Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think Legacy is going to kill Old school RS?

+7
kalio
RedRaven
lil_me
Merzz
Ms. Santa
KMV
Gildarts
11 posters

Go down

Do you think Legacy is going to kill Old school RS?  Empty Do you think Legacy is going to kill Old school RS?

Post by Gildarts 20/7/2014, 5:44 am

Hey,

This has been a wildly heated debate and I've also taken some thought to it and I see it as a possibility.

Do you feel that the release of Legacy will destroy the 2007 version of Runescape?
Why or why not?

Thank you, to Kelly for bringing this up Razz
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Do you think Legacy is going to kill Old school RS?  Empty Re: Do you think Legacy is going to kill Old school RS?

Post by KMV 20/7/2014, 5:56 am

You know when I first heard of Legacy I honestly thought that would be the case however, after looking at my friends list and the way things are, not very many of them have actually converted back to the live game. 07scape wasn't really gaining a whole lot of people anyways, the number of ppl joining won't down very much, and as long as they keep updating 07 I think it will stick around.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Do you think Legacy is going to kill Old school RS?  Empty Re: Do you think Legacy is going to kill Old school RS?

Post by Ms. Santa 20/7/2014, 7:04 pm

I personally think both have their own niche communities and it will stay that way. A very limited amount of people will really move over as 07 is partly about the old combat system but it's also about the old feel, old items, ect.
Ms. Santa
Ms. Santa
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 20/7/2014, 8:04 pm

Everyone knows what i think about 07/osrs/crapscape but anyway both main game and the osrs has their own communities like many people said people are staying in the osrs if they keep updating it but imo these updates go too far already like new continent, new skill etc.
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 20/7/2014, 8:38 pm

theres no way. the legacy is a hint of nostalgia, but it will have updates that go along with eoc, while 07 will have unique updates related to itself.

Just as well 07 is very "Players choice" when it comes to updates too.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 20/7/2014, 8:46 pm

Personally i do not think Legacy will have much impact since it has been out now and many OSRS i doubt will quit osrs to return due to time committed on the accounts. At first i did fear that it would hurt Osrs since some felt legacy was a "quick fix" to have players return to EoC that left for osrs. Many people to in osrs, myself included feel that EoC is still "bonusxpscape" and the combat isn't what many are use to even with the rework..many players still prefer playing osrs due to the traditional pking tactics and old combat. I think the biggest thing most osrs  players didn't support with EoC was the combat, treasure hunt, the bonus xp..which could be the motive along with account time on osrs is why people are staying..

Having the above when i spoke to others they agreed, surely a couple of my friends did quit osrs to return to EoC for Legacy however most remain due to the reasons above and others. In the short amount of time osrs has been out osrs have formed our own community, long as Jagex do not screw up Osrs i think the community will remain. I feel new content is a benefit for osrs..though i am a tad skeptical about the new continent idea since it is a major update idea however and new skill as i feel they aren't really needed and are going over the edge..
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by kalio 21/7/2014, 9:59 pm

Definitely not. There's a lot of things I don't like about RS3 that aren't related to the combat system. 07 is a different experience all together. The economy is different, the items are different, the skills are different, the feel is different. Legacy mode is an update for people who already like RS3. It won't "convert" old school players.

Last edited by kalio on 21/7/2014, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
kalio
kalio
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 21/7/2014, 10:27 pm

kalio wrote:Definitely not. There's a lot of things I don't like about RS3 that aren't related to the combat system. 07 is a different experience all together. The economy is different, the items are different, the skills are different, the feel is different. Legacy mode is an update for people who already like RS3. It won't "covert" old school players.

On the contrary, it has actually converted quite a few old school friends of mine already. It's an update to bring back some of the people who quit solely due to EOC, not for people who like RS3 already. I still prefer EOC even though legacy is out, while it is nice for nostalgia, EOC is generally better for the majority of gameplay, so while I already enjoy RS3, Legacy is not an update I will be using.
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by kalio 21/7/2014, 11:28 pm

Music wrote:On the contrary, it has actually converted quite a few old school friends of mine already. It's an update to bring back some of the people who quit solely due to EOC, not for people who like RS3 already. I still prefer EOC even though legacy is out, while it is nice for nostalgia, EOC is generally better for the majority of gameplay, so while I already enjoy RS3, Legacy is not an update I will be using.

Interesting. You're right; there are some people out there who quit solely due to EoC. There are people who are playing 07 because they hate EoC, and there are people who are playing 07 because they like the old game and old style. It does make sense for the first group to go back to RS3 for Legacy.

Is Legacy actually released? I haven't been paying attention to RS news, I thought it was coming out later in the year though. edit: Seems like it is. I'll have to give it a shot.
kalio
kalio
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 22/7/2014, 2:48 am

kalio wrote:
Music wrote:On the contrary, it has actually converted quite a few old school friends of mine already. It's an update to bring back some of the people who quit solely due to EOC, not for people who like RS3 already. I still prefer EOC even though legacy is out, while it is nice for nostalgia, EOC is generally better for the majority of gameplay, so while I already enjoy RS3, Legacy is not an update I will be using.

Interesting. You're right; there are some people out there who quit solely due to EoC. There are people who are playing 07 because they hate EoC, and there are people who are playing 07 because they like the old game and old style. It does make sense for the first group to go back to RS3 for Legacy.

Is Legacy actually released? I haven't been paying attention to RS news, I thought it was coming out later in the year though. edit: Seems like it is. I'll have to give it a shot.

mhmm those are the three main groups within the osrs community, the ones who most likely went back as you say are the ones who purely disliked the combat. This makes plenty of sense, although i feel it isn' t enough to kill off osrs however. Razz

As for your question Legacy is live in the EoC game currently. Smile
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 22/7/2014, 3:41 am

as said before 07 has it own unique updates. and i'm sure old school rs will still have its fanbase, just like classic rs stil has it own hardcore fanbase.
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 22/7/2014, 5:28 am

The big reason in which I stopped playing RS3/EOC is because of the combat system, however I have engrossed myself in OSRS and don't really plan on "switching back" anytime soon.

Although this in part because I simply don't have the time, and also because I was growing bored on RS3; I had a lot left to do until maxed and completistionist and all, yes, but it just wasn't the same. I like starting from the ground up; it's a lot of work, and it sucks to be poor as hell, but at the same time it's nice because when I get a level, I feel more accomplished by it.

Dunno, maybe I'm the only one who sees it that way. I don't plan on switching to Legacy or doing much outside of merchanting on RS3. I feel that Legacy will attract OSRS players who quit purely because of the combat system, but not so much those who have their roots dug into OSRS.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gunmage8 22/7/2014, 2:00 pm

07 is a sense of nostalgia for most people legacy doesn't really bring out that feeling. I feel that 07 will stay populated.
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 22/7/2014, 5:42 pm

Kelly wrote:The big reason in which I stopped playing RS3/EOC is because of the combat system, however I have engrossed myself in OSRS and don't really plan on "switching back" anytime soon.

Although this in part because I simply don't have the time, and also because I was growing bored on RS3; I had a lot left to do until maxed and completistionist and all, yes, but it just wasn't the same. I like starting from the ground up; it's a lot of work, and it sucks to be poor as hell, but at the same time it's nice because when I get a level, I feel more accomplished by it.

Dunno, maybe I'm the only one who sees it that way. I don't plan on switching to Legacy or doing much outside of merchanting on RS3. I feel that Legacy will attract OSRS players who quit purely because of the combat system, but not so much those who have their roots dug into OSRS.

Same here, i enjoy starting from the bottom and working up..in my eyes it may be more work however i feel its more of an achievement in the sense osrs doesn't fork out bonus xp in the way EoC does and other things. I do play bit of EoC now however for me personally it isnt the same skilling wise..still plan to do some skilling however..
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down