Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

January 9th Update

+2
Shrill
Tuff Tiga
6 posters

Go down

January 9th Update Empty January 9th Update

Post by Tuff Tiga 13/1/2014, 2:47 am

So on the 9th, Minigame Grouping on 07 came out. Now this is a great update for those who are going for torso or play any other minigame. The short of this update is that this update allows you to join a room in the mingame you are trying to play. So for example if you want to get a torso, then with this update you join a waiting room with others wanting to play the same game. After the required amount of people are gathered, the minigame will start in that world. Now I think that this is a great update and will help revive some of the older minigames that are less played. For those that are already popular it won't affect their actual game play. Minigames such as PC and CW will not change much.

Besides that update, there is less of an update to this. Jagex introduced the Zamorakian Hasta to the game. By taking a zamorakian spear to Otto Godblessed and 300k you can convert your spear into a hasta. Those who fight dragons know that the 'stab' style allows you to hit hard and more often, but at the cost of a shield. This is a great update since there are no super antifires in the game which allows you to wield a shield with it. In turn, the spear might jump up in price a bit.

Finally for those who die a lot and do have Armadyl Armour, their alchemy value has increased which means in turn they are kept over barrows and crystal armour at death.

What do you guys think of this update?

You can find more details about this update here: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/minigame-grouping?oldschool=1
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

January 9th Update Empty Re: January 9th Update

Post by Shrill 13/1/2014, 12:51 pm

Not really excited as I dont play minigames...im more excited for the wilderness overhaul coming up :p
Shrill
Shrill
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatnave 13/1/2014, 5:34 pm

Wait, so a 2h weapon at dragons with no super antifires and no anti-fire shield is a GOOD things?!
chocolatnave
chocolatnave
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 13/1/2014, 5:45 pm

I don't play 07 much, but I think patches like increasing Armadyl's alchemy value to make it protect over less valuable stuff on death is a good idea.
I don't understand the grouping system really. Isn't this how it has always been? You go into a waiting room and it automatically groups you and start a game? Also how does it work with BA? Does the game automatically choose roles or what? I think I misunderstood something here lol

chocolatnave wrote:Wait, so a 2h weapon at dragons with no super antifires and no anti-fire shield is a GOOD things?!
I believe he was talking about how before this you had Zamorakian spear to kill dragons really fast which was 2 handed. Now you have Hasta which is 1 handed.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatnave 13/1/2014, 6:37 pm

Oh, are hastas 1h? In that case, good update Razz
chocolatnave
chocolatnave
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 13/1/2014, 9:15 pm

Yamiteh wrote:I don't play 07 much, but I think patches like increasing Armadyl's alchemy value to make it protect over less valuable stuff on death is a good idea.
I don't understand the grouping system really. Isn't this how it has always been? You go into a waiting room and it automatically groups you and start a game? Also how does it work with BA? Does the game automatically choose roles or what? I think I misunderstood something here lol

chocolatnave wrote:Wait, so a 2h weapon at dragons with no super antifires and no anti-fire shield is a GOOD things?!
I believe he was talking about how before this you had Zamorakian spear to kill dragons really fast which was 2 handed. Now you have Hasta which is 1 handed.

If you don't want to hop worlds to a busier world then this update will help with that. It'll help you get paired up with others.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tradin_cc 13/1/2014, 11:13 pm

It's a good update! Mini game grouping good idea but jagex putting no supervision over the cc'a you're placed in is kind of meh. And for the zammy hasta I believe you need to do the tai bwanno trio quest!
Tradin_cc
Tradin_cc
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatnave 14/1/2014, 12:18 am

Tradin_cc wrote:It's a good update! Mini game grouping good idea but jagex putting no supervision over the cc'a you're placed in is kind of meh. And for the zammy hasta I believe you need to do the tai bwanno trio quest!

What do you mean supervision? If you're talking about the Group Finder Chat being spammed or something similar, you can always ignore that person.
chocolatnave
chocolatnave
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 15/1/2014, 5:22 am

This update i think will be useful for some minigames where its harder to find groups for, personally i am not a big hard core minigame player however i could see myself using this for finding a team for BA eventually. Smile)
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down