Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RS3 DP

4 posters

Go down

RS3 DP Empty RS3 DP

Post by kealzzz 17/10/2013, 6:43 pm

So I attended this last dp hosted by mayo, the one where he/she got muted. Nobody won the adv award and I don't understand why. I was advertising from the very beginning, so much so that I got muted as well so I couldn't even say anything to Cille when she said mayo said nobody won. We switched worlds so I couldn't take a screenie of all the adv I actually did but I don't understand how I didn't win. I appreciate all you do with the drops and other events but Whats the point if Im just going to get muted by idiots who are in the parade as well?

kealzzz
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

RS3 DP Empty Re: RS3 DP

Post by Yamiteh 18/10/2013, 2:01 pm

I'm not sure if I am thinking about the same dp as you are.

Recently I've been at dp mayo hosted and the one that was supposed to be "best advertiser" has left the fc. I think Mayo didn't remember other advertisers and didn't want to give an item to someone just because they claimed they were advertising the most. Everyone says that I guess.
So Mayo hosted a trivia for that 1m.
Are we thinking about same dp?
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

RS3 DP Empty Same

Post by kealzzz 18/10/2013, 2:22 pm

yamiteh wrote:I'm not sure if I am thinking about the same dp as you are.

Recently I've been at dp mayo hosted and the one that was supposed to be "best advertiser" has left the fc. I think Mayo didn't remember other advertisers and didn't want to give an item to someone just because they claimed they were advertising the most. Everyone says that I guess.
So Mayo hosted a trivia for that 1m.
Are we thinking about same dp?
Yeah trivia won by a god, the question about the skill cape. Lol which I couldn't answer because I was muted. Im not complaining about smoking elite at all, Im just trying to say why advertise when all I do is get muted by idiots?

kealzzz
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 18/10/2013, 7:58 pm

Well I guess it's your choice if you advertise. You aren't gonna always win best spammer and it comes with some risks(mutes).
I was just answering your question. You said you didn't understand why was there no best spammer award. It was because "best spammer" had quit the fc and mayo probably didn't really track 2nd best spammer so he did a trivia question.

Also, I'm a bit confused. Did you get muted right after the parade advertising but before drop party/trivia question? If so that's unlucky... Sorry :/
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooge 19/10/2013, 9:20 pm

I think you reduce the risk of being muted significantly if you only post one line every 30 seconds or so. This sort of advertising is probably just as effective as spamming ad nauseum because people will still notice what you have to say and you can't be flagged for spam if you type much less often. Also people may be more willing to come if they think the drop party is being advertised in a thoughtful way.
Mooge
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 19/10/2013, 9:54 pm

Mooged wrote:I think you reduce the risk of being muted significantly if you only post one line every 30 seconds or so. This sort of advertising is probably just as effective as spamming ad nauseum because people will still notice what you have to say and you can't be flagged for spam if you type much less often. Also people may be more willing to come if they think the drop party is being advertised in a thoughtful way.
I'd say that definitly works to reduce your chance of getting muted.
However with only saying a line once every 30 seconds you have near to zero chance of getting the "best spammer" reward fc, since many people will be saying a line nearly every second. And I believe "best spammer" is what he wants.
I think you have to decide if you think chance of getting muted is worth the 1m.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 22/10/2013, 7:30 am

this has happened to me too. its not people in the parade reporting you its pmods. they report for disruptive behavior and you just get instant muted. its really annoying. i dont know if all mods do it i know that Jared Kelso does it all the time
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum