Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for future picks in Solo Q/LCS

+4
piramatrix
mypet tr0ll
Heartstop123
KMV
8 posters

Go down

Predictions for future picks in Solo Q/LCS Empty Predictions for future picks in Solo Q/LCS

Post by KMV 3/8/2014, 5:34 am

So in the NA LCS today we saw Curse run Talon and got its Talons 1st win in the entire LCS this year. I like making these guesses. In Season 3 I played Morgana support quite a bit and I was like one day this will be a thing and people were like you crazy. Also, everyone knows I am pretty adamant about playing Zilean and people were that sucks don't play it anymore. Now everyone knows how OP it is because of faker #anotherpointforme. Now Zilean is 100% going to get nerfed or potentially even reworked.

Here are my predictions(Note: Some of this is just from my random dicking around and light afking in normal games):

In the Jungle:
Zed: Maybe not in LCS but, with the nerfs of Lee Sin and Elise I am sure there are junglers out there like me that can't stand playing junglers without skillshots
Malzahar: I literally started a game at 5 min and carried a game from that point)
Malphite: With all the nerfs to the jungle I can see this one being picked up for a lot of reasons. Since Malphite doesn't have to deal with an attack speed slow vs attack speed slow against Lee he can do alright in that matchup also Eve gets wrecked in this matchup. Elise well she still shits on everything and I see her being the most priority pick in LCS. He also gets Extremely tanky with few items and an attack speed slow is just too useful against most AD junglers.
Aatrox: Again with all the nerfs simular to the nerfs Aatrox saw after Season 3 worlds happened to Elise, Lee Sin, and elise. As a result Aatrox is pretty on par with Lee and Evelynn.
Khaziks: The return is coming now. Since his Isolation still works in the jungle and they reverted the change to his base damage on Q he can invade almost anything and rape the shit out of what he finds.

I will 100% be playing Malzahar and Zed Jungle in Solo Queue along with my patented Karthus Jungle if I have to play jungle

Mid:
Lux: They added an AP ratio to her passive. I haven't played Lux yet but, there is a chance that maybe broken since all of her abilities proc her passive.
Zed: In my dicking around with Zed I find that if you are really good at Zed you can teamfight and outplay almost anything. You definitely won't see this picked into a Lulu unless someone has a mad good plan. It will probably be a Korean team.
Master Yi: I know what you are thinking. You must be crazy and perhaps I am but, I can definitely see a strategy with Master Yi mid coming out of the woodworks.

That's really it for mid since Lulu anywhere shuts out too much that could ever make it.

Top:
AD Kayle: I hate this fucking champion but, I can see it happening. I feel like the AD ratios on her Q and her E are just way too high for this not to happen.

Viktor: If a Korean figures out how broken max CDR viktor with the power upgrade, WOTA + Rylas is I think Viktor will see loads of gameplay competitive.

Bot Lane: (Aka the role I stick Karthus in and just take all the farm to win)
Alistar: The changes to his ult make him extremely durable, which also opens up room for lots of strategies.

Thats it for bot lane as not a whole lot was changed enough to make anything other then Tristana, Kogmaw, or Twitch at the highest priority.

So what do you guys think will come out.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Predictions for future picks in Solo Q/LCS Empty Re: Predictions for future picks in Solo Q/LCS

Post by Heartstop123 3/8/2014, 8:22 am

Corki adc - sleeper OP
zac mid - unkillable
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Predictions for future picks in Solo Q/LCS Empty Re: Predictions for future picks in Solo Q/LCS

Post by mypet tr0ll 3/8/2014, 10:35 am

Aatrox will probably be the only one picked up.

Talon is broken atm, so is xerath.

Interesting to see what happens to sona/janna after their changes.
mypet tr0ll
mypet tr0ll
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 3/8/2014, 12:49 pm

mmh good time to bring my old favourite malphite back Smile
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 3/8/2014, 5:09 pm

Sona is actually pretty OP atm. Run mana regen runes coupled with some health runes and MR/Armor as a support, and I think you're pretty set. Plus, once you pick up a talismen you have even better mana regen, and her abilities are just so much better. Her passive is ridiculous and they buffed up her heal to include a small shield. I highly expect to see Sona getting played after this patch.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 4/8/2014, 7:33 pm

Connor wrote:Sona is actually pretty OP atm. Run mana regen runes coupled with some health runes and MR/Armor as a support, and I think you're pretty set. Plus, once you pick up a talismen you have even better mana regen, and her abilities are just so much better. Her passive is ridiculous and they buffed up her heal to include a small shield. I highly expect to see Sona getting played after this patch.

That is true but, I'm not so sure. Generally squishy supports are falling out of favor because of the nerfs to exhaust. As for my list we have seen 2 of my predictions just in yesterdays LCS.

We saw Zed mid come out of Polbelter and Lux mid coming out of hotshotgg.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 5/8/2014, 6:01 am

Just had my mind blown. I found myself spectating a high elo solo q game and watched a nidalee jungle fuck up everything in its way. Super fast clears, strong gap close (assuming u hit spears or traps), strong scaling, and good burst. Called it here.
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 3/9/2014, 11:07 pm

another thing I can see being popular is Gragas jungle as he is stronger then Elise and Eve early and is useful past early game.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 10/9/2014, 3:25 am

Definitely expecting Azir when he is released. He has a high skillcap, good damage, and decent utility, and seems to be a good pick with his mobility versus some of the meta picks such as Ahri and Syndra. Versus something like a Zed, he can push Zed away to avoid taking alot of damage from his ultimate.
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 10/9/2014, 4:38 am

HOW ABOUT THAT MID HECARIM THO?
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ko Boy Fresh 14/9/2014, 4:43 pm

HOW ABOUT MALZAHAR TOP OR TF SUPPORT?

Ko Boy Fresh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down