Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs

+2
Mr Rockeye
D avy
6 posters

Go down

Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs Empty Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs

Post by D avy 12/8/2014, 7:58 am

I don't know if this is the right section, if not it will probably be moved Smile
Apologies for English not being my native language, I tried to make the best out of it !

I've been struggling with my Flipping log to update it everytime because it requires a lot of work.
This should be pretty easy to understand for people who are a little bit experienced with Excel, I try to make it as clear as possible for others aswel.

Step 1:

Make a flipping log in Excel which calculates your profit and margins by itself, just like this

Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs Scherm12

Cell E2 should have the formula "=D2-C2" and will calculate your profit.
Cell F2 should have the formula "=E2/C2" and will calculate your profit margin.

By pulling the right bottom corner down, you can expand that formule to also count on the row underneath it and so on, which means you only have to add the buy and sell price and the Profit and Margin will calculate for itself.

Step 2:

Decide your lay-out for your flipping log, I use the one that is provided in the Flipping Mentoring group.
The code looks like this:

Code:
[color=#33ccff]- {#}[u]   Item   [/u][/color] - [b]      ...   Profit (   ...    %)[/b]

Now what you want to do is split up the code into different cells, and everytime you have to add your item, profit and margin, leave up a blank cell.

Your cells should look like this:
Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs Scherm13

Step 3:

You now let the cell where the item has to be, link to the cell where your actual item is in your flipping log we created before.
And again you just pull the right bottom corner down to let the formulas work for the cells underneath them aswel.

Example:
In the blank cell where the item should be, you insert "=B2"
In the blank cell where the profit should be, you insert "=E2"
In the blank cell where the margin should be, you insert "=F2"

Step 4:
Final step, only thing you have to do now is copy paste the whole code onto the Smokin Mils forums and you never have to worry about adding those items and profits into a code full of brackets, numbers and letters Smile

Your Excel file should look like this:
Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs Scherm14

And if you copy the whole code you will get this:

- {#} Gnome Scarf -   810 000 Profit ( 1,63 %) - Date of flipping

I hope this was somehow useful to someone, if not, I'm glad it still provides myself an easy way to update my flipping log Very Happy
D avy
D avy
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs Empty Re: Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs

Post by Mr Rockeye 12/8/2014, 9:30 am

Pretty cool and useful guide!
Good job Smile
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs Empty Re: Quick tip for quick updating Flipping logs

Post by ftpatat 12/8/2014, 12:12 pm

Good and helpful guide for people with a flipping log.
ftpatat
ftpatat
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 12/8/2014, 1:08 pm

Or you can just use Merchz Razz

http://merchz.com/merchantlogs/
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by D avy 12/8/2014, 3:51 pm

Julij2 wrote:Or you can just use Merchz Razz

http://merchz.com/merchantlogs/

Still can't provide us the code if we want to keep track of it on the SM forums Smile
You're obligated to do so if you're a mentee.
D avy
D avy
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 12/8/2014, 5:15 pm

i've been keeping a log for a long time why have I never thought of this.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by D avy 12/8/2014, 6:47 pm

lil_me wrote:i've been keeping a log for a long time why have I never thought of this.

Become a more lazy person and you'll spend enough time figuring out things to make your life easier Very Happy
D avy
D avy
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Koos 13/8/2014, 1:17 am

Good job, i might use this sometime, but atm i'm too lazy to put all of this in excel :p
Quick and easy guide tho!  Smile
Koos
Koos
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down