Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking through a fast food drive thru

+12
lgot
fishingman71
Adri
Nball199
Dag
[ADMIN] Billious
nat4334
colombian
Connor
Fatal
Herblore
Daxaal
16 posters

Go down

Walking through a fast food drive thru Empty Walking through a fast food drive thru

Post by Daxaal 20/7/2013, 7:29 am

I sometimes think about going through the drive thru when I'm walking my dog as I pass McDonalds. However I'm not sure if it's allowed or if it's breaking rules or laws Razz.

Are we allowed to walk through drive thrus?
Has anyone here ever walked through a drive thru? and if so how was it Razz?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Walking through a fast food drive thru Empty Re: Walking through a fast food drive thru

Post by Herblore 20/7/2013, 8:24 am

it's allowed yes, ur not breaking any laws.
Herblore
Herblore
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Walking through a fast food drive thru Empty Re: Walking through a fast food drive thru

Post by Fatal 20/7/2013, 3:56 pm

Been there, done that. Honestly, they don't say much about it.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 20/7/2013, 4:26 pm

Some say specifically "No walkups" which means you need to be in a car or on a bike or something to order.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by colombian 20/7/2013, 7:01 pm

^ what Connor said. I know someone who has done it but never personally
colombian
colombian
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4334 21/7/2013, 6:03 am

I have tried this at my local McDonalds and was told I was not aloud.

nat4334
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 21/7/2013, 11:00 am

Connor wrote:Some say specifically "No walkups" which means you need to be in a car or on a bike or something to order.

I'll lookout for this sign then if I ever think about doing it Razz. Interesting responses, in some places it's allowed and in others it's not
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 21/7/2013, 11:24 am

I've never been told it's not allowed, but if it's not busy they tend not to care tbh.
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 21/7/2013, 1:30 pm

Billious wrote:I've never been told it's not allowed, but if it's not busy they tend not to care tbh.

Yep. I've been here and done this. They really don't care if they're not busy.

The other time i've noticed them caring is when the store itself is closed, but the drivethrough is open. If you go through the drivethrough on foot at 1am, they tend to not even care to take your order. They simply ignore you.
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nball199 21/7/2013, 1:34 pm

I was in Florida a few years back, and they wouldn't let us order through the drive-through.. We had to pay some woman in a car at 2am to buy us a bunch of food.
Nball199
Nball199
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 21/7/2013, 1:38 pm

Shouldn't be too much of a problem
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by fishingman71 22/7/2013, 2:50 am

I've never done it, but I have been tempted so many times to do it at the Arby's close to my house haha
fishingman71
fishingman71
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lgot 22/7/2013, 7:35 am

I also think It somewhat matters where you live. In a town like mine where everyone knows everyone thy never care but in bigger cities they tend to be dicks
lgot
lgot
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by zakat 22/7/2013, 7:38 am

I've tried it many times and never got served.....
zakat
zakat
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeus 22/7/2013, 9:47 am

I've never tried it, but there was once a couple of guys in front of my car trying to order on foot in a drive-thru in they simply ignored them. It was kinda annoying. I live in Florida, though, so idk.
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 22/7/2013, 12:36 pm

zakat wrote:I've tried it many times and never got served.....

Tell me more Razz, what happened they turned off the microphone to ignore you? Manager came out?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by zakat 22/7/2013, 2:09 pm

Basically my friends and I used to walk to McDonalds late at night. Half the time the lobby would be open and we would go inside but the other half of the time the lobby was closed. When the lobby was closed we would walk through the drive through and they told us we had to have a vehicle for service.
zakat
zakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lets GoPens 22/7/2013, 4:47 pm

Most fast food places will not serve you if you're not in a motor vehicle just for the sheer fact that they're afraid of getting robbed. It'd be much easier to jump through the drive thru window if you didn't have to jump out your car window first. There are no laws against it but I know all fast food franchises have a no walk up policy, whether the individual stores enforce however is a totally different story. On a side note next time you go by it walk up and squat down like you're sitting in a car then pretend to roll down the window and play with the radio in your invisible car. Usually gets a good laugh.
Lets GoPens
Lets GoPens
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 22/7/2013, 4:59 pm

Unless it is specifically posted, you can do it. However, if it is posted, and you refuse to leave, you can be charged with trespassing.

The problem however is; drive through lanes tend to have sensors under the concrete, much light stop lights. The item on the sensors locations have to be a certain weight in order to set the sensor off to alert the staff that someone is at the drive through speaker.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down