Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New textbox

+14
Connor
[ADMIN] Billious
Gummy
Wppvater
Lucky
Julian
Zombeh
Crayons.
K ratos
AgentPerry
Broeder
Divine
Kelly
FrodoTBaginz
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you like the new textbox (white)

New textbox I_vote_lcap21%New textbox I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
New textbox I_vote_lcap75%New textbox I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 18 ]
New textbox I_vote_lcap4%New textbox I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 24

New textbox Empty New textbox

Post by FrodoTBaginz 12/6/2013, 4:30 pm

I cant stand it. When im editing my merch log I can see all the pictures on the spoiler which is really annoying and I also cant see the color of my lettering which I don't like since I use yellow sometimes. Any way we might be able to get the old style back?

Last edited by FrodoTBaginz on 12/6/2013, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

New textbox Empty Re: New textbox

Post by Kelly 12/6/2013, 4:32 pm

I dislike it, but as I understand it this new version of the forums gives us more options. Think it's something that we should try to get used to Very Happy
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 12/6/2013, 5:26 pm

I'm wondering why so many people dislike it this far, I actually like it more as there are more options and I haven't found anything that bothers me yet.

Regardless, this was an update done to forumotion, not something we chose for, so we cannot revert it either.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 12/6/2013, 5:51 pm

[ADMIN] Divine wrote:I'm wondering why so many people dislike it this far, I actually like it more as there are more options and I haven't found anything that bothers me yet.

Regardless, this was an update done to forumotion, not something we chose for, so we cannot revert it either.

Editing when you're using color, bold, etc in it is annoying. There are too many silly color choices, like a peach-like color, etc., not the normal looking colors.

No orange!! I have to manually type it </3 The box is white.. My text is in orange... = eye rape :|Personally have never been a fan of things with this type of working to it, as I find if I want to go back, edit and add more to it, it defaults back to black and gets rid of the color/effects I was using.

Just things I don't like Razz  I know I'll get used to it, but I'm just not fond of it for now. I'm happy that I can now add colors to the topic title... Couldn't awhile ago which was breaking my heart
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrodoTBaginz 12/6/2013, 6:13 pm

Kelly wrote:
[ADMIN] Divine wrote:I'm wondering why so many people dislike it this far, I actually like it more as there are more options and I haven't found anything that bothers me yet.

Editing when you're using color, bold, etc in it is annoying. There are too many silly color choices, like a peach-like color, etc., not the normal looking colors.

No orange!! I have to manually type it </3 The box is white.. My text is in orange... = eye rape :|Personally have never been a fan of things with this type of working to it, as I find if I want to go back, edit and add more to it, it defaults back to black and gets rid of the color/effects I was using.

Just things I don't like Razz  I know I'll get used to it, but I'm just not fond of it for now. I'm happy that I can now add colors to the topic title... Couldn't awhile ago which was breaking my heart

Most of my reasons were similar to Kelly's. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. The extra features will also probably come in handy at some point. Thanks for the info Divine.
FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 12/6/2013, 6:25 pm

Looks absolutely out of place with a grey/darkish theme, dunno how forumotion works but usually you can edit CSS of things like this
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by AgentPerry 12/6/2013, 6:30 pm

I dislike it but as Divine said, It has something to do with forummotion so they can't change it. 

No chance of being able to change the colors though?

Last edited by AgentPerry on 12/6/2013, 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
AgentPerry
AgentPerry
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 12/6/2013, 6:30 pm

Broeder wrote:Looks absolutely out of place with a grey/darkish theme, dunno how forumotion works but usually you can edit CSS of things like this

He's got a really good point, and honestly that's another big reason it seems so odd with our dark theme, especially considering in all honesty I rarely ever like forums with a lot of light colors or white. But this is just my personal thoughts Very Happy
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos 12/6/2013, 6:56 pm

I preferred the old one as well, but if it can't be changed i guess I'll get used to it.
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crayons. 12/6/2013, 9:01 pm

It doesn't fit in with the grey/red theme of the website as broeder said.
Also when I was editing my guide earlier, it kept double spacing everything, and it made it a huge hassle to go and fix it. 
However some features are pretty cool such as how it shows the images in the box once you hit preview.
Crayons.
Crayons.
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zombeh 12/6/2013, 9:56 pm

I love it honestly it's so useful I can change colors really easily Razz.

Also if you know you can type really well it's pretty easy to use this box as I hardly look at what I'm typing when I type Razz
Zombeh
Zombeh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 12/6/2013, 10:18 pm

Im not gonna lie, I LOVE it! It is much easier than using coders and more user friendly than the other one Smile
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 12/6/2013, 11:09 pm

Crayons. wrote:It doesn't fit in with the grey/red theme of the website as broeder said.
Also when I was editing my guide earlier, it kept double spacing everything, and it made it a huge hassle to go and fix it. 
However some features are pretty cool such as how it shows the images in the box once you hit preview.

That can easily be sorted, just use shift+enter instead of enter, like you would in Word.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 13/6/2013, 3:10 am

[ADMIN] Divine wrote:
Crayons. wrote:It doesn't fit in with the grey/red theme of the website as broeder said.

That can easily be sorted, just use shift+enter instead of enter, like you would in Word.

I don't need to do that in my version of word... 0,0 I mostly find this new one as a huge hassle and eyesore
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wppvater 13/6/2013, 11:01 am

I don't like it, it just doesn't seem to fit with the general forum design.
Wppvater
Wppvater
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crayons. 13/6/2013, 1:48 pm

[ADMIN] Divine wrote:

Didn't know that Surprised
Thanks! Razz
Crayons.
Crayons.
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 14/6/2013, 12:42 am

I don't mind this one at all. It's a change to the dull grey background (which I like having honestly), the new abilities that come with it are rather helpful once you get to using them.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrodoTBaginz 14/6/2013, 1:43 am

Gummy wrote:I don't mind this one at all. It's a change to the dull grey background (which I like having honestly), the new abilities that come with it are rather helpful once you get to using them.
I agree. I added a ton of screen shots to my merch log and once I got used to it I found a lot of little things that made me really like it. It'll take some time but in the long run I think I will like it better.
FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 14/6/2013, 4:39 am

I don't like the fact I have to wait for every image to load on each post I edit on my log. With my bad connection I have to wait a long time before I can do anything while it loads 300+ images instead of it just listing the urls.

Joining 2 lists together leaves a gap between them and you have to remake the entire list, copy and pasting won't work.

Editing text with certain formats is almost impossible even when you remove text formatting for that section. Some things are not removed. Copy and pasting justified text needs to be rejustified, old code boxes are a complete failure and so on.

Now I have to try to fix about 30 logs and 20 code boxes in the mentoring section alone. The attempt to make things more user friendly by removing the ability to simply adjust codes has made most things more difficult. But as they say "It's amazing what you can get used to."
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 14/6/2013, 9:05 am

I do hope they can fix those bugs so it is not something you 'get used to' but something that is user friendly to begin with.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 14/6/2013, 12:04 pm

I CAN'T QUOTE ANYONE BECAUSE IT ACTS STUPID! Sad((
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 14/6/2013, 12:08 pm

Connor wrote:I CAN'T QUOTE ANYONE BECAUSE IT ACTS STUPID! Sad((

Yeah I see what you mean, it just keeps adding it to the quote.
Like this..
Google
Google
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://soundcloud.com/theruse

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 14/6/2013, 1:11 pm

Google wrote:

Like this..

^ Truth I'm having the same issues.
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 14/6/2013, 1:46 pm

I loversss it. It's so much cleaner and up-to-date with other forums that I use. It was about time these forums got a solid update.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 14/6/2013, 2:04 pm

Lucky wrote:
Google wrote:

Like this..

^ Truth I'm having the same issues.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next