's account. I quess this problem can't be solved easily :[

Goodluck Sad

Your right. Razz I edited him out of the first post I don't want people thinking badly of him because of me. I don't know him but im sure hes a great guy.

Anyways, still getting -repped. I've stopped posting in the black market and investment banks for the time being.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 10/1/2013, 10:13 pm

Worthyyyy wrote:I've seen this all over the forums, not just in that section. Someone has something against you! Is it possible to get these reps back? as i've seen it in the majority of recent posts of yours, would suck if not Sad

No. You will not lose your -reps because you feel you "Don't deserve it".

I think what you guys seem to miss here is that just because someone is -repped, doesn't make it a god aweful thing. If someone thinks that what they said was wrong or bad, they have to right to -rep it. We have the button there for a reason and it is not a crime to use it. Just because you see that someone was -repped, doesn't make it a crime.
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 10/1/2013, 10:59 pm

Jewlian wrote:
Worthyyyy wrote:I've seen this all over the forums, not just in that section. Someone has something against you! Is it possible to get these reps back? as i've seen it in the majority of recent posts of yours, would suck if not Sad

I think what you guys seem to miss here is that just because someone is -repped, doesn't make it a god aweful thing. If someone thinks that what they said was wrong or bad, they have to right to -rep it. We have the button there for a reason and it is not a crime to use it. Just because you see that someone was -repped, doesn't make it a crime.

Your missing the point entirely maybe you should go check any post I've made in the past 2 weeks. They are ALL -repped thats where the rep abuse comes in. If you don't like someones post and you -rep it fine, but to go through and -rep multiple posts because of one post you didn't like is what the rep abuse is. I wouldn't open this thread for one -rep im talking 15+ -reps (im not sure on the exact number because I have not gone through all of my posts). Also your not an admin or a mod so you have no idea what the possibilities are. I deserve to have this thread not spammed up by people like you saying "No your a noob" or whatever your implying. I've been around for quite some time and I was once a trainee and I left on good terms (even though it says I was kicked I did inform Xavy01 I was stepping down).

If it turns out nothing can be done about the wrongful reps then at the least I would love a list of suspects who could be doing this as I will deal with it myself.

The last person who targeted me with rep abuse was Mikee who was later banned for scamming, its a trait scammers have. No respect and they just don't care odds are this person is a scammer and either I didn't fall for it or someone else almost did and I stopped it.

EDIT: Im not implying that anyone should bend over backwards for me either, im just saying im not a nobody either.

Last edited by undeadRose on 11/1/2013, 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 11/1/2013, 12:47 am

Jewlian wrote:

I agree tho, if you disagree with a person you can -rep A post not EVERY post of a person :p
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 14/1/2013, 4:05 am

Still being -repped

http://www.smokinelite.com/t71814-lvl-30-lol-acc-eu-west-with-66-champs-and-11-skins-for-sale

Im down 4 reps just today. This is really getting annoying and starting to really erk me.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 14/1/2013, 5:04 am

i'm not sure what you want us to do, there is nothing that can be done really
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KetchupFTW 15/1/2013, 6:34 pm

Is there really nothing that could be done? I can understand it would be extremely frustrating for Undead to receive all those -reps all day.
KetchupFTW
KetchupFTW
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 16/1/2013, 4:45 am

KetchupFTW wrote:Is there really nothing that could be done? I can understand it would be extremely frustrating for Undead to receive all those -reps all day.

I am mainly worried because I will be applying for trusted soon. I have accepted that they cannot really do anything, I am going to find this person and I know there has to be some way other than logging into every active account with reps on the forums, there just has to be.

I guess if nothing can be done this can just be locked, and yes im still being -repped at this posting.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master 16/1/2013, 5:35 am

undeadRose wrote:
KetchupFTW wrote:Is there really nothing that could be done? I can understand it would be extremely frustrating for Undead to receive all those -reps all day.

I am mainly worried because I will be applying for trusted soon. I have accepted that they cannot really do anything, I am going to find this person and I know there has to be some way other than logging into every active account with reps on the forums, there just has to be.

I guess if nothing can be done this can just be locked, and yes im still being -repped at this posting.

fight the -rep with +rep.
attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down