Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isen's Merchanting Diary

+4
j3thr0
2VN
[ADMIN] Billious
Isen
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Isen's Merchanting Diary - Page 2 Empty Re: Isen's Merchanting Diary

Post by Isen 12/11/2013, 2:55 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 175M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 185M

Weekly summary - New items brought with it new profits. I did alot of my same items this week. The profits have been steady, so I keep plugging away with them. I'm cautious about the new items, but greedy about wanting the profits.

Date: 11/11/2013

1 - Zamorakian Spear - 1,360,000 - 4.51%
I bought these 5 days ago and they abruptly crashed.  I held them knowing from past experiences, not only would they bounce, but I would profit, and I did.
Spoiler:

2 - Dragon Platebody - 600,000 - 2.27%
I bought these this morning while I was waiting for the carpet guy to come.  Bought and sold them over a course of about 3 hours.  Nice little profit.
Spoiler:

3 - Clean Torstol - 975,000 - 3.30%
Bought these after the carpet guy left and threw them back into the GE.  Sold while I was asleep.  I keep forgetting how much profit herbs can have for what little work and how fast they are.
Spoiler:

The days review - I didn't use alot of my wealth today, of course, I have gps tied up.  I keep forgetting how good herbs have been to me in the past, I need to remember to add them to my normal flips.

Date: 11/12/2013

4 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 720,000 - 2.41%
Bought these with the goal of holding them for Barrow's update, but I sold them.  Take my profits and run.
Spoiler:

5 - Clean Torstol - 399,950 - 1.61%
I forget how easy herbs are to flip, they buy and sell quickly, and for good profits.
Spoiler:

The days review - Just a couple flips today.  I'm playing with drygores again, and now have 80M tied up in something that's not rising, so ouch.  I need to quit being so greedy with my flips and trying to make sure I profit, and not huge, sometimes breaking even is good.

Date: 11/14/2013

6 - Raw Rocktail - 254,010  - 0.34%
Sooooo, I bought these before I went to work, the margins would have put my brought around 1.6%.  Unfortunately they crashed a bit overnight, and had to settle for reduced profit.
Spoiler:

The days review -  Gps still tied up in drygore crap.  I also have a bunch tied up in Barrow's items.  I thought with the new update I could make a quick profit, but it's not turning out that way. Can't do anything with them, I'm holding out to at least break even on it.  I didn't get the profit I wanted on my raw rocktails.

Date: 11/15/2013

7 - Red Dragonhide - 487,708 - 2.56%
Back to one of my old standbys, leathers and hides.  I should have increased my buy price a little.  I didn't get anywhere near the amount I tried to buy, although they sold quite easily.
Spoiler:

8 - Zamorakian Spear - 486,000 -1.44%
Bought these before I went to bed and I sold them sometime after I woke up.  Tidy little profit on these.
Spoiler:

The days review - Barrows, drygores, all my gps tied up.  Although I did try buying a new item tonight, after buying it, I'm not sure what I feel about it.  Spears and hides for profits, I hate having 2 ge slots tied up in sell offers on stuff that's not working.

Date: 11/16/2013

9 - Malovelent Helm - 3,740,006 - 6.26%
I used merchz prices for these.  I got scared, bad.  I used the buy price and they both insta-bought.  I was shaking.  I threw them back into the ge at the sell price that I had from merchz, and they sold overnight.  Time to get profits while you can on newer items.
Spoiler:

10 - Royal Dragonhide - 923,780 - 2.23%
I had some extra gps, so I threw them at this, and they stuck.  I like easy 2% profits, and I can almost always get that with hides and leathers.
Spoiler:

The days review - After getting over my mini-heart attack with the helms, I've settled down.  Went back to a standby item, that worked out for me.  I think I'm going to pull the plug on my Barrows and Drygore stuff tomorrow.  I've had my gps tied up for an entire week now, and they just aren't bouncing.

Last edited by Isen on 25/11/2013, 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 20/11/2013, 3:59 am

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 185M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 210M, although I'm going to buy some combat stuff to finish up 99 Slayer this week.

Weekly summary - Took some risks on some new items, some of them played out well, others not so well. When new items come out if you safely take chances you can make great profits. However, if you play the market, expect it to bite you back. GE Updates can make or break you. If items are falling, make sure you are near your computer in case they update and fall.

Date: 11/18/2013

1 - Karil's Pistol Crossbow - 645,000 - 6.12%
I noticed these were crashing, so I figured I'd throw an offer in.  The margins were great on 1, I put an offer in for a full limit, however only managed to get 3 for my buy price.
Spoiler:

2 - Wand of Treachery - 450,000 - 2.1%
I saw that people were buying these for above mid on w2, so I went ahead and PC'd them.  Noticed the margin was pretty good, so I put an offer in.  Buy to sell on these was about 20  minutes.
Spoiler:

The days review - Just a couple of my flips worked out today.  I've got buy offers in on a newer rs item, going to give it a shot.  I also sold my drygore mace today after a week and lost 3M on it...  Live and learn

Date: 11/19/2013

3 - Malevolent Cuirass - 13,000,000 - 19.4%
Insane overnight margins!  This is my new item to give a shot.  The buy offer completed before I went to bed and I put the sell offer in overnight at merchz prices.  I was kind of scared it would bomb overnight like the shields do, but I got luck.
Spoiler:

4 - Malevolent Helm - 7,500,999 - 16.67%
The newer items are addicting.  I got these 2 during the day today, and when I got around to selling them at 9 minute old merchz prices, the first one sold instant 2M above the merchz price.  Unfortunately the new update is hard to get used to, having to click all each time instead of it selling all noted items at first.  I put the 2nd one in at 26M and it instant sold above.
Spoiler:

The days review - I've got around 30M tied up in Barrow's stuff still, and around 50M in another one of my standard flips, both still aren't selling even after several days.  Just 2 flips today, but they were good ones.  I've been tying up my gps in the newer stuff, trying to make the profits while I can.  I just need to be careful not to be too greedy.

Date: 11/20/2013

5 - Blue Dragon Leather - 496,000 - 2.03%
This was an overnight flip.  I noticed that they were rising.  I chose them because I know they are always good for at least a 1.5% profit.  The only problem is having the GE space to get the offer in.
Spoiler:

The days review - Unfortunately, I've got 5 sell offers in, most of them are all Barrows stuff.  Today, just did the leathers, as that was what GPS I had available and only the one spot.

Date: 11/21/2013

6 - Zamorakian Spear - 2,552,992 - 4.27%
I took a chance, and saw that these were buying slightly below mid.   I put an offer in for 2 limits, after my pc 1.  When I got around to selling them, the first batch of them instantly sold.
Spoiler:

7 - Green Dragon Leather - 350,000 - 2.18%
More leathers, once again, good item for a definite profit if you have the GE space. These were rising at the time.  
Spoiler:

The days review - A couple good flips today, percentage wise, I wish I could just get these slots open in my GE still.  I might pull the plug for break even if need be.  Hard to flip if you don't have the space.

Date: 11/22/2013

8 - Dragon Hatchet - 425,061 - 1.44%
These were falling, thought I'd take a chance.  I managed to sell them before the GE updated and they fell.  Sometimes you can get great margins on falling items, but if you don't manage to sell them before update, you take a hit.
Spoiler:

The days review - Broke even on some Barrows stuff to free a GE slot.  One good flip, also put in an offer on a rare, I've never flipped before, we'll see what happens with it.

Date: 11/24/2013

9 - Barrows - Guthan's Set - 1,740,000 - 6.03%
These were rising, and kept rising.  Manged to get just over 6% on these, one of my better % flips on barrows.  The update has done weird things with the prices.  If you can time them right, they are good.  
Spoiler:

10 - Easter Egg - 150,000 - 0.20%
This bought about 10 minutes after I put offer in, then just sat and sat and sat.  Finally sold today for a little profit.  I had a batch of gps available,  margins were small on most everything, figured I'd give this one a run.   Don't think I'll try again.
Spoiler:

The days review - Finally sold my egg today, probably won't do it again.  Took too long to sell, didn't make a lot of profit.  2 Strikes against an item for me.

Spoiler:
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 2/12/2013, 3:59 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank: 210M, didn't pull anything
Ending Total Merchantable Bank: 215M

Weekly summary - Tried some new items this week. I still stick with the fc's and merchz.com prices for the majority of my higher wealth items. It's the only way to go, unless you are trying to invest in stuff and just try and sit on it for days on end. I do that with some items, but it's because I'm stubborn and won't sell my stuff.

Date:11/25/2013

1 - Black Dragon Leather - 899,910 - 1.65%
Noticed that the margin was decent on these and they were rising.  I'm sure if I held out more I could have profited a little bit more, but quick flips are nice to lock in profits.
Spoiler:

2 - Zamorakian Spear - 1,188,000 - 1.92%
Accidently did pc on 2 of them, still getting used to Ge updates.  2 Full limits on this, took about 16 hours from the time I put buy offer in until they sold.
Spoiler:

3 - Dragon Platebody - 1,791,000 - 3.75%
These were rising.  GE had just updated so I figued I wouldn't take a chance on them falling over the next couple days.
Spoiler:

The days review - Decent day of flipping.  Lots of price checks, however nothing with better margins than what I did.  Some inactives, I still have 3 slots filled with Barrow's items from before the update, of course with my luck they are falling.  I'm going to hold them until next week and see if they bounce.

Date: 11/26/2013

4 - Sirenic Chaps - 3,960,000 - 7.33%
I got my buy and sell prices from merchz.  Higher wealth margins sometimes are harder to get good percentage profits on.  These seem to be decent.
Spoiler:

The days review - Just the one flip today, wish I had more time, but we did Thanksgiving at my parent's today, and we'll be going to the in-laws tomorrow.  Stupid family functions...

Date: 11/29/2013

5 - Saradomin Godsword - 1,270,000 - 1.77%
The fc's and merchz had been awhile since they had updated prices, so I figured I'd try these.  They took a long time to sell, which had me scared.
Spoiler:

6 - Torva Platelegs - 1,960,000  - 2.28%
I got my prices from this from the fc, as the merchz prices hadn't been updated in 20 hours.  They bought for me on Monday, and I put them right back in to sell.  However, being away from a computer for 2 days I thought would hurt trying to sell, but it didn't.
Spoiler:

7 - Royal Dragonhide - 931,145 - 2.00%
I bought these last week, had a really difficult time selling them to make profit.  The GE update messed me up again trying to buy them, so I pc'd 2...
Spoiler:

The days review - Fairly busy day again today with family.  3 Flips today all with decent profits.  I still have GE slots filled with stuff that's not selling.  I'm still set to cash out next week and take my lumps with them.

Date: 11/30/2013

8 - Drygore Longsword - 900,000 - 1.08%
This bought almost instantly, it had me scared, the sell on it took around 12 hours though.  I got my buy based on what the fc was doing as merchz prices hadn't updated.  
Spoiler:

The days review -   Just the one flip, lots of gps tied up in it.  I'm slowly getting the hang of flipping with higher wealth.  It's hard to decide what to do with larger stacks of gps.

Last edited by Isen on 2/12/2013, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 2/12/2013, 4:16 pm

Starting Total Merchantable Bank:215M
Ending Total Merchantable Bank:

Weekly summary - Explain your thoughts on the weeks activities in a paragraph or 2, what you might have done wrong, what you can improve and what you think you got right etc.

Spoiler:
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2