Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

''Pre EoC'' coming back!

+12
Yamiteh
chocolatnave
WisdomStar
Mr Rockeye
RedRaven
Aezure
Music
Isen
Huluplus
Lucky
Julij2
Merzz
16 posters

Go down

Are you going to use Legacy Mode if it's successful?

''Pre EoC'' coming back! I_vote_lcap80%''Pre EoC'' coming back! I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 12 ]
''Pre EoC'' coming back! I_vote_lcap7%''Pre EoC'' coming back! I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
''Pre EoC'' coming back! I_vote_lcap13%''Pre EoC'' coming back! I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

''Pre EoC'' coming back! Empty ''Pre EoC'' coming back!

Post by Merzz 31/1/2014, 2:01 pm

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/poll---legacy-combat

Myself i love this idea so people can have both EoC and old combat system they can just toggle which they want in same servers!

Discuss!

EDIT: some clarifications from Mod Pips http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/forums.ws?352,353,0,65284774

Last edited by Merzz on 1/2/2014, 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

''Pre EoC'' coming back! Empty Re: ''Pre EoC'' coming back!

Post by Julij2 31/1/2014, 2:10 pm

I never left.....

Anyway Jagex should just make up his mind at some point. They're going from EoC to old school then back to EoC and then back again.... Honestly they should just focus on something already.

Maybe a year ago I would say I'm excited but I'm used to EoC now and I have to say I really enjoy it. So I voted no on the poll if that is what you were asking.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 31/1/2014, 2:14 pm

This is one of the few times I harbor an extreme hate for JaGex due to this. It's just a "nostalgia" poll. In short, I hope it won't pass but it's already overwhelming voted on to pass. So... fuck
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 31/1/2014, 2:17 pm

Julij2 wrote:I never left.....

Anyway Jagex should just make up his mind at some point. They're going from EoC to old school then back to EoC and then back again.... Honestly they should just focus on something already.

Maybe a year ago I would say I'm excited but I'm used to EoC now and I have to say I really enjoy it. So I voted no on the poll if that is what you were asking.

Edited the poll question to be more clear =P and you can always keep using eoc if you want. Like Mod Pips said ''We want players to use Evolution of Combat because they want to, not because they have to.''
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 31/1/2014, 3:14 pm

Im not the biggest fan of the EoC system, yes I still play rs3. Mainly because I hate that I have to start over in 07 (still training that account too). I would love for the option of playing legacy mode, so long as its side by side EoC. EoC has been here far too long and I don't think they should just remove it. A lot of people like it now, they have gotten used to it.

TBH Rant as I might, I just want my damn fixed screen back. (the look of 07 UI) make that happen, and I have nothing to complain about.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 31/1/2014, 3:30 pm

HuluPlus wrote:Im not the biggest fan of the EoC system, yes I still play rs3. Mainly because I hate that I have to start over in 07 (still training that account too). I would love for the option of playing legacy mode, so long as its side by side EoC. EoC has been here far too long and I don't think they should just remove it. A lot of people like it now, they have gotten used to it.

TBH Rant as I might, I just want my damn fixed screen back. (the look of 07 UI) make that happen, and I have nothing to complain about.

As far as i know fixed is coming back too with new stuff like wardrobe etc but it will be pretty much same
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 31/1/2014, 3:36 pm

Button mashing and Momentum vs. New Old School RS. So confusing.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 31/1/2014, 3:38 pm

MoeZ wrote:Jagex cannot make up his mind, he just doesn't want to admit that he needs to get gambling back.

Jagex is not one person..?
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 31/1/2014, 4:22 pm

HuluPlus wrote:Im not the biggest fan of the EoC system, yes I still play rs3. Mainly because I hate that I have to start over in 07 (still training that account too). I would love for the option of playing legacy mode, so long as its side by side EoC. EoC has been here far too long and I don't think they should just remove it. A lot of people like it now, they have gotten used to it.

There's an old school graphics option currently in RS3. It's exactly the same as 07.
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezure 31/1/2014, 5:42 pm

Wow. Well this will be an absolute bitch for Jagex to get right in a way that is balanced and doesn't spoil the fun for EoC people. GL to them on that.
Aezure
Aezure
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

http://5jungle.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 31/1/2014, 6:16 pm

Personally i am neutral on the poll, if it were to be awhile back then maybe i be excited, i just learned to re-adapt and started over on 07. Personally i suspect jagex loss a fair bit of money with people quitting RS and things due to updates which is perhaps why they are doing this...like 07 few years back they said 07 would never happen...now it has. I wouldn't mind seeing it but i just hope it isnt messed up like most updates which jagex first release that are all bugged or glitched. Razz

I cant see how they will find a balance personally for both due to the systems of combat being different, by this prayer counting in old system but not new for example. Will be interesting see if it passes..also jagex is a company not person so it probably numerous people working on this if it passes. I like idea of fixed screen hehe that only thing i probably like having back as i have hard time dungeoning on full. Smile)
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 31/1/2014, 6:25 pm

RedRaven wrote:Personally i am neutral on the poll, if it were to be awhile back then maybe i be excited, i just learned to re-adapt and started over on 07. Personally i suspect jagex loss a fair bit of money with people quitting RS and things due to updates which is perhaps why they are doing this...like 07 few years back they said 07 would never happen...now it has. I wouldn't mind seeing it but i just hope it isnt messed up like most updates which jagex first release that are all bugged or glitched. Razz

I cant see how they will find a balance personally for both due to the systems of combat being different, by this prayer counting in old system but not new for example. Will be interesting see if it passes..also jagex is a company not person so it probably numerous people working on this if it passes. I like idea of fixed screen hehe that only thing i probably like having back as i have hard time dungeoning on full. Smile)
Music showed me where it is.
esc > presets > retro
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 31/1/2014, 6:53 pm

Music showed me where it is.
esc > presets > retro
ohh thank you Smile)))

hmm i got a feeling to if this passes it will hurt the 07 community/Iemz to, spoke to a couple of my 07rs they think 07 may get wiped out..i really hope not for the sake of Iemz and the community which has been there since the start. Time will tell on this one. Smile)
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 31/1/2014, 9:09 pm

- Jagex shows again they don't know what they want to do with the game.
- Jagex shows they are desperate to get their costumers back.
- Jagex should have listened to the players in the first place.
- JAGEX PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 1/2/2014, 2:34 am

MoeZ wrote:Jagex cannot make up his mind, he just doesn't want to admit that he needs to get gambling back.

So because old combat systems comes back = gambling comes back uwotm8?
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomStar 1/2/2014, 8:24 am

I was never fan of old combat system. I voted no because I want it to stay EOC!
WisdomStar
WisdomStar
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 1/2/2014, 9:44 am

WisdomStar wrote:I was never fan of old combat system. I voted no because I want it to stay EOC!
If you read the post you would know EoC isn't going anywhere it will always stay
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 1/2/2014, 10:17 am

Merzz wrote:
Julij2 wrote:I never left.....

Edited the poll question to be more clear =P and you can always keep using eoc if you want. Like Mod Pips said ''We want players to use Evolution of Combat because they want to, not because they have to.''

Don't get me wrong. The old system was way better imo and eoc almost made me quit rs. But this is atleast 2 years late. They should have given people a choice back then not after 2 years. Not to mention how they're going to implent something like this aside eoc. I really doubt old school system will be useful in every situation (like kk, vorag...) so eoc will probably still be the main combat system while old school seems more nostalgia based (killing hill giants, fire giants...). Again a complete failure from jagex. They should just stick with one, either with eoc or old combat system.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatnave 1/2/2014, 11:09 am

On the Livestream they did a day or two ago, Jagex mentioned that they were considering making new bosses, such as kk and vorago, for legacy combat only, so you would have the eoc version were you could only use eoc and the legacy version where you could only use legacy combat, the legacy would of course be reworked and balanced, of course, assuming they actually went through with it.
chocolatnave
chocolatnave
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 1/2/2014, 11:55 am

This still wouldn't revive pking, something Jagex desperately wants(unless they make 2 versions of wildernesses or something Razz).
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daba 1/2/2014, 3:21 pm

''Pre EoC'' coming back! 8diWOJb
Daba
Daba
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 1/2/2014, 6:42 pm

Apparently (according to Sparc mac, as I haven't really looked myself) they said they could make specific worlds where players could only use legacy combat, as an attempt to fix the Wilderness problem.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 1/2/2014, 8:54 pm

Phileep wrote:Apparently (according to Sparc mac, as I haven't really looked myself) they said they could make specific worlds where players could only use legacy combat, as an attempt to fix the Wilderness problem.

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/forums.ws?352,353,0,65284774
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 1/2/2014, 9:15 pm

I want this back, but at the same time I feel like I'm not going to use it very often. I quit when EOC first came out, but now that I'm back, I'm used to it. What I would like is an HP rework, because when I see myself hit a 5k, it means nothing to me because I have no idea what I just hit. With the past HP reworks, they just made it 10x more, so I still knew that if I hit a 400, I hit a 40. But now there's nothing to go off of as far as hits go, and honestly it irks me because I want to be able to compare hits to what I know them as, but I can't do that with the way it is now.
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ko Boy Fresh 2/2/2014, 1:48 pm

-Is jagex making the old server before EoC due to the Elder Scrolls coming out in spring?
-Or do they want the community back?

Ko Boy Fresh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down