Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask the Mentors

+6
BamZam
Julij2
Paradox Love
[ADMIN] Billious
Warrior
Kelly
10 posters

Go down

Ask the Mentors Empty Ask the Mentors

Post by Kelly 19/2/2013, 10:54 pm

Ask the Mentors Pre_1396822949__2

[size=13][color=orange]The Mentors of the Mentoring System are happy to answer any questions you may have about to Merching Smile!

Whether the question may be what types of things to merch with X amount of money to
whether an investment is a good/bad idea – so if you have any questions, ask away Very Happy

Happy merching I love you!

Last edited by Kelly on 14/8/2014, 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Ask the Mentors Empty Re: Ask the Mentors

Post by Warrior 19/2/2013, 11:05 pm

Best F2P items to merch in EoC so far? money is not important
Warrior
Warrior
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 20/2/2013, 1:04 am

Well f2p cuts down the great options by a fair bit, but if money is not a problem then rares have always been a steady source of income.

Other than that you would have to look at things like blue d'hide sets/piece, fog gear like worn out dragon gauntlets or rune spike/berserker shield 0, corrupt dragon items are still ok (not as good as pre-eoc but not bad).

Then it's down to items that bounce a lot during the day like rune arrows, lobsters, swordfish or very slow to flip items like grapes or plain logs, pie dishes, normal planks etc.

I haven't tried magic short bows since they were added to f2p but I would assume they would be much like rune arrows and change price a lot during the day, but have small margins. With items like those you need to test prices often to find a cheap time to buy and the best time to sell over the course of the day. Although margins stay small they do go up and down many times in a few hours so be careful and pick your timing.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradox Love 20/8/2013, 12:47 am

When is the best time to invest in an item? Say short term investments of like a few days to a week.

By this I mean like, what time in the graph, I am not to good at predicting graphs.
Paradox Love
Paradox Love
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 20/8/2013, 6:40 am

The best time to invest in an item is when it's still falling in its price. Since it's falling the price will be lower than usually is meaning you'll earn more cash if it rises again.

Length of the investment is a matter of personal preference. Some people like short term investments some long term investments. I prefer short term as they usually involve less risk, while long term investments may be effected by updates that weren't out at the time you started your investment.

As I said already the best time to buy is when item is still falling. Sign that item is going to rise can be seen as deacrease of the fall. First item is falling 5% per day, then 4%, 3%, 2% and this is the sign it will start rising soon. The best time to sell is before it peaks. After it reaches the peak it's already too late as price starts decreasing. Before peaking out the item's rise will start decreasing. If it rose 5% first time then 4% and then 3% then this is the clear sign item is turning it's way around and it will start falling again.

Here's the graph of dragon hatchets. I invested in them so I know what were the prices of them during certain periods:
Ask the Mentors G9qh
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 20/8/2013, 7:01 am

What are a few common items being merchant in 07 Runescape? Do they have good profit margins? Are they expensive to start off merchanting with?
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by mayzeblade 28/8/2013, 11:21 pm

My question might sound a bit noobish but, I been trying to flip Nex Armor and I was wondering how long it would take to buy, like on average..I got a lot of money to work with but I'm just curious..

~Wants to get professional~
mayzeblade
mayzeblade
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 28/8/2013, 11:35 pm

mayzeblade wrote:My question might sound a bit noobish but, I been trying to flip Nex Armor and I was wondering how long it would take to buy, like on average..I got a lot of money to work with but I'm just curious..

~Wants to get professional~
You can either flip it as an active flip or inactive. If you set small margins (less than 500k) then the full limit flip shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. If you set bigger margins (500k+) then flips will take longer (usually 30mins+). It also depends on the time of the day. In the mornings margins will be bigger but flips will complete much slower while later on margins will be smaller and flips will be faster. But there are many factors that determine their speed so it's really hard to say how long it will take to flip them. But the basic rule is: bigger margins=slower flips, smaller margins=faster flips (this doesn't apply in every situation but most of the time this is the rule).
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/11/2013, 3:18 pm

I brought a red h'ween mask for 203.6m before few days. I did that because I thought it was gonna bottom at 200m however it dropped allot more. So my question is; Should I dump it now that it is around ~193m and accept a loss of 10m or wait for it to rise? Even though I could make the money back by using the money I would get by dumping it I don't play much lately so I don't know in how much time I will make that 10m back (I only flip 1-2 rares a day) plus the rares always go back to their previous prices after a crash. So what should I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 7/11/2013, 7:57 pm

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/GEMW/C#t=Nov_05_2010,Nov_05_2013#i=Red_h'ween_mask

From a historical standpoint, it looks like at best you will break even. Otherwise you're going to lose a fortune unless you hold on until June 2014. Your choice. Wink

Btw it's 199b atm if you wanna run away pirat 
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 7/11/2013, 8:31 pm

I have to agree with Phileep and say dump it. All rares have a very similar historical graph and you seem to have bought not long after the start of a very long crash that lasts for months. Phats acted a little differently last year due to eoc crashing high wealth armour/weapons and so ppl put that money into the safer item long term. The years before last they followed the same historical trend as the rween and so it is highly likely to follow the same trend again. Even if you don't play much you will still make more with that money in the next 6-8 months than if you hold it all that time.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nose1 9/1/2014, 4:57 am

Hey, can i ask something?

Atm i'm doing some merching and flipping, with merch is all ok, but i have a question about flipping, actually all my flips worked very well, but theres any risk of my item not get sold?

ps: i'm f2p, started with 10m, now i have 12m

sorry for any mistake, i don't speak fluently english
Nose1
Nose1
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 9/1/2014, 6:01 am

Nose1 wrote:Hey, can i ask something?

Atm i'm doing some merching and flipping, with merch is all ok, but i have a question about flipping, actually all my flips worked very well, but theres any risk of my item not get sold?

ps: i'm f2p, started with 10m, now i have 12m

sorry for any mistake, i don't speak fluently english

Nose1 Hello,

There is always a risk of items not getting sold since the price of the item can crash at any point and there is always a possibility of you being undercut. The thing with flipping and merchanting is there is a constant risk of you getting overcut/undercut. But eventually you should be able to sell the item if you are patient enough. That said it isnt always guaranteed that if say an item like big bones are at a price of 1200 which is an all time high, there is no guarantee that if they fall from that they will ever get back to those prices.

If you need any other help feel free to come into the irc channels #flipping-mentors or #investment-mentors for questions. Also we have a mentoring program going on here on smokin mils and you can always feel free to apply for the same.
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down