Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I transfer a name?

3 posters

Go down

How do I transfer a name? Empty How do I transfer a name?

Post by Daxaal 5/11/2013, 2:22 pm

I know we have this thread
http://www.smokinelite.com/t66057-how-to-transfer-names
But I still don't get it :/, how do I transfer a name step by step and can I do it using runescape bonds and if so how many would I need?

I plan on transferring 1 name to another account and would like a step by step guidance or help if possible since this is my first time actually transferring a name. In the past I've just kept the account Razz
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

How do I transfer a name? Empty Re: How do I transfer a name?

Post by Rrezz 5/11/2013, 4:15 pm

Change the username of the account you want to get the name from.

Wait 28-30 days.

Change it again and then log into your mains account and immediately change your mains name to the name you wanted.

Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 5/11/2013, 4:48 pm

Say you have your main "Daxaal" and another account with name "Dax"(lvl 3 no stats), and you want to get the name "Dax" on your main.

First thing you gotta do is change name on your level 3. Since that is only for members you have to make a level 3 a member than change its name.
Say you change name to "daxyyy". You won't be able to take "Dax" yet, as "Daxyyy" kinda still posseses both names.("daxyyy" as a main name and "Dax" as a "last known as..." name)
So you have to change a name on "daxyyy" again so that it's "last known as.." would change. Say you change it to "dax12345". Now the main name is "dax12345" and last known as name is "daxyyy". So "Dax" is free and you can take it with your main account("daxxal").
However since Jagex is forcing you to wait a month between changing names it takes a while. You'd need to wait a month between "daxyyy" and "dax12345"

This was kinda indepth so short version:
1. Make your nub acc with name memb
2. Change his name to something random
3. Wait a month
4. Change nubs account name to something random once again
5. Take the name with your main account by simply changing to it

NOTE:
Be fast. If a name is good, there will be people hoping to snipe it(take it before your main), however that's rare unless you take like 50 mins to go to RS homepage and change your name lol.

This would take 2 bonds. 1 to use at the start to get your account with name a member and the 2nd to use after a month to change a name once again. You will need a 3rd bond if your main account isn't member yet, else you won't be able to take a name.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 6/11/2013, 1:59 pm

yamiteh wrote:Say you have your main "Daxaal" and another account with name "Dax"(lvl 3 no stats), and you want to get the name "Dax" on your main.

First thing you gotta do is change name on your level 3. Since that is only for members you have to make a level 3 a member than change its name.
Say you change name to "daxyyy". You won't be able to take "Dax" yet, as "Daxyyy" kinda still posseses both names.("daxyyy" as a main name and "Dax" as a "last known as..." name)
So you have to change a name on "daxyyy" again so that it's "last known as.." would change. Say you change it to "dax12345". Now the main name is "dax12345" and last known as name is "daxyyy". So "Dax" is free and you can take it with your main account("daxxal").
However since Jagex is forcing you to wait a month between changing names it takes a while. You'd need to wait a month between "daxyyy" and "dax12345"

3. Wait a month

NOTE:
Be fast. If a name is good, there will be people hoping to snipe it(take it before your main), however that's rare unless you take like 50 mins to go to RS homepage and change your name lol.

This would take 2 bonds. 1 to use at the start to get your account with name a member and the 2nd to use after a month to change a name once again. You will need a 3rd bond if your main account isn't member yet, else you won't be able to take a name.
Wait so with your example say I've changed the account with the name "Dax" to "Daxyyy" and I want the name Dax. So right now I would have the name Daxyyy and the last known as name as Dax. Does this mean I can keep the name "dax" in this state ready to be transferred at any time in the future. For example 1 year from now I could change it from Daxyyy to Dax12345 and therefore I should be releasing Dax so then it can be used and transferred to another account. Or does the last known as name expire after a certain period and it gets released automatically?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 6/11/2013, 2:41 pm

Daxaal wrote:
yamiteh wrote:Say you have your main "Daxaal" and another account with name "Dax"(lvl 3 no stats), and you want to get the name "Dax" on your main.

3. Wait a month

NOTE:

Wait so with your example say I've changed the account with the name "Dax" to "Daxyyy" and I want the name Dax. So right now I would have the name Daxyyy and the last known as name as Dax. Does this mean I can keep the name "dax" in this state ready to be transferred at any time in the future. For example 1 year from now I could change it from Daxyyy to Dax12345 and therefore I should be releasing Dax so then it can be used and transferred to another account. Or does the last known as name expire after a certain period and it gets released automatically?
Yes, after a certain period your last known name disappears and gets released so anyone can take it. That period I believe depends on how long did your account have that name for(so How long did daxyyy have the name Dax for), but from what I've noticed it can stay for pretty long, I think over 6 months but not sure really.

You probably can't know when exactly it gets released so that's not a good idea to transfer a name, because chances are it gets released while you aren't online and gets taken by someone else.

Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down