Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for Events

+4
BamZam
Gummy
Cyborg360
Iamtaba
8 posters

Go down

Suggestion for Events Empty Suggestion for Events

Post by Iamtaba 30/12/2013, 1:30 pm

Whenever I see an event posted in Calendar, I get excited and want to join in the event. I check out the time and realize "aww, that's 3 AM My time" or something like that. I feel that there are not enough events for the Australian timezone, as majority of the events are American Timezone Based. I suggest that some hosts should do events for those who go on the IRC during the australian timezone. I don't want to complain a lot because i know it's free money, but I'm sure it's not too much to ask Surprised

Iamtaba
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for Events Empty Re: Suggestion for Events

Post by Cyborg360 30/12/2013, 4:04 pm

If you join the IRC you should be seen more events.
Cyborg360
Cyborg360
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 30/12/2013, 10:35 pm

To be completely honest with you, you are not the first to bring this up and I doubt you will be the last, but I will repeat to you what I have told the others: Ranks host events at times that are convenient for them, it is really that simple. I am not sure of the current Australian presence within the Ranks, but only one or two come to mind one of which has almost zero chance of hosting an event due to his SM workload taking up most of his time. Ranks also create events at times that will lead to better attendance for their events and Australian timezone events haven't really faired all that well in the past from what I can remember.

If you are roughly 12 hours ahead of EST (currently -5 GMT), we have events being hosted all the way until 10pm or even midnight some nights which would be 10am to 12pm for you, but keep in mind that your statement would also work in reverse in that if we host at 3pm it may be your 3am, but you attending at your 3pm would mean our hosting at our 3am. It's a vicioius cycle in an unfortunate circumstance, but unless we have incoming Australian Rank applications I do not foresee many events based on early or mid morning eastern timezones.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 31/12/2013, 3:37 am

You should always been in the IRC. Throughout the day, some Ranks may host an On-The-Spot (OTS) event, so keep an eye on the lookout for those . Wink

EDIT : I also host events around Saturday & Sunday at around 8-10pm GMT+8, so yeah.

Last edited by BamZam on 31/12/2013, 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 31/12/2013, 6:13 am

You are not the first one that has posted about this however as stated above being on IRC will help alot with knowing when events are, plus the on the spot events being hosted, these you wanna keep an eye for. Razz I do hope in time that more Aussies will join the SM community to as it would give more flexibility attendance wise for events.
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 31/12/2013, 6:20 am

As mentioned above we are a North America and GMT based clan, but we still do have the odd event that would suit the Australian time zones.

Further more, we do have an event suggestions thread if you want to put more suggestions towards them:

http://www.smokinelite.com/t77346-event-suggestions
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 31/12/2013, 6:43 am

im one of the people that has mentioned this before. it has gotten better lately master8king hosts events at night for us and bamzam does occasionally too
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtaba 31/12/2013, 11:29 am

Indeed, the events do come in a few times per week, but like 60% of them are OTS events Sad

Iamtaba
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 31/12/2013, 1:37 pm

One thing also regarding events in good time for Australians:

in the odd occasion that they do get hosted, (especially if they are RS based) there will be not many attendants. And that just leads to have less motivation hosting them there, as sometimes we'd have to cancel due to lack of people.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down