Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lure

+4
hammer man25
Broeder
Yamiteh
Omit
8 posters

Go down

Lure Empty Lure

Post by Omit 3/1/2014, 6:10 pm

I think this is where this topic should go?

So basically, there's a new lure which is very unexpected and I don't think you'll know you're getting lured. So basically who ever is training at Abyss, the most popular training method on Runescape at the moment and the most fastest? I think. So if you're training at the abyss you're either chinning or you're mageing obviously some people will come up and say "Hey bro, I just got 99 magic, do you want my runes?" and obviously anyone would say yes who wouldn't want free stuff? And then they say "I'll meet you in there" the place in there you're allowed to go in but not out. So they then quickly glory without you seeing because you can't see what happens in there if you're already going in and if you're already going in you can't go out. Most people assume they dced cause of the world lag and dces and everything so they can't get out of the abyss so they edgeville teleport while they're teleporting the dude who gloried is already at the wizard waiting for him to come, they would just smack you with hits and you wouldn't really expect it, that was the case for me, idk if you would know it was a lure. Just warning you Razz
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Lure Empty Re: Lure

Post by Yamiteh 3/1/2014, 7:19 pm

I don't understand why would they need to go through all that "99 mage, want runes?" stuff if they could just wait at the mage that teleports you to abyss and kill you when you come?
Thanks for the warning anyway, I am always very cautious if a stranger comes up to me offering free stuff. By the way, I believe discussion of lures is prohibited and against the forum rules here.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omit 3/1/2014, 7:37 pm

Why is it prohibited? I'm helping people aren't I? Before I quit Runescape when 07 was big there used to be a lot of lures and people posted them. I don't know about now but may you please explain? :p
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 3/1/2014, 7:44 pm

Talking about how you lured people is frowned upon, this however is perfectly fine Smile

Thanks for warning us
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by hammer man25 3/1/2014, 7:58 pm

Yamiteh wrote:I don't understand why would they need to go through all that "99 mage, want runes?" stuff if they could just wait at the mage that teleports you to abyss and kill you when you come?
Thanks for the warning anyway, I am always very cautious if a stranger comes up to me offering free stuff. By the way, I believe discussion of lures is prohibited and against the forum rules here.

The reason they need to go through that is so that they can get you to the mage so you teleport in. I've personally been Chinning there (200k range xp an hour), and rarely ever see people run in. Most magers will carry 25K+ of Blood/death, Staff of light/master wand, and full Gano. Full gano is 3mish, Bloods are 5.5m, deaths are 2.3m, and weapon/offhand can be a few hundred K and up. This makes for a good potential of 10m+ from each victim they successfully lure.
hammer man25
hammer man25
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 3/1/2014, 8:01 pm

Oh yea, what Broeder said. Helping people like that is allowed.

I understand now:p thanks.(kept thinking about rcers who go through wildy all the time instead)
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 3/1/2014, 8:52 pm

Hmm i haven't heard about this issue as of yet..your post is the first which i Applaud. Smile) Thank you for the information and warning us all. Smile
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by EliteOpz 3/1/2014, 10:35 pm

thanks for warning the community Very Happy

EliteOpz
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omit 5/1/2014, 9:19 pm

Well it looks like Alkan just did a video about this lure! Watch this if you don't understand it properly.
Omit
Omit
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Teh Blumpkin 6/1/2014, 8:05 am

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago, I was using a BGS training slayer and a guy came and said he'd sell me a SGS, I was considering buying one anyway and I had about 150 dust devils left so I decided to listen to him and go get it. Long story short I ended up losing around 90M Sad Learn from my foolishness everyone and don't let it happen to you!
Teh Blumpkin
Teh Blumpkin
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Vegan 6/1/2014, 10:59 am

bad lurers Mad 

Go Vegan
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down