Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Dev Blog

+6
SmokeScape
Yamiteh
-Kenny-
Trev_Slayz
Merzz
Moshie
10 posters

Go down

New Dev Blog Empty New Dev Blog

Post by Moshie 13/12/2013, 5:14 pm

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?317,318,945,65234898

Sooo... This is probably the biggest blog to date, maybe God Wars was bigger, but still, wow. This has so much big content in it. Matchmaking systems, upgraded whips, convenience updates, orbs, free runes in castle wars, spade supplies near barrows, and more. I was wondering how everyone felt with the updates. I for one think a lot are cool, but I also think just as many are not needed, and just make the game easier for no reason. Post how you feel, you dont have to agree with me, I want this to be a discussion! Smile

This is a list someone else posted on a reddit thread and i stole  http://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/1sspoz/dev_blog_minigames/

Condensed Post:
Should we introduce a minigame reward shop where you can use points and tokens from multiple minigames to purchase new items?
If you vote for the minigame reward shop to be included, do you want it to sell the bonecrusher which works in the same way as the dungeoneering reward in RS3?
If you vote for the minigame reward shop to be included, do you want it to sell a rune pouch which will store multiple runes in but only take up one inventory space?
If you vote for the minigame reward shop to be included, do you want it to sell books that teach you the Augory and Rigour prayers?
If you vote for the minigame reward shop to be included, do you want it to sell all three levels of clue scrolls?
Should we introduce the Zamorak and Saradomin flags as rewards from the Castle Wars reward shop?
Should we add skirts as options to the Castle Wars armour rewards?
Should we add a ranged and mage armour set to the Castle Wars reward shop?
Should we allow players to buy bandages which work outside of Castle Wars in the same way as they do in Castle Wars?
If you kill five or more players without dying, would you like to be buffed which will increase the damage you deal and make you more difficult to kill?
Should we add some siege weapons to help break down the doors of the keep?
Should we allow players to obtain free runes within Castle Wars to cast magic at a reduced XP rate?
Should 10% of your kills be translated into tickets at the end of each game?
Should you receive one ticket for each enemy flag that you deliver to your castle's standard stand?
Should we add a bank to the Blast Furnace room?
Should we reduce the smithing requirement to access the Blast Furnace to 30?
Should we allow players to use the egg launcher in Barbarian Assault while in combat?
When the call changes in Barbarian Assault, should we change the colour of the word to white?
Should we add fighter legs to the Barbarian Assault reward shop?
Should we remove splitbark armour defensive requirements?
Should we allow players to get to Trouble Brewing without completing Cabin Fever and drop them into a lobby area so they can't access the rest of the island?
Should we remove the cooking requirement for Trouble Brewing?
Should the alchemy value of Armadyl armour be increased so that it is protected on death over crystal equipment and Barrows equipment?
Should the Dark Mage in the Abyss be contactable via the Contact NPC spell on the Lunar spellbook?
Should Nieve, the new Slayer Master, be contactable via the Contact NPC spell on the Lunar spellbook?
Should Fishing shops and Herblore shops sell packs of 100 vials, feathers or fishing bait to make it easier to buy these items in large quantities?
Should the game applet show your current health, prayer points and run energy on icons near the minimap? A toggle option would allow players to hide these icons if they did not wish to see them.
Should the Smithing menu offer a Make-X option?
Should the Digsite expert be able to identify all your Unidentified Liquid vials at once?
Should the Zamorakian spear become a single-handed weapon?
Should a fruit tree patch be added in Lletya along with a gardener and tool leprechaun?
Should a supply of spades be added near the Barrows?
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

New Dev Blog Empty Re: New Dev Blog

Post by Merzz 13/12/2013, 6:19 pm

All i can say is:
New Dev Blog 5LtSf
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trev_Slayz 13/12/2013, 6:26 pm

this is going to fail completely...
Trev_Slayz
Trev_Slayz
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by -Kenny- 13/12/2013, 6:30 pm

True that, hopefully this is not going to happen.
-Kenny-
-Kenny-
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 14/12/2013, 1:30 am

Wow this is a big list of nice changes.
I like all of them.

Actually hope they also release some of this stuff in eoc too. :p
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeScape 14/12/2013, 1:52 am

Sometimes I just really really hate jagex, and this is one of them T_T
SmokeScape
SmokeScape
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 14/12/2013, 2:40 am

I would really like the matchmaking system, if it wouldnt destroy iemz lol.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Californias 14/12/2013, 5:05 am

wow thats crazy....... I need to catch up on the new updates!
Californias
Californias
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 14/12/2013, 2:48 pm

This ones a biggin'
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 16/12/2013, 2:16 am

SmokeScape wrote:Sometimes I just really really hate jagex, and this is one of them T_T

Agreed with you 100%, some sounded ok but i felt werent needed -facepalms- inb4EoC
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 16/12/2013, 2:59 am

I hate how they wanted to "freeze" 2007 as 2007, now it's just about adding new content for stuff they didn't get enough votes to add the new content too. Just like Jagex to not care about what people want and do what they want.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 16/12/2013, 3:10 am

They realized a game with no content updates dies fast.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 16/12/2013, 3:00 pm

Moshie wrote:They realized a game with no content updates dies fast.

It's just that some people wanted this.
Some people wanted to have old version of RS or pre EoC version and didn't care if it would get updated or not. They thought it wouldn't matter.

Not sure how many of you remember but not too long ago someone was making rs2006 and that RS would be exact same as real 2006scape and would never get updated(I think). Lots and lots of people wanted it.

It's just the Runescape community who can't decide what they want or doesn't think a little bit more in the future. -.-
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 18/12/2013, 2:16 pm

I played 06scape in the alpha, it was fun! The thing is you can only ply a game with no updates for so long before you get bored of all the existing content. If that game had been out as long as 07scape with no updates it would probably be losing players interest. I personally will play 07 without content updates and with no player base because I love the game, but I don't mind updates, if they are good updates and well thought out and balanced.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by EliteOpz 20/12/2013, 7:50 pm

jagex needs to start listening to all 07 players instead of 10% of them agreeing to bs like this.

EliteOpz
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 21/12/2013, 3:00 am

People that don't know how to play the game cry to make updates to make the game easier and people agree to it. sad.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum