Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!!

+4
-Kenny-
SmokeScape
number1tonk
Moshie
8 posters

Go down

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! Empty Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!!

Post by Moshie 23/12/2013, 3:20 am

Hello and welcome to my herb running guide! Herb running is one of the best money for time spent in the game. An herb run takes about 5 minutes, and you can make over 100k at higher levels! This guide will cover the 4 main herb patches, I would do all 5 but I have not completed the quests to access the Trollheim patch. Lets get started!

Lets begin with the inventory. There are a couple different options, depending on your quests done, and magic level.

HIGHER LEVEL SETUP

This is the inventory and equipped gear that I personally use. For this you will need 83+ Magic (if not 87+ replace laws with Cammy Tele)

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! 5VyZG

To start off with the inventory from left to right: Spade, Seed Dibber, Seeds of choice, Noted herb (same as the seed) Astral Runes, Law Runes, Nature Runes, Ardy tab, Super energy potion, Magical Secateurs, and an Ectophial.

A spade and seed dibber can be purchased from any of the farming shops next to one of the farming patches. The seeds are all up to you what to grow. For lower levels Ranarrs are a good idea, unlockable at level 32. I would recommend getting 40+ farming before you grow these, as at lower levels your herbs are more likely to die, and seeds are expensive!!! The noted herb is to keep your inventory organized. When you have a full inventory of herbs, instead of banking, you can use the clean herb on any Tool Leprechaun, and he will note them for you. The noted herbs will just go into that inventory slot! The runes are for teleporting and Fertile Soil. this set-up is for those who have done Lunar Diplomacy, and have 83+ magic. Also if you are not 87 magic, instead of law runes bring a Camelot Teleport to get to the Catherby patch.  The Ardy Tab is to get to the Ardy patch. If you have not done Plague City quest, you will have to run from Camelot to the Ardy patch. The super energy is so you can run the whole way, this is optional, but I think it's worth it. The magical Secateurs are unlocked from the Fairytale Part I quest, and increase the number of herbs you get. Doing this quest is HIGHLY recommended, as you will get more money for doing the same thing. The Ectophial is for a teleport near the Canifis patch. The ectophial is unlocked after Ghosts Ahoy quest. To access the Canifis patch at all, you have to have done Priest in Peril quest to get to Canifis. The Ectophial will save you lots of walking, and is also HIGHLY recommended.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! 5Vz3J

The important parts of this setup are the Staff, and the glory. These are important as the staff saves you runes for Fertile Soil spell, and for Catherby Teleport. The glory lets you teleport to Draynor for the Fally patch.

LOWER LEVEL SETUP

This inventory and gear is for lower level players. Most of it is the same, there are only a couple differences.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! 5VA2g

The first row of his inventory is the same as the other setup. For the second row, if you do not have the quest or magic requirements for fertile soil, Supercompost is an acceptable alternative. I have 1 for each patch. Then there are the ardy teleports, which get you to the Ardy and Catherby patches. Again, if you do not have Priest in Peril quest done, you will have to walk from Camelot. Then again there is the Super energy potion, which is optional, but recommended. The last item is an Ectophial, which teleports you to Canifis near the Canifis patch. For this item you must have completed the Ghosts Ahoy quest, and to get to the Canifis patch at all you must have done Priest in Peril quest.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! 5VA8h

For this setup, the only important things are the Glory, which lets you teleport to Draynor for the Fally patch, and the Magical Secateurs, which are unlocked from the Fairytale Part I quest. These increase the yield from patches. These are not mandatory, but are HIGHLY recommended, as you earn more money for doing the same thing.

FIRST PATCH

The first patch is the Canifis patch. For this patch you must have completed Priest in Peril, or you will not be able to get to this patch. If you have done Ghosts Ahoy, click on your Ectophial to teleport to the Ectofungus. This is the route you will take to get to the patch with the Ectophial.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! IFCme2u

If you have not completed the Ghosts Ahoy quest, this is the route you will take.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! TFq6Zup

If you have never used a patch before, you will need a rake to clear the patch of weeds before you can use your Fertile Soil/Supercompost on the patch. If you have used thr patch before, pick the herbs, use the Fertile Soil/Supercompost on the patch, then use the seed on the patch. Then use your herbs on the tool Leprechaun to have them noted, then you are ready to teleport to the next patch!!

SECOND PATCH

The second patch is the Falador patch. To get here teleport to Draynor Village with your Glory, then run like so.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! WSQZ266

Once here do the same thing as the last patch. Pick, fertilize, plant, note herbs.

THIRD PATCH

The third patch is the Ardy patch. Use your Ardy tab if you have done Plague City quest. This is the Route you will take.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! QR0i23G

If you haven't done the quest, you will have to run from Cammy.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! UWnX7eV

Once here, do the same thing as the other two patches.

FOURTH PATCH

The last patch is the Catherby Patch. If you have done Lunar Diplomacy, and have 87 Magic, use the Catherby Teleport spell, and you will be right at the patch. If you have not done the quest, or don't have the magic level, teleport to Cammy and run like so.

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! Isd4uQW

Then do the same thing as the other 3 patches.

And there you have it! The 4 basic herb patches! Herbs take 75 minutes, without logging in and out to grow. they grow in cycles that are interrupted by logging in and out, so if you set a 75 minute timer, you better not log out the whole time for it to be accurate!! I hope this guide helps you become a master farmer and moneymaker!!

Last edited by Moshie on 23/12/2013, 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! Empty Re: Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!!

Post by number1tonk 23/12/2013, 3:29 am

Wow great guide! This actually makes me want to start farming...
number1tonk
number1tonk
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!! Empty Re: Moshie's Old School Herb Running Guide!!!

Post by SmokeScape 23/12/2013, 3:42 am

I think you should expand this into a full blown farming guide Moshie Razz
SmokeScape
SmokeScape
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 23/12/2013, 3:48 am

SmokeScape wrote:I think you should expand this into a full blown farming guide Moshie Razz

Might in the future!!! I might just make a separate guide for trees!
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by -Kenny- 23/12/2013, 4:13 pm

You could alsow add the trollheim farm patch.
other from that nice detailed guide moshie.
-Kenny-
-Kenny-
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 23/12/2013, 5:42 pm

-Kenny- wrote:You could alsow add the trollheim farm patch.
other from that nice detailed guide moshie.
Yea, I haven't done the quest on 07 yet, but I know how to get there from Pre-Eoc, will add soon, and ty [Kenny] Smile
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 23/12/2013, 10:42 pm

Very well written and detailed guild, despite it being incomplete regarding the trollheim farming patch. Keep it up with the guide making. Very Happy
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie 23/12/2013, 11:28 pm

RedRaven wrote:Very well written and detailed guild, despite it being incomplete regarding the trollheim farming patch. Keep it up with the guide making. Very Happy

Ty Smile I try to explain it so that way people who don't know much about the game at all can learn to farm like a baws.
Moshie
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by EliteOpz 2/1/2014, 11:09 am

Great guide, +rep!

EliteOpz
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Better Money 2/1/2014, 10:51 pm

Good guide, makes me kind of want to farm, but tbh im too lazy.
Better Money
Better Money
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by fishingman71 30/6/2014, 9:55 pm

This was very helpful, as on oldschool this is my first time ever farming. Never did it on eoc in te 7 years I played it Razz +rep!
fishingman71
fishingman71
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down