Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting an Online bussiness

+6
nat4334
ijui
Santa_Love
Leakee
Michael
xBaked
10 posters

Go down

Starting an Online bussiness Empty Starting an Online bussiness

Post by xBaked 20/7/2013, 10:08 pm

How difficult would it be to start an online bussiness? I'm only 16 years old but I've been thinking about this a lot, because anything is possible on the web. So how hard would it be to start a social network, online bussiness, etc...?
And how do forums that have many members make their money?
xBaked
xBaked
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Starting an Online bussiness Empty Re: Starting an Online bussiness

Post by Michael 20/7/2013, 10:37 pm

I'd say that starting something and being successful at it is very VERY difficult. a lot of things require one to be 18 to do. I make my money like most teenagers do. Mowing grass >.>
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 20/7/2013, 11:05 pm

MichaelNarehood wrote:I'd say that starting something and being successful at it is very VERY difficult. a lot of things require one to be 18 to do. I make my money like most teenagers do. Mowing grass >.>

Mowing grass/Delivering papers FTW ;D
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Post by Santa_Love 20/7/2013, 11:12 pm

Leakee wrote:
MichaelNarehood wrote:I'd say that starting something and being successful at it is very VERY difficult. a lot of things require one to be 18 to do. I make my money like most teenagers do. Mowing grass >.>

Mowing grass/Delivering papers FTW ;D

And working at gay places :p

(fast food chains) ect..

Santa_Love
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by ijui 21/7/2013, 5:56 am

i dont know how it works ,but if u will do , Good Luck !=)

ijui
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4334 21/7/2013, 6:15 am

Well I would suggest you try something other than that. You don't even know what you want to do and that's not a good start. Also you would need some start up cash to make anything good which I'm assuming you don't have. I'm 16 years old and I've been mowing lawns for 3 years, working at burger king for a few hours here and there for a year, and I've been buying/selling rsgp for about a year and I have accumulated 20k USD. Try doing something simpler and build your way up, like what I did with my rsgp sales. I had to save up a few thousand before I had enough to buy gp. Money is never easy to earn.

nat4334
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 22/7/2013, 6:34 pm

Even with goods ideas and an online bussiness, you'll need some starting capital. It will take lots of time and in the beginning it won't be profitable.

At your young age, working at an already existing company would definetly be a better idea.
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 22/7/2013, 9:35 pm

Opening an online business is a little more complicated than you think.
Decide upon your product and go from there.
You will have to have a domain name, a server host, a way for people to checkout, and a safe way for people to input credit card information. You have to call your local city hall to get information on licensing/permits. Please note that any money you make has to be reported to the IRS on your income taxes or you can be audited and tried for tax evasion. On top of all that you have to have a satisfactory supply of product, reliable customer service, dedication to your site, the will to take care of all problems that arise, and make sure to take precautions to protect your personal assets from damages/lawsuits.

That's not all of it, but that's a nice chunk of information to digest and research. Being 16, you may encounter trouble obtaining some of these things. If you ever have any questions feel free to contact me via PM Smile
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunny1337 24/7/2013, 9:23 pm

Dragoniod1 wrote:Opening an online business is a little more complicated than you think.
Decide upon your product and go from there.
You will have to have a domain name, a server host, a way for people to checkout, and a safe way for people to input credit card information. You have to call your local city hall to get information on licensing/permits. Please note that any money you make has to be reported to the IRS on your income taxes or you can be audited and tried for tax evasion. On top of all that you have to have a satisfactory supply of product, reliable customer service, dedication to your site, the will to take care of all problems that arise, and make sure to take precautions to protect your personal assets from damages/lawsuits.

That's not all of it, but that's a nice chunk of information to digest and research. Being 16, you may encounter trouble obtaining some of these things. If you ever have any questions feel free to contact me via PM Smile
He summered everything up. But if you really want to do it then do it. I've seen loads of guys that failed, failed, failed but then in the end they won and made loads of money. Never give up if you really want to do something.
Bunny1337
Bunny1337
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KetchupFTW 24/7/2013, 9:38 pm

Anything is possible on the web, when you have a good plan and put lots of time in it (just like IRL). Starting an (online) business requires determination, ingenuity, effort, money (!), luck and something that makes YOU stand out from the competition.

It also depends on the type of company of course. I'd say this from the start: If you're 16 you're most likely not going to make it, and this is nothing bad, since you have enough time to learn.

I am 15 myself and I've been dreaming of an own company for a long time too, but I know unless I have something really special, it wouldn't work out at my age and with my knowledge of marketing and the economy.
KetchupFTW
KetchupFTW
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down