Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quests.

+2
MerchTilIDie
Music
6 posters

Go down

Quests. Empty Quests.

Post by KillerHart 18/10/2013, 7:47 pm

When I was younger, I used to love doing quests but now I have no motivation to do them and only do them if I have to and for the rewards. This got me thinking when I was younger I never actually used any guides for the quests and now when I do them, I try to do them as quick as possible with guides or videos. I also have a friend who loves doing quests and told me he never uses any guides even if he does get stuck so i'm just wondering if people do the same and if people actually enjoy them. Smile
KillerHart
KillerHart
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Quests. Empty Re: Quests.

Post by Music 18/10/2013, 7:53 pm

I love quests. I only use guides if doing a quest for someone else, so I can get it done as quick as possible. I don't use guides on my account for new quests, only afterwards to see if I missed any rewards during/after it.
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/10/2013, 8:01 pm

When I started playing runescape I would just skip all the dialogues.  Now I really enjoy quests. Tbh it was the only reason that made me get the skilling requirements for the quest point cape.  And I would like to have discovered how exciting are some storylines from the beginning so I hadn't lost all that content.  Imo there are some boring but there are some great quests out there and its a pity to just skip the dialogues and use a guide...

Now I will use a guide only if I'm very stuck and have tried everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 18/10/2013, 9:33 pm

I too used to absolutely love doing quests. Got the quest cape and kept it for a good 2 months or so, then my quest phase wore off and I quit and I've got no idea what I'm even doing on the game any more. Too much new shit for me to learn about and after 9 years of playing rs I cba'd to learn about all of it, so I just stick to flipping and no longer do any quests.
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KillerHart 19/10/2013, 6:29 pm

I might try doing some quests again without guides then Very Happy
KillerHart
KillerHart

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 19/10/2013, 8:59 pm

I love quests actually, probably my favorite thing to do in RuneScape.
When I started RS I didn't even know there were guides, so I was forced to do all f2p quests on my own Razz
Then about a year ago, when I've decided to go for a quest cape I just used the guides to complete most of the quests, but I still enjoyed them alot. Never skipped any dialogue.
Now I just try to do a new quest soon after release on my own.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooge 19/10/2013, 10:25 pm

I've never enjoyed doing quests that much. I always follow a guide to do them and I've hardly completed any quests since I was unable to beat pre-RS3 Nomad at the end of the quest "Nomad's Requiem." I will do the remaining quests I have left once I have gotten my max cape and am moving on to comp but I will be following those guides as assiduously as I can as normal Smile
Mooge
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by die mirin 20/10/2013, 4:08 am

Shit you just like described my feels. I do quests just to finish them as soon as possible getting the spins and the rewards and such, I dont even bother learning about the lore and such but back when I was younger I used to like doing them as they were fun. Now I'm on 98 quest points and cant be bothered :S

die mirin
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by KillerHart 20/10/2013, 5:31 pm

Ive got to 124 quest points. Might start a game log to start motivate me to burn through some quests. I always want to get round to doing them but never do. One of these days ill be able to use all of the farm patches and be able to use lunars, and ancients and be able to go anywhere in rs haha.
KillerHart
KillerHart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down