Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ability help

4 posters

Go down

ability help Empty ability help

Post by i4sale4 13/8/2013, 2:32 pm

I haven't logged into Runescape in a few months and before i took my break, you were able to use the numbers above the keyboard and also the number pad (if you had one) to use the abilities. I decided to try out my hand at QBD after all this time only to find myself button mashing with nothing happening... Does anyone know how to make it so you can activate the abilities with the number pad again?
i4sale4
i4sale4
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

ability help Empty Re: ability help

Post by lil_me 13/8/2013, 3:00 pm

i dont think they've enabled the numpad, it'll have to be the number keys in a long row at the top of your keyboard. Also there is no real 'button mashing' as there is a cooldown.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by i4sale4 13/8/2013, 4:16 pm

Im aware that there is no real button mashing, it was more me mashing my number pad and nothing happening causing me to mash them even more
i4sale4
i4sale4
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 14/8/2013, 1:47 am

if you want the numpad kind of area, you can rebind your abilities to different letter so you can keep them within range of eachother.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu 14/8/2013, 5:49 pm

My numpad works perfect for me, and thee keybinds are the default ones.
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Dan 14/8/2013, 6:17 pm

This was taken straight from the wiki so I trust it.

Note: After the RS3 Update, the numeric keypad of most, if not all computers will not work. Jagex Jmod Benjy replied 25-Jul-2013 16:44:08 by Mod Benjy in Quick find code: 15-16-614-65086711, page 9:

"Hey,I did some searching around for you about the fix and it looks like we're going to have to make a big engine change for this, which we're not working on right at this minute. Unfortunately this means that it may take a long while to get this fixed, which we're sorry about, but hopefully you can make do with the other keys in the interim. Mod Benjy EDIT: Yep, Nines pretty much has it. We don't really have a way to get your OS-defined keyboard layout right now."

Looks like they work for some people and not others.
Sir Dan
Sir Dan
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu 14/8/2013, 7:01 pm

guess my laptop is part of the very small selection of those whose keypads will work then Smile, lucky me
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down