Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My newest piece

5 posters

Go down

My newest piece Empty My newest piece

Post by Stitch 8/9/2013, 7:33 am

Howdy.
First off if I am breaking a rule for posting this in a separate topic then I apologize. Please move accordingly; although I don't think we can complain about too many topics in the graphics section!
Wink

Anyways, I've finished a new piece. The name is Slave and it took about 2-3 hours.
It contains over 6 different images all manipulated, chopped, rendered etc to bring out the concept here.

A full composition of exactly what was used can be found here:
http://stitchgfx.deviantart.com/art/Slave-Girl-Signature-398242761

The finished product:

My newest piece 2edxzl2
Stitch
Stitch
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

http://stitchgfx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

My newest piece Empty Re: My newest piece

Post by todgott 8/9/2013, 8:59 am

You can get acquainted with the rules on the second post of this topic -> http://www.smokinelite.com/t72879-graphics-design-section-info
Now, moving on to the signature. The part around the focal has certainly been manipulated decently. Actually, at first glance it seems like the manipulation is very good, but when you take a closer look you can see its a bit messy even chaotic. Concept is very interesting though.
On the more traditional aspects of the signature - not much going on in this piece. You've focused most of the editing and manipulating on the focal and have nearly completely neglected everything else. The color scheme, i'm afraid, is too boring for me. Text is decent, but as with the focal, it has been oversharpened and looking at this signature proportionally, the text seems too big. The huge white spot also seems rather displeasing to my eye. The tag itself looks a bit squished, but that might not be such a huge problem. Won't be reviewing depth or flow, since I just can't find a shred of it in the signature.
All in all I must say that the overall of the signature isn't half bad, but viewing all the aspects singularly - much more work is needed.

I hope any of this helps Smile
todgott
todgott
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 8/9/2013, 9:58 am

I like this piece Smile, the theme looks nice. As feedback I would say that the face on the left could be removed and instead move the piece over a bit more too the left to cover up the area where the face was. I really like the face hidden in the middle Smile, it gives me the creeps which is good Razz

But to describe what I mean better I'll show it in a picture Razz
My newest piece 9b897dd0382e8e22b2cd16a3ff027167
The face circled in green I think should stay as it looks effective when found and it represents the hidden maniac soul inside the person. The face circled in red I think should be removed, well that's just my opinion and how I interpreted the piece Razz I'm no graphics expert or anything like that.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stitch 8/9/2013, 7:00 pm

todgott wrote:You can get acquainted with the rules on the second post of this topic -> http://www.smokinelite.com/t72879-graphics-design-section-info
Now, moving on to the signature. The part around the focal has certainly been manipulated decently. Actually, at first glance it seems like the manipulation is very good, but when you take a closer look you can see its a bit messy even chaotic. Concept is very interesting though.
On the more traditional aspects of the signature - not much going on in this piece. You've focused most of the editing and manipulating on the focal and have nearly completely neglected everything else. The color scheme, i'm afraid, is too boring for me. Text is decent, but as with the focal, it has been oversharpened and looking at this signature proportionally, the text seems too big. The huge white spot also seems rather displeasing to my eye. The tag itself looks a bit squished, but that might not be such a huge problem. Won't be reviewing depth or flow, since I just can't find a shred of it in the signature.
All in all I must say that the overall of the signature isn't half bad, but viewing all the aspects singularly - much more work is needed.

Thanks for the feedback.

Although I agree with some of your points, I do think you may be looking too deeply in to this one.

I disagree completely with there being no depth or flow as it has been confirmed in other forums I have displayed this.

Again much appreciate you looking in to it and actually bothering to respond Smile
Stitch
Stitch
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stitch 8/9/2013, 7:03 pm

Daxaal wrote:I like this piece Smile, the theme looks nice. As feedback I would say that the face on the left could be removed and instead move the piece over a bit more too the left to cover up the area where the face was. I really like the face hidden in the middle Smile, it gives me the creeps which is good Razz

But to describe what I mean better I'll show it in a picture Razz
My newest piece 9b897dd0382e8e22b2cd16a3ff027167
The face circled in green I think should stay as it looks effective when found and it represents the hidden maniac soul inside the person. The face circled in red I think should be removed, well that's just my opinion and how I interpreted the piece :PI'm no graphics expert or anything like that.
Im not going to lie here there is only one face on the left lol!

it was used to fill the canvas and create some more color to work with in the background and I myself was weary of it being too much.

I think a lot of this is down to personal preference in a way and I can see how people that prefer big busy effect filled sigs to the more discreet editing may become bored here.

Thanks for the feedback Smile
Stitch
Stitch
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 11/9/2013, 6:38 pm

Stitch, personally I love this piece. The way the colors flow is great and the editing behind makes for an amazing signature. I do however think the white should be shortened and replaced with a bit more of the design thats on the far right.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Designs 11/9/2013, 7:46 pm

todgott wrote:You can get acquainted with the rules on the second post of this topic -> http://www.smokinelite.com/t72879-graphics-design-section-info

I agree with him. The flow really is hard to see due to it being such a small piece. Amazing typography but like he said it just argues with the focal point. Also i wish it had more than purple and white. I hate two toned sigs. Overall i like the manipulation, and the attempt. Keep it up youll get there.

Last edited by Josh Designs on 12/9/2013, 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josh Designs
Josh Designs
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stitch 12/9/2013, 5:17 am

Josh Designs wrote:

I agree with him. The flow really is hard to see due to it being such a small piece. Amazing typography but like he said he just argues with the focal point. Also i wish it had more than purple and white. I hate two toned sigs. Overall i like the manipulation, and the attempt. Keep it up youll get there.
I appreciate the feedback here I just think that the technicalities of the sig is taking away from the concept of manipulation.

I'm yet to try editing it to see if I like it any better but will post up when I have Smile
Stitch
Stitch
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down