Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the unluckiest thing to happen to you in Runescape?

+15
MerchTilIDie
Merzz
RedRaven
Julij2
Blood
Gildarts
Bom
GsKiki
piramatrix
Mr Rockeye
Daxaal
Yamiteh
Leakee
celeritas0
Gummy
19 posters

Go down

What is the unluckiest thing to happen to you in Runescape? Empty What is the unluckiest thing to happen to you in Runescape?

Post by Gummy 3/7/2014, 10:42 pm

Surely there must be some humorous stories out there, let's here them Smile share as many as you like. I'm trying to think of one for myself at the moment so I will include that once something comes to mind.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

What is the unluckiest thing to happen to you in Runescape? Empty Re: What is the unluckiest thing to happen to you in Runescape?

Post by celeritas0 3/7/2014, 11:51 pm

I'm so bad at pvp, I once tried to kill a bot at green dragons and died myself... twice.
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

What is the unluckiest thing to happen to you in Runescape? Empty Re: What is the unluckiest thing to happen to you in Runescape?

Post by Leakee 4/7/2014, 5:36 am

When I was a noob after paying in the Wild was removed, I stumbled upon 2 people killing Green Dragons. They agreed to give me the final blow, being a low level and all. Anyway I attack the dragon and hit 1 or 2 zeros, before the dragon 1 hit me when it was on 1hp due to me not having an Anti Dragon Shield. I lost 200k that day, which was my whole bank at the time.
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 4/7/2014, 8:10 am

I guess this is kind of unlucky:

I was bored so I went around ge saying "follow for free cash". Bunch of ppl followed me and I said for the luls "do you know what trust game is?" To be safe I said lol jk right after.
So then I asked some trivia question and gave the winner 1 gp. He declined ofc.
Few days later I was muted and saw my lil troll in the evidence.

I went to play arcanists and because I didn't know how to quickchat there I accidentally left a game that I would have definitely won and was pissed so I went to the forums to rage about why i got muted.

Some jmod replied that he doesnt see in evidence me giving 1 gp to winner. Well no shit coz the winner declined the trade.... So I got muted 48 hours for "scamming 1 gp" which i didnt even do.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 4/7/2014, 11:10 am

To unlucky events that I can think of are the following

1. I was looking to leech some dung floors so I went into several dung chats to ask if anyone could sell me floors. I said something along the lines "Anyone here hosting dung floors?" A few days later I found out that I was muted and when I looked at the evidence it was because I said the word "hosting" which they believed was related to gambling Razz

2. Internet disconnected when I was in fight caves on the last round against Jad. Jad was at 10% of its health and for the first time I thought I was going to complete the caves by myself. Turned out that my friend trolled me by disconnecting the internet.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 4/7/2014, 1:28 pm

Once I was in a mode like 'I can beat bandos everytime, I won't die' so I went with quite some expensive gear. I wore a torva helmet bandos chest, tassets, drygore maces (dual), fury and steadfast boots. After having quite a high KC I decided to do one more and than return home, yet my internet thought 'ahh lets send him home right now!' and I disconnected from the game which made me die and loose everything except for the drygores + steadfast boots. Now the really irritating part comes... I was on time back at the bandos KC room (not having the KC yet) and I saw some people at bandos. I asked them to bless my grave stone, and you might guess it, they didn't bless it and took all my stuff...
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 4/7/2014, 2:30 pm

i was once in a high staked game at the dual arena, i was totally destroying thig guy i had more than half of my lifepoints left en he was down to this last 5%, all of a sudden i start this unlucky streak of 0 hits and i end up losing the dual, lost 500M there Sad
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 4/7/2014, 2:46 pm

Daxaal wrote:To unlucky events that I can think of are the following

1. I was looking to leech some dung floors so I went into several dung chats to ask if anyone could sell me floors. I said something along the lines "Anyone here hosting dung floors?" A few days later I found out that I was muted and when I looked at the evidence it was because I said the word "hosting" which they believed was related to gambling Razz

2. Internet disconnected when I was in fight caves on the last round against Jad. Jad was at 10% of its health and for the first time I thought I was going to complete the caves by myself. Turned out that my friend trolled me by disconnecting the internet.

Sucks on the 2nd one but on the first one it is probably their automute thingy. Some words get you auto muted I think. I was also once at a sinkhole(a place where it isnt possible to trade others) and I said "trade for a chance to win 2m" for the luls and got muted for hosting gambling.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GsKiki 4/7/2014, 3:12 pm

When I first started playing I got a tip to collect arrows in Wilderness that people leave and then sell it. I went there with nothing on me so I couldn't lose anything. I collected nice few stacks of different arrows, and as I was existing Wilderness someone started attacking me. I was literally 1 block from the border and still had over half my life when my game froze. So I just stood there spamclicking but not being able to move, watching the other guy killing me. I can't call it unlucky coz I didn't lose anything much (except for 1 hour of my life) but it was pretty funny xD
GsKiki
GsKiki
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bom 4/7/2014, 6:46 pm

Not really unlucky as such but still quite funny: I remember very clearly when I first begun playing (aged about 10 or so) I made money by picking up the gp drops left by players killing the guards in Fally in search of clues. Eventually I got to 2,300 gp or so, and for whatever reason (idk if there was no "store all" option or what) I thought that the only way to store the gold was to spam-click! I did this because I thought "store X" would delete all my gold..

Facepalm 
Bom
Bom
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 4/7/2014, 8:49 pm

Found out i spent a large portion of my life playing it.
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 7/7/2014, 5:28 am

Not a whole lot comes to mind for me really. One that does is when I was completing a kiln for someone. I was on Wave 36 (double Jads) out of 37 waves and I split-second lagged and died, because the people working on the building behind our house hit our cable with something on the back of their truck. Had to apologize and take another hour out of my time to get his cape.
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 7/7/2014, 1:58 pm

It happened a few years ago when I completed a level 2 clue and got ranger boots. I PMed a friend and asked him how much they're worth and he said they're 600k! That was a lot of money for me as I only had ~20k and I've never managed to cross 100k. I was so excited so I went wandering on Karamja and I've attacked tribesman hoping to kill him (as I was 30 levels higher). He poisioned me (he had strong poison at that time) and I've died losing my ranger boots Sad
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 7/7/2014, 4:08 pm

Think one of my unlucky moments was on OSRS when i was going for 200m cooking..at the time the servers were being ddosed badly..anyways one day i was super laggy and cooking sharks then went to world 2 to sell them. While being in world 2 the server crashed..after the server came back online i logged in and somehow died and lost 7k cooked sharks and purple phat..which at the time was a fair bit for me cash wise. Razz
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 9/7/2014, 7:46 pm

Years ago when dclaws actually were worth something i dc'd and died and lost them =P + there is ofc other stories because jagex hates me  Trollface 
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie 10/7/2014, 4:28 am

Well this was quite a few years back, (at least 8 years) So I had some how managed to come across an adamant long sword, which was around 3k = bank was made, and so I went to sell it in varrock on w1 and a guy put up a noted rune long and so I was flipping out because I had never seen such an expensive item in trade at the time. Needless to say he declined, asked if it was okay, and then when he traded again I didn't want him to change his mind so I accepted both screens as fast as possible, only to realize he had switched it with an iron long.

Also another story of when I got my first level 3 clue which was around at least 6 years ago. I was incredibly excited because I just knew I was about to get rich off of this thing. Anyways, I was tasked to go into lvl 50 wild near rogues den, and I started getting attacked and I was panicking because obelisks didn't exist so I had to run all the way to mage bank when a guy who was at least 40 levels higher than me was owning me with a whip. All the while I'm running, my brother is shit talking him and I'm trying to get him to stop so the guy will stop attacking me (I was a rather naive 10/11 year old so I thought if you asked nicely people on runescape would listen to you) but he killed me and I lost that clue and I cried  lol! 
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 10/7/2014, 11:18 am

my first time pking on my pure i walked into the wilderness and lagged as soon as i attacked someone and lost my whip. it was one of the most expensive items in the game back in 2005 >.<
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by deadmonkey 14/7/2014, 1:18 pm

My worst thing just happened. I have two accounts which I merchant on. I logged on to them today and found that one of them was hacked. My main account still has money and I lost about 70m. Sad
Am now setting up Account Authenticator.

Last edited by deadmonkey on 15/7/2014, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
deadmonkey
deadmonkey
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 14/7/2014, 3:41 pm

deadmonkey wrote:My worst thing just happened. I have to accounts which I merchant on. I logged on to them today and found that one of them was hacked. My main account still has money and I lost about 70m. Sad
Am now setting up Account Authenticator.

always make sure your account is protected, even a simple thing as setting up a bank pin could have prevented this to happen
piramatrix
piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 16/7/2014, 3:31 am

I was hacked recently, but my bank pin prevented the intruder long enough that I was able to recover the account from Jagex. Was surprised they gave it back haha.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by losthonor 17/7/2014, 8:44 pm

Back when whips were around 2m+ I fished lobsters until I had enough money to get one, as well as some rune armor, obby cape, etc. I did pest control until I was 70 attack then went to the duel arena because I was excited to try out my new whip. About 10 minutes after getting 70 attack I was scammed and lost everything but the obby cape.
losthonor
losthonor
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/HaustX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down