Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merchant Spotlight!

+4
lil_me
Fatal
KillerHart
Tuff Tiga
8 posters

Go down

Merchant Spotlight! Empty Merchant Spotlight!

Post by Tuff Tiga 20/7/2014, 12:28 am

Hello Merchants!

Welcome to the first of many “Merchant Spotlight” threads! This thread is designed to help you get to know your fellow merchants better. How it works is that I interview a random merchant, selected with a random generator, and I interview them. These questions are general and help you understand how that specific merchant thinks when it’s time to flip or invest. To top it off, at the end the selected person will include at least 5 of their greatest flips to back up their statements. Without further ado let’s get onto the interview.

Our second interview is Kelly. She is currently one of the manager's for the mentoring system along with Billious.

1) How long have you been merchanting for?
Since about the same time I joined the SM forums, so since about July-August of 2011.

2) What's the most important thing you've learned about merchanting on the RS market?
How necessary graphs are to make the biggest bang for your buck. I realize that with active and inactive/overnight flipping they aren't usually as necessary, but it surely helps to know what the market is like for the particular item you're taking the time to merch.

3) In relation to Q#2, do you think you could apply any of this in real life?
Probably, yes. I'd go as far to say that nearly everything merchanting could be applied in real life, even if indirectly Razz.

4) What is your thought process in choosing an item to invest in?
Hmm, well that depends what type of merchanting I'm doing. With active flips I tend to just look around GE for inspiration because commonly traded items with lower limits (like weapons and armor) tend to be very fast flips. Inactive and overnight flips I thoroughly enjoy bulk flipping, and tend to spend immense time looking at graphs to find an item that would be the most profit. I don't do investments very frequently, but with those it's similar to inactive/overnight flipping in the sense that I extensively look through graphs to find the best possible item to invest my time and money in.

5) What would you say your strong point: active flipping, inactive flipping or investing?
I'd say evenly between active and inactive/overnight flipping.

6) How much of your current wealth, approximately, have you achieved from merchanting?
Oh hell I don't know. I'd say I've probably achieved at least 200-300M from merchanting, more or less.

7) Anything else you would like to add about your merchanting career, or anything else for that matter:
When I began merchanting, I joined the Mentoring program and I feel I would not have been successful at merchanting without it.

8) If you would also like to share your top 5 flips/investments that would really help.
Uh… I don't exactly have those. If it's very necessary I could try to scour and find my flipping log from eons ago.

Billious:

~ Tuff Tiga

Last edited by Tuff Tiga on 30/8/2014, 9:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Merchant Spotlight! Empty Re: Merchant Spotlight!

Post by KillerHart 20/7/2014, 11:42 am

Really interesting read. Love the idea, as you can really learn a lot and get to know the person better. The one thing I will take away from this is that all merchants will make mistakes and you may be better off cutting your losses Smile Thanks both.
KillerHart
KillerHart
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 20/7/2014, 6:18 pm

Love this idea, and kudos to interviewing possibly the best in the business currently for the first post. Hard to top that one Smile Good read, good insight.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 20/7/2014, 9:14 pm

who is this Billious?

jk :p nice interview. I enjoyed the read Very Happy
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gonecase 21/7/2014, 11:04 pm

Nice interview and Billious those gnome scarfs are monsters haha. Great profits and great losses for me too so I dont use them. But honestly best person you could find to start off this series Tuff. So kudos to you. Billious, Divine and Gummy have been the reason I keep finding my inspiration to merch again and again.
gonecase
gonecase
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 22/7/2014, 2:58 am

really great initiative, really enjoyed reading this and lookong forward to the next one Very Happy
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 23/7/2014, 1:42 am

gonecase wrote:Nice interview and Billious those gnome scarfs are monsters haha. Great profits and great losses for me too so I dont use them. But honestly best person you could find to start off this series Tuff. So kudos to you. Billious, Divine and Gummy have been the reason I keep finding my inspiration to merch again and again.

I agree with you here, made millions from them, but occasionally you get screwed.
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 30/8/2014, 9:55 pm

Posted a new interview!
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 30/8/2014, 10:03 pm

No pictures, Kelly? Boo! Smile
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 30/8/2014, 11:59 pm

Some quality read here Smile

Looking forward to more interviews (unless next one in line is Minato, then I don't Razz).
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KillerHart 31/8/2014, 12:12 am

Thanks for the read Kelly and tuff, very interesting Smile
KillerHart
KillerHart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down