Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is that time again :)

+9
Ms. Santa
Daba
Justin
WastedWolfes
Cille
Muffins
Gildarts
Connor
Blood
13 posters

Go down

It is that time again :) Empty It is that time again :)

Post by Blood 5/5/2014, 11:53 pm

For those of you in school and working your way through or into finals, how are you fairing? I have five classes with four total final exams. I completed three final exams today (passed all with acceptable grades) and will be taking my fourth and last exam tomorrow morning to end the semester. I will either have 3 A's, 1 B, and 1 D (not pretty, but D is still passing and I get the credit) or 3 A's, 1 B, and 1 F (because math is just that terrible).
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

It is that time again :) Empty Re: It is that time again :)

Post by Connor 5/5/2014, 11:54 pm

I finished last Friday and I ended up with 3 A's and 1 B. I'm satisfied. My Summer classes start in 2 weeks though, not looking forward to that Razz
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 5/5/2014, 11:58 pm

Glad i pass the exams stage all i gotta worry about now is my dissertation, which has taken me over 3 months!
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins 6/5/2014, 1:09 am

Exams are this week and next week for me. Today I have a Literature exam, and I can feel the fail coming.
Muffins
Muffins
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 6/5/2014, 9:33 am

Connor wrote:I finished last Friday and I ended up with 3 A's and 1 B. I'm satisfied. My Summer classes start in 2 weeks though, not looking forward to that Razz

If it wasn't for math I would be in the same boat as far as grades go. My dad and I reviewed all of the lessons from the midterm to now and I am up with plenty of time to review it all over again myself to give myself the best shot at coming out of this thing alive so to speak.

kid rampage5 wrote:Glad i pass the exams stage all i gotta worry about now is my dissertation, which has taken me over 3 months!

In my experience with long papers (5+ pages) it is the worst aside from math so I wish you the best of luck with that, kid. I remember my essay from my SAT which was bad enough; nothing worse than a paper or essay that is meant to be 2-3 pages, but you can write everything that needs to be said in one page or less.

Muffins wrote:Exams are this week and next week for me. Today I have a Literature exam, and I can feel the fail coming.

I burned through three of my four finals yesterday and completed the homework for a class that does not have a final so today will be my final final Wink even with reviewing last night and reviewing again here in a bit for this math final, I am still preparing myself to do poor enough to not maintain at least a 60% passing grade. You figure at a cost of about $6,000/yr and with five classes per semester, if I were to fail this math course I would be out four month's time + $1,200 and I would obviously lose the credit and quite possibly would have to take the same course over again as it is one of the few transferable math credits to the university of my choice. God help me, just this once let me do well enough to maintain at least a 60%.
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 6/5/2014, 9:36 am

This is one thing I do not miss about school :p

Oh well, once I go back I'll be looking at finals every 3 months :p

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 6/5/2014, 4:47 pm

Finals every three months o_o how can they even be considered finals lol.

Update: 80% on math final exam to pass the class and earn my credit cheers
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 6/5/2014, 5:39 pm

Blood wrote:Finals every three months o_o how can they even be considered finals lol.

Update: 80% on math final exam to pass the class and earn my credit cheers

Because nursing school here is put into 14 classes.
2 classes each semester, 2 semesters a year ofc.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 6/5/2014, 6:20 pm

Blood wrote:In my experience with long papers (5+ pages) it is the worst aside from math so I wish you the best of luck with that, kid. I remember my essay from my SAT which was bad enough; nothing worse than a paper or essay that is meant to be 2-3 pages, but you can write everything that needs to be said in one page or less.

Yeah it happened to me a lot when i first started my dissertation but after a year i'm on 4 1/2 pages of me just slapping long words together while trying to make sense Razz
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by WastedWolfes 6/5/2014, 6:23 pm

I don't have finals because I'm an awesome cat.
WastedWolfes
WastedWolfes
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin 6/5/2014, 9:22 pm

Don't have my exams until June, but have AP exams this week and next. Only thing really "up in the air" is whether I get 4 A's and 1 B or 5 A's.

Fuck you, AP Lang and Comp

Justin
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daba 6/5/2014, 11:17 pm

Justin wrote:Don't have my exams until June, but have AP exams this week and next. Only thing really "up in the air" is whether I get 4 A's and 1 B or 5 A's.

got a 5 on that exam last year, might not grammar like that on here but i can rhetoric damn good.

next year finals will be sucky as depaul does trimesters instead of semesters  bounce 

also took ap psych which was pretty easy, gotta take macroeconomics too, hoping for a 4-5 on both of those because those are actually relevant to what i'm doing next year
Daba
Daba
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin 7/5/2014, 2:52 am

Daba wrote:
Justin wrote:Don't have my exams until June, but have AP exams this week and next. Only thing really "up in the air" is whether I get 4 A's and 1 B or 5 A's.

got a 5 on that exam last year, might not grammar like that on here but i can rhetoric damn good.

next year finals will be sucky as depaul does trimesters instead of semesters  bounce 

also took ap psych which was pretty easy, gotta take macroeconomics too, hoping for a 4-5 on both of those because those are actually relevant to what i'm doing next year

Taking the AP Lang and Comp exam this friday. God I hate rhetorical analysis and synthesis essays
>.< Hoping to get 5

Justin
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Santa 7/5/2014, 4:13 am

Pain. And alot of it.
Ms. Santa
Ms. Santa
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frekwency 7/5/2014, 6:02 pm

This is my first semester I've ever not gone to school! I've completed 1 1/2 years of college and decided to take a break for this semester. It's crazy not having to worry about school!
Frekwency
Frekwency
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 7/5/2014, 9:47 pm

Iiii actually finished in april lol. #CanadianSchools

I did have 6 courses and 4 finals, marketing had a final report+presentation instead of an exam and my other was a lab course.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex 7/5/2014, 11:38 pm

Frekwency wrote:This is my first semester I've ever not gone to school! I've completed 1 1/2 years of college and decided to take a break for this semester. It's crazy not having to worry about school!

Samez, dude. It's actually been pretty refreshing to not have to worry about any exams, but also have been doing a lot of other independent work and studying in its place to prepare for an internship! I have two more semesters for my BA in economics which I'll complete when I return either in fall or spring.
Skrillex
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roberto1 8/5/2014, 4:17 pm

how could you say such a dastardly thing about maths... maths is lovely... maths is awesome..
if she were a woman she'd be fine. but hopefully at "worst" youve got a D for the lubberly creditos

Roberto1
Roberto1
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 8/5/2014, 4:22 pm

Roberto1 wrote:how could you say such a dastardly thing about maths... maths is lovely... maths is awesome..
if she were a woman she'd be fine. but hopefully at "worst" youve got a D for the lubberly creditos

Basic math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division I would agree; I can do those in my head faster than my brother can do it on paper and sometimes even quicker than he can do it on a calculator, but collegiate math is something I would take into a back alley and shoot dead if given the chance. I did pass the class as I earned an 80% on the final and with that I never in my life have to take a math course again (I made sure of that by asking my course advisor Tuesday when signing up for Fall courses).
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down