Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

99 Cooking - getting supplies via fishing?

5 posters

Go down

99 Cooking - getting supplies via fishing? Empty 99 Cooking - getting supplies via fishing?

Post by Jolly Lemur 12/5/2013, 8:56 pm

Hai guys
i'm tempted to get 99 Cooking, but fishing all the fishies

IDK what method, or how long it'll take.. i'm 53 fishng + 50 cooking, so if you guys could tell me which fish to fish, to cook, and all that.
Thanks!

Jolly Lemur
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

99 Cooking - getting supplies via fishing? Empty Re: 99 Cooking - getting supplies via fishing?

Post by gunmage8 12/5/2013, 9:13 pm

Since you are 53 fishing you can start fishing lobsters and cook those. Each lobster that you cook will yield 120 xp each. You can fish Lobsters at many locations. From 50 cooking till 70 cooking you should do this. It will take about 6000 lobsters and will yield 140k xp an hour. Then continue with Lobsters till 85. If you have the Cooking Gauntlets form the Family Crest quest then you will stop burning them at 68. Doing Lobsters till 85 will take 21,009 of them with the guantlets and 21,400 with the quantlets. You will still be getting 140k xp an hour. Once you hit 85 you will want to start fishing Monkfish. The downside about Monkfish is that you have to complete the quest Swan Song. Monkfish yield 150 xp for each one cooked. You will need 65,173 of them to get from 85-99 cooking. If you do not have Swan Song done you can keep doing lobsters from 85-99. This will be 81,446 of them and 9,775,837 xp you will need to get for that 99. One option that I have not included are sharks as they take extremely long to fish.
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

99 Cooking - getting supplies via fishing? Empty Re: 99 Cooking - getting supplies via fishing?

Post by Wutz 12/5/2013, 9:14 pm

Well I would personally fish trout/salmon at shilo village, as there is a bank very close to. At the later fishing levels you could also move on to monkfish, it will be slower fishing xp but faster cooking Smile
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolly Lemur 12/5/2013, 9:22 pm

gunmage8 wrote:Since you are 53 fishing you can start fishing lobsters and cook those. Each lobster that you cook will yield 120 xp each. You can fish Lobsters at many locations. From 50 cooking till 70 cooking you should do this. It will take about 6000 lobsters and will yield 140k xp an hour. Then continue with Lobsters till 85. If you have the Cooking Gauntlets form the Family Crest quest then you will stop burning them at 68. Doing Lobsters till 85 will take 21,009 of them with the guantlets and 21,400 with the quantlets. You will still be getting 140k xp an hour. Once you hit 85 you will want to start fishing Monkfish. The downside about Monkfish is that you have to complete the quest Swan Song. Monkfish yield 150 xp for each one cooked. You will need 65,173 of them to get from 85-99 cooking. If you do not have Swan Song done you can keep doing lobsters from 85-99. This will be 81,446 of them and 9,775,837 xp you will need to get for that 99. One option that I have not included are sharks as they take extremely long to fish.

thanks very helpful, +repped.
how long, iyo would it take to fish+cook X lobsters to level 70/85 and the same for monkfish till 99?
Thanks!

Wutz wrote:Well I would personally fish trout/salmon at shilo village, as there is a bank very close to. At the later fishing levels you could also move on to monkfish, it will be slower fishing xp but faster cooking Smile

ah right, I will probably move on-to lobsters, so no need for shilo vill, +repped Smile
EDIT: need to wait a few mins to rep you Smile

Jolly Lemur
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Timpoppel 8/6/2013, 12:16 pm

Trout salmon fishing is rly fast at ur lvl

Timpoppel
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Woah Rand 8/6/2013, 1:02 pm

Timpoppel wrote:Trout salmon fishing is rly fast at ur lvl
Plz dont gravedig pmmed mod
Woah Rand
Woah Rand
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down