Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help?

3 posters

Go down

Help? Empty Help?

Post by krazii 19/2/2014, 2:53 am

Hi, my RS3 account was recently compromised and I was contacted ingame on my other account by the person claiming to be responsible. He talked to me for a while, he asked me questions and I asked him questions. He eventually told me he hacked my account by gaining password and e-mail information originally from this site. He claimed it was from a hacking a year ago, but I see talk about forum accounts being hacked on the front page and was wondering if he could have gained my e-mail information from these hackings. I have not been a very active member so I am unsure about what goes on with this site, I am just wondering if what he has told me was true.
krazii
krazii
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Help? Empty Re: Help?

Post by Yamiteh 19/2/2014, 9:50 am

Did you use the same password here and on RS?
I don't rememeber any major hacks happening a year ago(although I am pretty new..) so I am not sure about that but I would like to say it is possible he just hacked you the other way and is now blaming others to cause more chaos.

Did you recover your account now?
Did you do an antivirus scan?
Could anyone else know your password/recoveries etc?
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 19/2/2014, 1:24 pm

krazii wrote:Hi, my RS3 account was recently compromised and I was contacted ingame on my other account by the person claiming to be responsible. He talked to me for a while, he asked me questions and I asked him questions. He eventually told me he hacked my account by gaining password and e-mail information originally from this site. He claimed it was from a hacking a year ago, but I see talk about forum accounts being hacked on the front page and was wondering if he could have gained my e-mail information from these hackings. I have not been a very active member so I am unsure about what goes on with this site, I am just wondering if what he has told me was true.
well i would suggest you recover your password.
Keep a different email adress for SM in my opinion
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum