Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orion Client

+6
BamZam
Heartstop123
Tuff Tiga
Isen
Yamiteh
Moshie
10 posters

Go down

Orion Client Empty Orion Client

Post by Moshie 15/12/2013, 3:41 am

I made this post to Reddit today, but wanted to post it here too, to see what you guys think. Thoughts?

I am against many of the Orion plugins, and have been voicing my opinion lately. I myself used Orion for the orbs and the xp per hour, but it doesn't make sense to be against something that I use. I think many of the plugins do things for players that you couldn't do without it. You should not need to download a third party Client to not be at a disadvantage to other players. I know that Jagex has voiced that they allow the program, but they didn't even know about the Herb issue (where using the item id it would show the grimy ___ without it being id'd) until Zelden made a post about it. I know this was a "bug" and will be removed, but if they cant keep up with new features I don't know how they can maintain the fairness of it.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Orion Client Empty Re: Orion Client

Post by Yamiteh 15/12/2013, 1:44 pm

I actually haven't heard about Orion until now(maybe because I am more of an EOC player).
I've looked it up and it seems to be VERY useful to alot of Pkers/PvMers and gives them a pretty nice advantage over people using normal old school RS "webclient".(Talking about the hp/prayer/spec attack orbs here).
I definitely agree here that Jagex should either make it against the rules or possibly introduce those orbs to 07scape(This would make it less "old school" though :/).

Other Orions' features kinda remind me of some kind of 07 SwiftKit.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 15/12/2013, 3:04 pm

Orion started out like Swiftkit, but it has evolved into something more. It can show you what your herbs are while they're unids, it tells you if your Herb patches are disesed from half way across the map, and more. The list goes on and Jagex allows it to go on even though it breaks many of their own rules.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 15/12/2013, 7:43 pm

Moshie wrote:Orion started out like Swiftkit, but it has evolved into something more. It can show you what your herbs are while they're unids, it tells you if your Herb patches are disesed from half way across the map, and more. The list goes on and Jagex allows it to go on even though it breaks many of their own rules.

Wow... that's some serious advantage then.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 15/12/2013, 8:40 pm

Everyone should be on an even playing field, and making people download a 3rd party client, that was created by an ex-client hacker, and gives people an advantage doesn't seem like it should be promoted by Jagex.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 15/12/2013, 9:50 pm

Once someone brings this up on RS Forums(if they didn't already) I am sure it will get alot of support and Jagex will have to look into it.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 16/12/2013, 2:57 am

Jagex keep insisting that it doesn't break the rules and everything is fine.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 16/12/2013, 3:16 am

Orion seems like a super cheat plugin from what you've described. It does seem to give several unfair advantages.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 16/12/2013, 4:13 am

Isen wrote:Orion seems like a super cheat plugin from what you've described.  It does seem to give several unfair advantages.
Exactly what it is.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 16/12/2013, 5:11 am

Pretty much Mod Jacmob or whatever his name is, is convincing the staff that it's alright. I mean personally I don't have an issue with it, helps me out a lot.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 16/12/2013, 11:30 am

I haven't used Orion, but I hae heard there is a free and paid version does anyone know the difference?
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 16/12/2013, 12:43 pm

Wasn't aware of this at all, I just use Orion for about 3 times because it has the health orbs etc. Jagex must be blind to be considering Orion to be severely advantageous to some.
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 16/12/2013, 1:49 pm

Heartstop123 wrote:I haven't used Orion, but I hae heard there is a free and paid version does anyone know the difference?
The paid version has extra features, basically all the op plugins.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeScape 16/12/2013, 2:27 pm

Yeah moshie I know what you mean. I used to use orion for just the orbs and adding all these features are making it unfair to everyone else pvp wise.
SmokeScape
SmokeScape
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 16/12/2013, 5:19 pm

SmokeScape wrote:Yeah moshie I know what you mean. I used to use orion for just the orbs and adding all these features are making it unfair to everyone else pvp wise.
When I downloaded it basically the only thing it offered was the orbs, and it wasn't that big a deal. I don't hate people that use it, I used it for months. I just think recently the updates are too far. Jagex doesn't have to ban people for using it, or shut it down, they just have to maintain the updates and make sure they aren't over the line, and that my friend is what they aren't doing.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 17/12/2013, 3:26 am

Moshie wrote:Everyone should be on an even playing field, and making people download a 3rd party client, that was created by an ex-client hacker, and gives people an advantage doesn't seem like it should be promoted by Jagex.

personally i do not use it for this reason..add to swiftkit being hacked in the past. I do not hate on those who use it however even though it is legal on Runescaep i do not advertise it around like how Jagex wants 07 mods to..ehh jagex all about the money tho imo lol. i wasnt aware of the extra plugins personally either until now, it crazy.  Shocked 
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by -Kenny- 17/12/2013, 1:47 pm

I myself got the orion pro, but i only use the free features.
because i have no use for the other ones
-Kenny-
-Kenny-
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 18/12/2013, 1:39 am

-Kenny- wrote:I myself got the orion pro, but i only use the free features.
because i have no use for the other ones
This is exactly what I did before I stopped using it.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 18/12/2013, 2:16 am

How much is the paid version?
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 18/12/2013, 2:13 pm

Tuff Tiga wrote:How much is the paid version?
$3 a month
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by EliteOpz 29/12/2013, 11:19 pm

orion should remove some of their plugins e.g tells you what kind of herb the unid is.
it's basiclly ruining the whole point of unids.

EliteOpz
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 29/12/2013, 11:25 pm

EliteOpz wrote:orion should remove some of their plugins e.g tells you what kind of herb the unid is.
it's basiclly ruining the whole point of unids.

Isn't that just pro though?
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down