Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RS3 bts #88

4 posters

Go down

RS3 bts #88 Empty RS3 bts #88

Post by Adri 25/1/2014, 7:40 pm

Runescape 3 ‘Behind the scenes #88’

The combat beta is back again! There are currently four potential updates you can checkout and test!

An ability with the name ‘Revolution’ will finally bring back abit of ease to your combat training! It automaticly casts all the basic abilitys on your actionbar from left to right. There will also be an option to re-setup one of your action bars automaticly. You chose whether you want to train mage, ranging or melee, and an actionbar will be setup that fits your combatskills and weapons the best. Sounds crazy already? This is not it yet…'

To prevent you from hitting your keyboard all day, ‘Ability queying’ was added to the beta. This will allow you to toggle abilitys even tho they are on their cooldown period. Ones the cooldown runs out, it automaticly be casted. This allow you to setup an ability you want to start your next with with!

Also an ability called ‘Momentum plus’ got introduced to the combat beta. When using ‘Momentum plus’ your adrinaline will recharge slower then when using other abilitys. Its a new form of Momentum, but ones your ability bar is fully recharged, you can use an ultimate ability without interupting the Momentum plus!

And last but not least, the reintroduce of special attacks, now in the form of an unique ability. Before EOC got released, some weapons had an unique attack. Ones eoc got introduced, the weapon diversity was lost. Jagex tries to reintroduce the diversity of weapons with this update.

I highly suggest you to checkout the combat beta! Testing future updates and posting your opinion on the RSOF will prevent poor updates from happening!

What is your opinion on this matter? Do you like those new potential updates, or have you found any flaws in the beta?

-Adri
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

RS3 bts #88 Empty Re: RS3 bts #88

Post by Julij2 25/1/2014, 7:45 pm

To be honest all I need is more ability bars and not some more fail abilities. I'm not even slightly exicted about this as I know there won't be any use of it atleast not to me.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 25/1/2014, 7:51 pm

To me the Revolution and momentum-plus aren't that great. I think revolution is just a bit more powerful (shouldn't be that much) than the normal momentum, although you can really use the momentum-plus for things like rejuvenate but since it'll probably go very slow I doubt if it's useful.
The ability queying is a thing I really like! This is going to be a thing like momentum I think but than with your own set-up, probably this will mean that momentum/momentum-plus/revolution will become useless.
And than those special attacks. I don't know quite sure how I feel about those, I mean it's good for the economy to have them get a higher value but I doubt if the specials will be as strong as before, probably they'll keep updating it until they aren't that special at all. But at the moment they are great to deal/flip in!

Just my opinion Smile
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 25/1/2014, 10:37 pm

i havent tried the beta, but my only concern with the revolution is how it will handle abilities on cooldown. Like if my revolution is 1,2,1,3,4 and in my first one i make it to 1,2,1,3 *dead enemy* and then i change to the next target odds are my 2 or 3 will be on cooldown and im curious if revolution will just bug out and fail or if it has a way around it.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum