Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triggy's Guide to KBD

+4
MoeZ
Yamiteh
Minato
Triggy
8 posters

Go down

Triggy's Guide to KBD Empty Triggy's Guide to KBD

Post by Triggy 21/11/2013, 9:56 pm

Table of Contents
-Levels
-Gear Setup
-Inventory Setup
-Ability Bar + Quick-Prayers/Curses
-Getting there
-Loot
-Profits

-Levels
My recommended, base minimum stats are
110+ Combat
Depending on your method of choice, at least two of these requirements are recommended
Spoiler:
The rest of these stats are recommended regardless of your method
43+ Prayer (For protect from magic spells)
55+ Summoning (For spirit Terrorbird)
85+ Herblore for super anti-fire's

Gear Setup
So depending on your method of choice your gear setup will differentiate depending on your personal preferences/wealth

My setup for Magic:

Spoiler:

The gear is Ganodermic gloves, boots,visor, poncho and leggings
The staff is a Polypore staff (2 handed) which is able to cast Polypore strike
Auora is Reverence for prayer drain which is good to have at least tier 2 of this auora
Ring is Ring Of Wealth for better drops/runs, it can be changed out if you're looking for sustainability
The Amulet of Glory can be interchanged for a Fury, but again the crit ratio is pretty decent regardless of cost
My cape is a Fishing Cape (T) Because of it's prayer bonus and it's Crit ratio's

This setup is very budget friendly and allows me to make anywhere from 6-12 (Solo) kills before having to restock, and can be interchangeable, the reason I didn't use a SOL and ancients is because the cost to make one kill on the KBD divided by the average drop wealth is not really worth it, the Polypore does indeed have a cost-per-spell because the staff is degradable but if you spam your ability bar you don't end up casting pore than 20-30 Polypore strikes (Depending on Magic level)

My setup for Melle:

Spoiler:

For my melle setup I am using the always dependable Void which consists of Void gloves, helmet, body, and legs the reason I use this is because my defense can handle some hits and I don't really need that much armor
My boots are dragon boots which can be upgraded to Steads or whatever you're comfortable with
My shield is an Anti-Dragon shield this shield costs around 400gp and is extremely useful when fighting Dragonkind as it can deflect some of their flame attacks, and is budget friendly, you can swap it out for a trustworthy off-hand weapon but that's going to cost you more Anti-fires
My gloves are Culimonancers which in my opinion are some of the best gloves in the game for the level that I am recommending you have
Abbysal whip is my main-hand weapon because it hits decent, is cheap and a good weapon overall
Auora is the same, for same reasons (Rev)
Ring is the same for same reasons (ROW)
My cape is a Fishing Cape (T) Because of it's prayer bonus and it's Crit ratio's

This setup is also very budget friendly, but if you don't want to spend the hours getting Void, Torags, Dharocks or Guthans armor could be substituted, or for higher budgets: Bandos. The setup allows me to make anywhere from 8-14 runs (Solo) on the KBD and offers great sustainability as you have the shield to allow you to deflect some of the magic damage. And best of all, none of the gear degrades, so the cost is a one-time charge for the boots Whip, and amulet which are typically a whopping 150K

My Ranged setup:

Spoiler:

My ranged armor is Royal Dragonhide, vambraces, chaps and body
Amulet is glory for crit ratio
My helmet is an Archers helm, it offers a nice armor and health bonus at a cheap cost
My cape is a Fishing Cape (T) Because of it's prayer bonus and it's Crit ratio's however:it is recommended that you wear an Ava's accumulator or attractor to conserve your precious bolts
My shield is a Dragon-fire shield, however you can swap this out for an off-hand crossbow if desired, but it provides good sustainability

Personally Ranged is not my strong skill so I don't use it that much, but I can still make around 8-12 trips (Solo) with this setup, and because you'd be using an attack from a distance you would only have to pray from mage, and on the plus side Dragonhide offers decent magic resistance, this setup is very budget friendly (As they all are) and costs a whopping 90-110k on average

Inventory Setup

For your inventory it should look something similar to this, but you can swap out the food for higher-tier food depending on your constitution level and higher level potions depending on your herblore level, if you're planning to solo with some cost-friendly gear the more sustainability the better, but if you have wealthier gear you might be able to swap out some food for a few other flasks of Prayer potions. The great thing is there's a small obliesk in the lair so no restores or summoning potions are needed, saving space in your inventory

Spoiler:

Ability Bar/Quick Prayers
For your ability bar it will differ on your gear,weapons and method, so I'll just show a few that are decent

Melle:
Spoiler:

Mage:
Spoiler:

Ranged
Spoiler:

Always pray protect from mage, if you're ranged or mage you will be attacking at a distance and it will only use it's flame breath attacks, and if you use melle your armor should be enough to handle the melle hits, the Flame breath hits the hardest even with an Anti-Dragonfire shield

Auoras- Reverance should work,but Vamparism is also a good one to have on you.

I want to apologize in advance if you struggle with ability bar setups, I personally do not believe that I need to touch on this subject that much as it's all about preference and there are so many different options for you to chose from, just pick what best suits you, and if you want, feel free to copy mine.

Getting there

You can teleport to the Edgeville loadstone and run Northwest to the Artefact and activate it to get there, the Red path I have drawn is the route from the Loadstone and the Yellow is the route from the shortcut in the North-west corner in the G.E which involves crossing the bridge, and running basically along the wilderness line to get there

Triggy's Guide to KBD X6lthv

Loot
Please feel free to check out the drop tables and drop rates located here I am also not going to talk about all of these because of their sheer number however I will talk about profits in my next segment below

Profits
Now is where I get to talk about profits yay! Children beware I have some math involved here Very Happy

So the average drop from the KBD is around 20-35K so let's figure you can get a nice clean 10 trips out of the lair before having to restock, that's 200k-350k, but wait! Let's subtract the inventory cost (I'm not subtracting gear because I feel it's redundant) an average inventory (Including a War-tortise) are 46K-60K depending on how you set it up, so if you want to make any profit you have to get at least 3 kills to make any type of profit, unless you get a rare drop, but we're using probability here so in a successful 10 kill trip you would actually make anywhere from 150K-290K in profit, Now let's factor in a rare drop (Excluding visage for the really rare drop rate) say in around 5-6 trips you get a rare drop, chances are the drop would be Dragon rider boots or gloves which can sell for 400-900k that's not including the untradables that the KBD drops so around 650K every 5-6 trips would be the mean of the rare's percentage Note: THIS IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL So then for every trip, if you got 10 kills per trip, you would add an extra 100-108K onto your profit for the probability of rares, bringing our grand total to 360-400K profit per trip, but if you can play the drop tables you will obviously make more as if you would if you where able to get 20 kills in a trip, just double my number.

You guys probably hate listening to my hypothetical scenarios so let's cut to the chase, a kill on the KBD takes 2-3 minutes, and if you go there for an hour that would be the equivalent to 20-30 kills/hour, but let's subtract the time it takes to re-gear which is anywhere from 2-4 minutes and you would have to re-gear (If you get 10 kills per trip) 3 times so that's a mean of 9 minutes lost for re-gearing which means that you would subtract around 3 kills from the KBD, so speaking on the higher-part of the terms I've stated you would essentially make around 960-1.3M/hour Duo'ing on the other hand would allow for almost double the kills, but half of the loot, so it would be equal, but more kills= less restock trips and a higher probability of rares, so I guess if you Duo'ed with a fair partner you could add an extra 100-200k to your total profit/hour earned

Please feel free to drop me any suggestions in the comments and remember...

+REP if you think I deserve it!

Last edited by Triggy on 22/11/2013, 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Triggy
Triggy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Triggy's Guide to KBD Empty Re: Triggy's Guide to KBD

Post by Triggy 21/11/2013, 10:01 pm

-Reserved-

(Total time to make this guide was 2.5-3 hours and it was my first one ever so please offer me any type of criticism and a Rep would be nice Very Happy)

Copyright Triggy Epic 
Triggy
Triggy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 26/11/2013, 8:33 pm

Check your spelling, but otherwise keep those guides coming.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Triggy 26/11/2013, 9:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!
Triggy
Triggy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 26/11/2013, 9:56 pm

Yeah as Minato said there are few spelling mistakes(it's melee not melle).
Also some parts of the guide are bit weirdly worded, like in requirements it says you reccomend having at least 2 of these requirements. Does this mean if I have 70 str and 70 atk, I can do it with 1 def and 10 constitution?

On the good note though, I like how you used spoilers and pictures, might want to add a little more colored text though, to make it look beautiful.

Having written some guides myself, I know something like this took you more than just "few minutes" to make so you got a +rep from me Smile
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoeZ 26/11/2013, 10:19 pm

Awesome Guide, got some spelling and grammar mistakes. Otherwise it's perfect!
MoeZ
MoeZ
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Triggy 27/11/2013, 3:59 pm

Fixed Grammar

Added Color
Triggy
Triggy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomStar 28/11/2013, 7:24 pm

Try adding colours. Also you should do seperate requirements (melee, mage and range). Hopefully this helps you!
Also I would suggest to use quickhop method for faster killing Smile!
WisdomStar
WisdomStar
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 28/11/2013, 7:36 pm

I would suggest you add the method where you enter the cave from level 42 wildy in order to get a 10% advantage, otherwise this is awesome!

+rep
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 30/11/2013, 3:13 am

The only issue I have noticed is that under the 'Ability Bar Section', there is no ability bar in the mage spoiler!

Other than that, such a good guide that I might try it! + Rep from me Smile
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatnave 13/1/2014, 11:13 am

I've never solo'd kbd before. Does KBD have a resistance to magic, being a dragon and all?
chocolatnave
chocolatnave
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Triggy 13/1/2014, 1:27 pm

Sadly it has no weakness. However mage is good
Triggy
Triggy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)