Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The secret about boons in Divination...

+14
[Nicholas]
Inhaps
attk master
Zeus
Kelly
Natsu
Cille
Merzz
Dag
Divine
Julij2
Isen
Broeder
Music
18 posters

Go down

The secret about boons in Divination... Empty The secret about boons in Divination...

Post by Divine 21/8/2013, 1:46 pm

What is boon conversely?

NOOB.

And you're all mortals!

And what do you all think of Divination?

Rules:
- No jokes about Max 'botting'.
- No whining about the speed of the skill Razz
(Heard more than enough of those)

Personally I think it's quite alright so far, I don't like the 30-40 spot and the 50-60 spot but 40-50 and 60-70 are awesome Smile
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

The secret about boons in Divination... Empty Re: The secret about boons in Divination...

Post by Music 21/8/2013, 1:54 pm

I like it. 50-60 isn't that bad xp wise, it's just a pain to get back to Karamja spot after turning in frags to guthix
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

The secret about boons in Divination... Empty Re: The secret about boons in Divination...

Post by Broeder 21/8/2013, 2:20 pm

I dont get why this skill took so long since its almost literally runespan and theres not a single difference in training the skill from 1 to 99.
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 21/8/2013, 2:27 pm

I'm wondering how it's going to tie into the production skill? Are we going to need 100's of thousands of each energy for it? What will the prices be when the production skill come out? The new skill just opens a new batch of questions to be answered down the line.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 21/8/2013, 2:54 pm

I don't like it. I expected a lot more from this skill. There are no alternative training methods and that means you'll be doing the same stuff from level 1 to 99 which is just ridiculous.

I also don't agree with Jagex making skills super easy over years and now they decide to throw out another skill compared to old school rcing. If they wanted to re-balance the game itself they did it the wrong way. Quite funny that Guthix is a good of balance.

That's just my opinion. But so far I haven't gotten too much into divination so this is just my first impression of it.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 21/8/2013, 3:43 pm

Isen wrote:I'm wondering how it's going to tie into the production skill?  Are we going to need 100's of thousands of each energy for it?  What will the prices be when the production skill come out?  The new skill just opens a new batch of questions to be answered down the line.
I wonder about this too, if they don't clarify, then the price of all the energy is probably going to be ridiculous.
If it truely is just using the memories...then it looks like the people who want to get it to 99 first will need a significant bank lol.

I'm also unsure why it took them so long, should be no longer in development than Runespan itself.
I guess they just REALLY wanted to release it a month after RS3, which was delayed.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 21/8/2013, 5:32 pm

Music wrote:I like it. 50-60 isn't that bad xp wise, it's just a pain to get back to Karamja spot after turning in frags to guthix
Summed up my thoughts completely. This is where I'm at right now and it's kind of annoying.

I'm really looking forward to the 60 spot though Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 22/8/2013, 5:55 am

I love it xp rates are good + i'm gaining dem overall ranks Razz
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 22/8/2013, 9:52 am

Idm it, been a bit busy to play much but I'm 42 so.. I love the 40-50 spot, compared to the 30-40 atleast XD Looking forward to try out the other spots.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

The secret about boons in Divination... Empty Another AWESOME secret about div.

Post by Natsu 22/8/2013, 1:16 pm

I'm wondering to myself, have any of you guys actually realized the true epicness of this skill's rewards yet. Check this link, http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sign_of_the_porter_III, then look at the list of items there. This item automatically banks up to 15 items from the list when collected, now multiply that 15 *28 (27 in invent while wearing one and leaving an open spot to actually be able to collect the item) also plus 28 which is your usual invent, that's 448 items collected before banking. Also the fact that this is only the lvl 48 version, i'm really happy with jagex for brining out a skill with such awesome rewards.
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 23/8/2013, 3:03 am

I'm overjoyed that I can finally get fast levels again (considering all my other stats are about 85+). Oddly enough, I don't think the experience is "that" slow, as it shouldn't be overly easy to obtain for the literal skill involved. Am a bit disappointed that the skill came out when I was on the plane home to USA. Didn't quite get the start everyone else did Razz

Lastly, I'm wondering when the actual usage of the skill will come in, and how it will play into the skill coming out next year. Really looking forward to that.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeus 23/8/2013, 3:17 pm

I'm still level 1. Guess I should start training it soon. Razz

Hilarious to see that Zezima is still around to grind away at the newest skill that comes out.
Zeus
Zeus
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master 24/8/2013, 9:17 am

Not a great skill imo. The idea is solid but it's more boring than sitting at the GE waiting for an active flip to go through. Runespan is even more entertaining. It wasn't bad at 1st but then it was just constantly collect energy and turn it into lousy exp. One good thing did come out of this skill though, and that's the divine skill things. Maybe my opinion will change once I get more into it, but I doubt it.

Kelly wrote:I'm overjoyed that I can finally get fast levels again (considering all my other stats are about 85+). Oddly enough, I don't think the experience is "that" slow, as it shouldn't be overly easy to obtain for the literal skill involved. Am a bit disappointed that the skill came out when I was on the plane home to USA. Didn't quite get the start everyone else did Razz

Lastly, I'm wondering when the actual usage of the skill will come in, and how it will play into the skill coming out next year. Really looking forward to that.

The usage of the skill is the ability to make skill things that provide very good xp and to be able to transmute lesser resources into better resources using energies which is practically useless other than for gaining xp and potential decent money making. The next new skill could have something to do with releasing the power of these memories or translating them into useful information, and could possibly be trained by doing so.
attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 24/8/2013, 9:27 am

This skill originally had more usage, but they decided to add it to the second skill instead
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 24/8/2013, 11:39 am

Broeder wrote:This skill originally had more usage, but they decided to add it to the second skill instead
Cheap buggers.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [Nicholas] 24/8/2013, 8:54 pm

Max may not be botting but I realized he is multiloggin on every world the cheater!

But no I like this skill its free easy levels now that all my skills are so high Very Happy

[Nicholas]
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Dan 25/8/2013, 5:58 pm

I like the skill but it feels like it's missing something. I feel like each tier could use some more diverse rewards (or just more rewards in general). Granted the rewards are good for each tier and they're really useful (especially in dung!) but there's nothing that feels exclusive to one tier other than Divine Locations. I'd also like to see if Jagex is going to implement the skill into other areas besides dungeoneering.

This skill has huge potential and could be really useful in the future. Hopefully the sister skill will improve Div further.
Sir Dan
Sir Dan
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 25/8/2013, 9:46 pm

Personally after obtaining level 60 in the skill i dont mind it for the rewards purpose since the herb/hunt plots i find handy, just find training a tad -falls asleep-. I to agree that it could use more diverse rewards, perhaps Jagex may consider expanding the skill to new content? This will be interesting to see and i curious to see the Second skill how it will link to Divination once it released. Smile)
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 26/8/2013, 6:25 pm

RuneSpan V2. That is all.
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 26/8/2013, 6:52 pm

Runespan has better graphics Smile

Anyway, having read some sources and thought about it im now fine with the skill. Its meant to be a simple skill, very much unlike all the last skills we've gotten. Its just a gathering skill, and its new so not a lot of content.
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by trommah 5/9/2013, 1:49 am

Sir Dan wrote:I like the skill but it feels like it's missing something. I feel like each tier could use some more diverse rewards (or just more rewards in general). Granted the rewards are good for each tier and they're really useful (especially in dung!) but there's nothing that feels exclusive to one tier other than Divine Locations. I'd also like to see if Jagex is going to implement the skill into other areas besides dungeoneering.

This skill has huge potential and could be really useful in the future. Hopefully the sister skill will improve Div further.
I agree. Looking forward to that sister skill.

I have 40 div, but I still haven't figured out what to do with all the energy and how good it is for xp training. It's a pretty bland skill at the moment, to be honest.

trommah
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down