Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to stop losing streaks?

+7
Zombeh
ilovetodice
Crypsi
himynamesbob
DoYouPlay_RS
Huluplus
Smugleaf
11 posters

Go down

Any way to stop losing streaks? Empty Any way to stop losing streaks?

Post by Smugleaf 20/12/2013, 2:08 am

I recently had a 9 loss streak (which I recovered from probobly but it got me demoted from III to IV and now i'm sad.) Is there any way to recover from one before it really gets out of hand?
Smugleaf
Smugleaf
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Any way to stop losing streaks? Empty Re: Any way to stop losing streaks?

Post by Huluplus 20/12/2013, 4:46 am

Well, if you use lol replay, or another recording software. You can look at you're previous games and see where you went wrong. You can take a break from Ranked games and practice in normals for a while. Try Sky's "DST" out, seems to work for him.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 20/12/2013, 10:34 am

Win? That should be able to break it.

But seriously, just focus on fixing your mistakes and not let the losing streak affect your confidence/gameplay.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by himynamesbob 21/12/2013, 6:59 am

He might be getting retarded teammates. What I figured is not to play when kids get out of school until they go to sleep, I get a lot of trolls and afks while they're on league. Also if you get a good duo partner you can carry yourselves without needing your other 3 teammates.
himynamesbob
himynamesbob
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 21/12/2013, 7:35 am

himynamesbob wrote:He might be getting retarded teammates. What I figured is not to play when kids get out of school until they go to sleep, I get a lot of trolls and afks while they're on league. Also if you get a good duo partner you can carry yourselves without needing your other 3 teammates.

If you have this kind of attitude, you'll never raise high in the ranks. Blaming others isn't the way to go, and there are plenty of good kids who are good at the game, such as Rekkless and TheOddOrange. Blaming your team is an excuse. If you lost, not only your team but you yourself messed up at least once.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crypsi 21/12/2013, 8:32 pm

No one likes to lose games and when you lose multiple games in a row you will most likely go on tilt and, as DoYouPlay_RS mentioned above, you'll end up performing poorly. If you lose 9 games in a row, embrace it. Understand that you probably don't deserve the elo yet but that's not to say you cannot achieve it ever again. Play to your strengths and focus on your own gameplay not your teammates. As HuluPlus says, use LoLrecorder and watch both spectrum of games you have, amazing and terrible. This is extreme perhaps, but at one time I kept a journal and wrote down my analysis of these replays. The biggest trap you can fall into is suffering from The Dunning-Kruger effect which essentially can be translated to reflect Doublelift's mentally, "I'm the best, everyone else is trash." Unless you are Doublelift, you probably have some game flaws. Self- Introspection is your best tool to get better at this game. If you are interested, Connor, Julian, and I are starting a SM LoL Coaching service for free and PM me for the details. Good luck on the ladders:)
Crypsi
Crypsi
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovetodice 22/12/2013, 4:01 am

damn.. 9 nice streak mate.
ilovetodice
ilovetodice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 22/12/2013, 4:42 am

ilovetodice wrote:damn.. 9 nice streak mate.

Thanks for that completely useless and irrelevent post. Do people even read the topic? I can't even.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zombeh 22/12/2013, 6:34 am

Your best bet is to just take a break, play another game for awhile and also watching professional streamers always helps as well Razz
Zombeh
Zombeh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovetodice 22/12/2013, 10:25 am

true true ^^, take a break and come back to it, thats what i do with call of duth on ps3.
ilovetodice
ilovetodice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Turm 25/12/2013, 11:42 am

You can do what i been doing which is take a break from ranked for a day so those games aren't in your mind anymore and just play 1 v 1's and out play people to gain confidence. After beating a diamond 3 in a 1 v 1 (i am silver 1) i went on to carry my next 3 games as support and was able to play much better just knowing that if i could out play someone in diamond, using the same methodology i should be able to play confidently against silver - gold people regardless of lane matchups and counters. one of the things i find best is to show lane dominance because if people think you're better than them it puts them in a bad state of mind and intimidation in my opinion wins lanes more than kills / items
Turm
Turm
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 25/12/2013, 5:49 pm

Smugleaf wrote:I recently had a 9 loss streak (which I recovered from probobly but it got me demoted from III to IV and now i'm sad.) Is there any way to recover from one before it really gets out of hand?

The best way is to access what YOU did in each of those games. If you can't find what you do wrong it won't get better. When I 1st started ranked I was a jungle main to took examples of how to play from Theoddone however, being the tank that does no damage in bronze did me no good and i went on a 10 game losing streak and my Hecarim record was 4/13 4 wins 13 losses and fell from bronze 1 to bronze 4. I corrected that started building some damage over straight tank and my terrible hecarim has come up quite a bit and I had to disown nautilus because he doesn't do damage. Every jungle I play I don't play the tank if someone really cares about not having a tank they can do it.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Smugleaf 26/12/2013, 9:04 pm

I think I finally found my dream champ, Jarvan IV Who so far has brought me nothing but wins. I'm going to hope to main this guy so I can turn loss/loss/loss into win/win/win

Edit: Well I went and jinxed it, two after with jarv after this got a bot lane that did nothing but bicker with eachother and a leaver e_e
Smugleaf
Smugleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 27/12/2013, 4:14 am

Smugleaf wrote:I think I finally found my dream champ, Jarvan IV Who so far has brought me nothing but wins. I'm going to hope to main this guy so I can turn loss/loss/loss into win/win/win

Edit: Well I went and jinxed it, two after with jarv after this got a bot lane that did nothing but bicker with eachother and a leaver e_e

Well you can't win every game of course.

Good to know you found a champ you like! J4 is one of the 4 champions I actually have yet to own, so I can't give much advice sadly.

Recently made a guide for Mid-lane Kha'Zix that might help. Posted it in the guide section. I'm finding it pretty easy to carry with him atm.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Smugleaf 27/12/2013, 4:29 am

DoYouPlay_RS wrote:
Smugleaf wrote:I think I finally found my dream champ, Jarvan IV Who so far has brought me nothing but wins. I'm going to hope to main this guy so I can turn loss/loss/loss into win/win/win

Well you can't win every game of course.

Good to know you found a champ you like! J4 is one of the 4 champions I actually have yet to own, so I can't give much advice sadly.

Recently made a guide for Mid-lane Kha'Zix that might help. Posted it in the guide section. I'm finding it pretty easy to carry with him atm.
Ehh Kha'Zix snowballs like crazy. I can carry with him easily in normals so maybe i'll find some success in ranked? But honestly I don't find much fun playing as him (a bit too op as one kills and he's insta gibbing everyone.)
Smugleaf
Smugleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezure 27/12/2013, 11:56 pm

Zombeh wrote:Your best bet is to just take a break, play another game for awhile and also watching professional streamers always helps as well Razz

This. After losing 2/3 consecutive games in a row stop playing the game for the day, or go play normals. Losing streaks mess with your head so you don't perform well, taking the rest of the day "resets" this.
Aezure
Aezure

http://5jungle.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradin_cc 28/12/2013, 10:08 am

i agree with zombeh and Aezure
On a losing streak best thing you can do is take a break. Also if you are on a losing streak play some normals, or a diff game type like aram or dominion. or play a confidence booster and go play a custom bot game. Also just something for you, if you have lolreplay (like hulu mentioned) look at your build. maybe you kept building same thing and not what the game required! Good luck friend!
Tradin_cc
Tradin_cc
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Smugleaf 29/12/2013, 4:10 am

Tips on how to snowball efficently (how to utilize the gold I get from being a few kills ahead from my lane opponent.) oh and uhh how to abuse nasus power (I can get the stacks fine I just don't know what to do with them really.) Would be highly appreciated (I want to try and make use of these "Freelo" champs".)
Smugleaf
Smugleaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down